Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Saint Freak posted:

50/50 carries over from NXT to main roster so rip forever.

NXT is better about booking feuds to an end. While there is still 50/50 booking, its nowhere near as bad as it is on the main roster. Gargano/Ciampa is pretty heavily slanted towards Ciampa right now in terms of momentum (the feud seems to have been put on ice for now at least), and in the case of the women, Kairi has 2 wins over Shayna, who only has 1 win over Kairi. And Dakota Kai is like 0-3 against Lacey Evans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:hai:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DarkstarIV posted:

NXT is better about booking feuds to an end. While there is still 50/50 booking, its nowhere near as bad as it is on the main roster. Gargano/Ciampa is pretty heavily slanted towards Ciampa right now in terms of momentum (the feud seems to have been put on ice for now at least), and in the case of the women, Kairi has 2 wins over Shayna, who only has 1 win over Kairi. And Dakota Kai is like 0-3 against Lacey Evans.

I am making a joke that Asuka is now paying for all her wins. It's humorous.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Saint Freak posted:

I am making a joke that Asuka is now paying for all her wins. It's humorous.

To be fair, she's only lost four times on the main roster, and three of her losses, WWE is spinning as tainted losses (even though her losses to Carmella were incredibly stupid). They still seem to be protecting her for whatever reason. And it seems like WWE is intentionally keeping Becky and Asuka apart (and they have for awhile, not just recently), probably because once Charlotte fucks off to RAW to feud with Ronda, the top two women on Smackdown will be Becky and Asuka. Probably as the top heel and top babyface respectively. Because WWE is doubling down on Becky's heel turn (at least in their eyes).

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Does Cena live in China now?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1043998741743599616

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hiding from Nikki Bella hit squads

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Making a movie with Jackie Chan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Having not watched for awhile this reminds me of a question I've had a few times as I paid a little more attention lately... did John Cena always look like that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Having not watched for awhile this reminds me of a question I've had a few times as I paid a little more attention lately... did John Cena always look like that?

No, grew his hair out for films and got a bit more ripped

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is that it? There seems to be something different in his face.

I guess that could just be the hair, some weight loss or aging, and like eyebrow grooming or makeup or something. He just looks really "off" to me every time I've seen him lately.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

STAC Goat posted:

Is that it? There seems to be something different in his face.

I guess that could just be the hair, some weight loss or aging, and like eyebrow grooming or makeup or something. He just looks really "off" to me every time I've seen him lately.

he's been cutting weight as well i think

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he's been cutting weight as well i think

He wants to be the next cruiserweight champ.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

fatherofmustard posted:

He wants to be the next cruiserweight champ.

Gotta repay Rey for doing the job all those years ago.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Glad I'm not the only one wondering what's up with Cena. I want to say he looks a bit healthier or normal than when worn down from WWE/Nikki but he does seem off. Is his hair darker too? Grown out? Is he dying it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I basically chalked it up to age and a change in diet and workout routine (or enhancements) since quasi-retiring. I imagine it could be healthier and natural aging. Its just been weirding me out because I kind of went away and when I came back I was like "wait, who?"

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
cena's hair and his new workout regiment is what does it imo. he's lost a lot of size but is still hella ripped.

he's probably also healthier just by virtue of not doing a job that kills you (or at least, not doing it as often).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don’t like this new John cena

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

VJeff posted:

Does anybody remember a story where the forum donated thousands of dollars to the relief fund from some natural disaster to get some dude permabanned?

