Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

PSA:

Seatbelts save lives.

I think everyone would agree:

There is no reason why someone wouldn't want to protect themselves and those around them while driving a vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
PSA: Beware of air turbulence!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnfTsvcyBo

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

no pubes yet sorry posted:

PSA:

Seatbelts save lives.

I think everyone would agree:

There is no reason why someone wouldn't want to protect themselves and those around them while driving a vehicle.

how the gently caress can they claim to quantify lives saved by minimum drinking age laws

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

psa: suck my dick you fuckman

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Doctor Dogballs posted:

how the gently caress can they claim to quantify lives saved by minimum drinking age laws

they probably compared the data from when the drinking age was 16 and then did not factor in that cars are all built like steel pods now

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I think that is actually probably some weird calculus where they are able to subtract people who have been killed in accidents and or killed people in accidents in previous years?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Good thing school buses don't have seat belts.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

extra stout posted:

steel pods now

crumple pods

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Vakal posted:

Good thing school buses don't have seat belts.

When's the last time you've been in one?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Do school buses have them now? A year or two ago one rolled through my front lawn kids went flying everywhere. Nobody was serieoulsy hurt but my god it was a scene.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Blowjobs are kind of cool but also overrated :science:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

DogonCrook posted:

Do school buses have them now? A year or two ago one rolled through my front lawn kids went flying everywhere. Nobody was serieoulsy hurt but my god it was a scene.

lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seat belts are cool because the people that die from not wearing them are idiots.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Seat belts are cool because the people that die from not wearing them are idiots.

3o, the real purpose of this conversation is:

When someone does not wear their seatbelt and is violently ejected from their vehicle, sending their viscera all over your 5000 dollar ensemble and likely killing you in the process, how are you going to feel? Other than super dead?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Thanks, Ralph Nader

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no pubes yet sorry posted:

3o, the real purpose of this conversation is:

When someone does not wear their seatbelt and is violently ejected from their vehicle, sending their viscera all over your 5000 dollar ensemble and likely killing you in the process, how are you going to feel? Other than super dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjA9KbcAnzk

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I don't even do it just in case i crash and die i just feel like i get jostled around too much in my seat whenever I have been not wearing one ill never get the appeal of being thrown around like a rollercoaster while I'm trying to focus on not crashing the screaming metal deathtrap powered by constant explosions I'm piloting

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Whenever I'm with someone who doesn't wear a seatbelt, I wonder what I've done wrong with my life to have someone that stupid actually be in the same car as me.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It feels weird and uncomfortable to be in a moving vehicle without a seatbelt on. every time you have to brake a bit sharper than normal or swerve to miss a minor piece of debris on the road you feel like you're going to be ejected into loving outerspace.

I have no idea how people feel comfortable without one on, and anyone who refuses to wear one is probably already brain damaged.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

This thing seems to hold up well but not exactly a looker.

The real question though in regards to seatbelts isn't about the occupants of your vehicle.

When a 1992 Ford Taurus station wagon blows a stop sign because it doesn't have any brakes and sends the family cascading through the windshield after contacting your extremely solid german automobile their suddenly extremely mobile american bodies will become extremely involved in your life.

Seatbelts save lives.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
During my medical design career I've met two doctors who believe that seat belts are dangerous and it's much better to be thrown from the wreck. They both have very different and very stupid math and physics bullshit to back this up. I was just hoping the dumb assholes would live long enough to pay off my invoices.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
But if I put my seatbelt on and we crash I won't die. :(

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

The only time I don’t wear a seatbelt is when I’m in the back seat of an Uber or Lyft. Usually that’s because I like to lean forward reeeeaaaally far and breathe on the back of my driver’s neck.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kuato posted:

Blowjobs are kind of cool but also overrated :science:

You are so very wrong.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

You are so very wrong.

So blowjobs are not cool and underrated? Hmmm :confused:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rad-daddio posted:

During my medical design career I've met two doctors who believe that seat belts are dangerous and it's much better to be thrown from the wreck. They both have very different and very stupid math and physics bullshit to back this up. I was just hoping the dumb assholes would live long enough to pay off my invoices.

like do their physics account for your body literally breaking your own windshield when you’re thrown from the wreck???

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Blowjobs are cool and all but deepthroating is a whole lot of loving work

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I almost kill myself everyday then

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
No helmet laws are funny. On one hand they reduce the idiot count, on the other hand my rates go up.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

maybe in older vehicles with lax safety features but modern cars have like 50 airbags that basically turn the entire inside of the car into a padded cell on any significant impact.

Theres also the old wives tale about drunk drivers having a better chance of surviving a fatal accident because they are shitfaced and thus dont tense up and brace themselves for impact.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Roll cages and four point belts should be mandatory.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There's always a couple stories you can find where someone was better off being thrown but statistically you are overwhelmingly more likely to be benefited by a seatbelt. Doing a dumbshit thing and not suffering the negative consequences because of freak luck doesn't mean you made a good decision.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

SeXReX posted:

I don't even do it just in case i crash and die i just feel like i get jostled around too much in my seat whenever I have been not wearing one ill never get the appeal of being thrown around like a rollercoaster while I'm trying to focus on not crashing the screaming metal deathtrap powered by constant explosions I'm piloting

You probably should just ride the subway, all the thrills, maybe more

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Laserface posted:

It feels weird and uncomfortable to be in a moving vehicle without a seatbelt on. every time you have to brake a bit sharper than normal or swerve to miss a minor piece of debris on the road you feel like you're going to be ejected into loving outerspace.

I have no idea how people feel comfortable without one on, and anyone who refuses to wear one is probably already brain damaged.

That's because you've been always wearing them I'm pretty sure. I feel the same way and that's the case with me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

star eater posted:

like do their physics account for your body literally breaking your own windshield when you’re thrown from the wreck???

the neatest part about the physics of this is that, if that happens, that windshield will also break you

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This thread is severely lacking in Tiddy Bears.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone likes Tank! but my favourite Seatbelts song is Don't Bother None.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Rad-daddio posted:

This has to be from like 1970s car design. I had a VW Scirocco for five years and after seeing crash test footage I became convinced that remaining in the car was the worst case scenario in a major accident.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Milo and POTUS posted:

the neatest part about the physics of this is that, if that happens, that windshield will also break you

exactly

the only video i remember from drivers ed was a huge buff guy saying to the camera “i don’t need to wear a seat belt cause if i get in a wreck i’ll just grab the steering wheel and stop my body from flying through the windshield” and we all laughed and laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Laserface posted:

maybe in older vehicles with lax safety features but modern cars have like 50 airbags that basically turn the entire inside of the car into a padded cell on any significant impact.

Theres also the old wives tale about drunk drivers having a better chance of surviving a fatal accident because they are shitfaced and thus dont tense up and brace themselves for impact.

I’ve seen that come up a few times lately about some rear end in a top hat driving drunk/recklessly in a late model luxury car walking away from an accident when someone dies in a piece of poo poo Chevy and people are just shocked at the karmic injustice of it all ignorant of the fact that 10 year old economy and even mid-range cars are rolling death traps compared to a modern luxury car or even older luxury cars.

Even worse is how Tesla likes to play up how safe their cars are with their cruise control system that will straight up murder you by comparing their $100k tanks to a teenagers in 20 year old civics in aggregate accident data.

• Locked thread