It was after the Fukushima earthquakes iirc. The dude was asking a question for a college course or something that he could have just googled/was stupid easy and people were offering to pay to permaban him. From there it got parlayed into actually raising money for the disaster relief. Those might not be 100% the full details but they're as close as I can recall.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So...is everyone mildly excited for the next couple of PPVs (not sure what to call them)..the Supershow, the Crown Jewel...and Evolution? :/

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Very odd the Saudi's want a PPV named after Chase Owens

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TV Zombie posted:

So...is everyone mildly excited for the next couple of PPVs (not sure what to call them)..the Supershow, the Crown Jewel...and Evolution? :/

no

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He always got away with poo poo, but now that he's part-time, he doesn't even have to pretend to hide his PED use.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm very sad that the only reason I'm interested in the Evolution PPV is because it looks like it is going to be a huge clusterfuck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow sexist much?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i seriously can't believe they're doing 3 overseas money mark shows this year. its just so weird to go from having none to three, and they're always gonna be weird and upsetting to the flow of the rest of the product because they demand nostalgia that doesn't make sense with anything else going on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cena looks like Mark Wahlberg's stunt double now

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Cena looks like Mark Wahlberg's stunt double now

There's some alternate universe out there where Kevin Spacey didn't get recast in All The Money In The World but Cena is playing Mark Wahlberg's role in the film instead and it ends with him AA-ing him through that large diorama of his California villa.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Good Listener posted:

It was after the Fukushima earthquakes iirc. The dude was asking a question for a college course or something that he could have just googled/was stupid easy and people were offering to pay to permaban him. From there it got parlayed into actually raising money for the disaster relief. Those might not be 100% the full details but they're as close as I can recall.

Yeah, there was a mod challenge that included an option of donating to relief efforts and then someone asked if they could donate instead to still ban him, and it was ruled that if he matched the donation then he'd dodge the perma.

And then 70+ thousand dollars were raised

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

family went to the house with the clock in its balls or whatever today and said the bumblebee trailer reveals that cenar is the bad guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why is John sending his old work video diaries from his vacation? John, is everything ok? We're worried about you :ohdear:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

boar guy posted:

family went to the house with the clock in its balls or whatever today and said the bumblebee trailer reveals that cenar is the bad guy

He drives a Ford GT in it but then the last 45 minutes are him in a courtroom being sued

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The robot man trying to sell me on China being OK is always amusing to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, there was a mod challenge that included an option of donating to relief efforts and then someone asked if they could donate instead to still ban him, and it was ruled that if he matched the donation then he'd dodge the perma.

And then 70+ thousand dollars were raised

That's the one. :laffo: I'd like to read that thread again.

TV Zombie posted:

I don't think Crown Jewel is gonna be televised, which is weird because from the Saudi's perspective if WWE's not using their network to shill for you to the rest of the world, what're they even getting out of it.

Oh, Wikipedia says it is on the Network. Huh.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Gonna love watching a bunch of dudes walking around in the front row instead of sitting in their love seats trying as hard as they can to show people they are too important to actually watch the show they are at.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Do I watch the definite train wreck that is tonight’s RAW or the possible train wreck that is tonight’s Steelers game?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CobiWann posted:

Do I watch the definite train wreck that is tonight’s RAW or the possible train wreck that is tonight’s Steelers game?

Definitely watch the Steelers game, because there’s a very good chance that Antonio Brown could walk out of the stadium at half time.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

That's the one. :laffo: I'd like to read that thread again.

I don't think Crown Jewel is gonna be televised, which is weird because from the Saudi's perspective if WWE's not using their network to shill for you to the rest of the world, what're they even getting out of it.

Oh, Wikipedia says it is on the Network. Huh.

They set up an angle at HiaC for Crown Jewel. Of course it will be on the Network.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I basically chalked it up to age and a change in diet and workout routine (or enhancements) since quasi-retiring. I imagine it could be healthier and natural aging. Its just been weirding me out because I kind of went away and when I came back I was like "wait, who?"

- Doing a 'roid regimen for a decade or more ages the poo poo out of you because of the number it does on your pulmonary system
- He's 41, so really not a spring chicken anymore
- In that video he looks like he's had hair plugs inserted
- He is absolutely dying his hair

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bizarro Cena has one more run in him: delusional part timer who still try to mantain his spot.

Book it Vin man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CobiWann posted:

How bad could it be? They're like...at least as good as the Browns!

• Locked thread