Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I heard the Lio/Lashley stuff was really good, c/d?

Also that advertised Smackdown looks good, can't wait to be disappointed by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

9.5 hours after opening and the WWE discussion thread is just now on page 2. Definitely haven't seen that in a non-holiday week in years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

I heard the Lio/Lashley stuff was really good, c/d?

Also that advertised Smackdown looks good, can't wait to be disappointed by it.

Lio was great, Lashley... ehhhhh

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

9.5 hours after opening and the WWE discussion thread is just now on page 2. Definitely haven't seen that in a non-holiday week in years

Outside of talking about how awesome Drew is, there's nothing to discuss.

But seriously, Drew is incredible.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Codependent Poster posted:

Outside of talking about how awesome Drew is, there's nothing to discuss.

But seriously, Drew is incredible.

:yeah:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I played Spider-Man last night and the Taskmaster challenges can eat a dick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm mildly curious how many people in the GDT last night weren't actually watching RAW at all. seemed like a fair amount including me

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

HIAC is over but they're still promoting 3 PPVs at the same time now that they've announced the Saudi Arabia show.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Honestly, I was not expecting another Saudi house show so soon after the last. Knew there'd be more because its like a multiyear deal or something, right? But didn't think there'd be two within half a year.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Saint Freak posted:

I played Spider-Man last night and the Taskmaster challenges can eat a dick.

I'm going to try to gold all of them. I know I am. I beat the game last night and I'm planning on playing some more last night just to gold those challenges.

I believe this was the first week in forever where I specifically said "eh, I'll just catch the recap on the weekly thread" and didn't even make a token effort to DVR the show. It was Spider-Man and the season finale to Castle Rock for the entire evening. I had the DVR remote right next to me and couldn't be buggered to spend 20 seconds setting it up to record.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm mildly curious how many people in the GDT last night weren't actually watching RAW at all. seemed like a fair amount including me

I watched it. Practically all of it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was watching the `88 italian grand prix

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have some questions about the upcoming Mixed Match Challenge:

1) How far away is it?
2) Will they be playing for the same charities? I wanna see Asuka and Miz pet more puppies!
3) Will they be bringing back teh Alexa and Braun love story? Coz that was cute and fun, and I don't remember it ever getting a finale.
4) Given that it is round robin, how long will it take? Like will we have one MMC match per RAW, so it is interminably dragged out and all the fun is stripped from it? Or will they cram it into the pre-show of a third tier PPV?
5)Leading a bit back to Q2, but will any of the storylines, or character moment from it be allowed to bleed into main roster stuff?

Also, I have a bullshit fantasy booking esque idea about what they can do with it. If WWE don't want to use Asuka properly and giver her back the title, heres something they can do which capitalizes on her chemistry with Miz. Have a story where Maryse gets jealous, (this can even play into their TV series which WWE loves to plug), so Maryse gets to act bitchy, which she is good at. Asuka can go, "I don't want your lovely arse husband", to which Miz can get all huffy and offended, which he is good at. It would lead to Maryse getting angry and picking a fight with Asuka, a fight where Asuka gets to kick her loving head off, which she is good at doing. This also plays into generic WWE Womans storyline #6 'Bitches be cray cray'.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
MMC starts tonight and Alexa's been replaced by Ember due to (kayfabe) having her arm torn up by Ronda.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

reignofevil posted:

I watched it. Practically all of it.

I watched all of it and I enjoyed it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pressedbunny posted:

MMC starts tonight and Alexa's been replaced by Ember due to (kayfabe) having her arm torn up by Ronda.

It might not actually be an arm but I'd be surprised if it's not some kind of real injury, because they did a whole bunch of promotion and made merchandise for their team already.

Edit: Actually the way it's phrased in the announcement it might not be a permanent replacement.

Edit 2: Legit arm injury, but they hope to have her back for her second match.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Sep 18, 2018

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How many shamrocks in the ring for Becky's coronation?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I have some questions about the upcoming Mixed Match Challenge:

1) How far away is it?
2) Will they be playing for the same charities? I wanna see Asuka and Miz pet more puppies!
3) Will they be bringing back teh Alexa and Braun love story? Coz that was cute and fun, and I don't remember it ever getting a finale.
4) Given that it is round robin, how long will it take? Like will we have one MMC match per RAW, so it is interminably dragged out and all the fun is stripped from it? Or will they cram it into the pre-show of a third tier PPV?
5)Leading a bit back to Q2, but will any of the storylines, or character moment from it be allowed to bleed into main roster stuff?

Also, I have a bullshit fantasy booking esque idea about what they can do with it. If WWE don't want to use Asuka properly and giver her back the title, heres something they can do which capitalizes on her chemistry with Miz. Have a story where Maryse gets jealous, (this can even play into their TV series which WWE loves to plug), so Maryse gets to act bitchy, which she is good at. Asuka can go, "I don't want your lovely arse husband", to which Miz can get all huffy and offended, which he is good at. It would lead to Maryse getting angry and picking a fight with Asuka, a fight where Asuka gets to kick her loving head off, which she is good at doing. This also plays into generic WWE Womans storyline #6 'Bitches be cray cray'.

Maryse will think Miz is cheating when she finds an SS hat with his gear.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Raskolnikov38 posted:

CK2 is important.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They put Mixed Match Challenge up on the Network like the day after or something, right? I want to watch it but don't have a Facebook account

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

BCS was really good and only has 3 episodes left this season

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
205 is on Wednesday now? Please tell me they're taping it before SD now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess we'll find out tonight.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
Why not just air it live before Smackdown on the network?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Watching the PPV and barely anyone is doing the yes chant with Bryan. SAD

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JitteryComa posted:

Why not just air it live before Smackdown on the network?

3 Hour Raw on Monday, 3 hours of Smackdown and MMC on Tuesdays, 3 hours of 205, NXT, and MYC on Wednesdays.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Other than that everything sucks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
But did you REALLY support her before the title win?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

205 is on Wednesday now? Please tell me they're taping it before SD now.

The doors of the venue are open 15 mins earlier than usual apparently.

Adam Pearce replied to my tweet hoping it would be with the Batman chin stroke meme gif.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Has Braun been the number 1 contender (the big dog is always really champ) for a year now?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

sbaldrick posted:

Has Braun been the number 1 contender (the big dog is always really champ) for a year now?

There was that brief period where Joe was next in line for it.

Samoa, not Reigns.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

Universal title defenses from Sept 18 2017 to Sept 18 2018:

Brock reign:
vs Braun (No Mercy) *Sept 24 2017
vs Braun and Kane (Royal Rumble)
vs Reigns (Mania)
vs Reigns (GRR)
vs Reigns (Summerslam)

Reigns reign:
vs Finn (Raw)
vs Braun (HIAC)
vs Corbin (Raw)

TL;DR Yes. Aside from Reigns' random Raw open challenges, and that one time Mayor Kane got inserted into a feud, Braun has been contending and losing for exactly a calendar year as of next Monday, Sept 24 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AlMac_GMS/status/1042092810248355840

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

a new study bible! posted:

How many shamrocks in the ring for Becky's coronation?

Just Ken.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Smackdown preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fNgISq_nYg

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I didn't know banks was gone forever! what happen? :(

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Son of Man posted:

I didn't know banks was gone forever! what happen? :(

no the injury happened to paige, sasha was the one delivering the move

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I posted about it here at the time but WWE was happy they "caught" Paige. Bad analogy but it is kinda like an employer finding out an employee was stealing from the workplace via CCTV. WWE believes Paige would have continued to wrestle and hide her injuries until she actually paralysed herself.

I assume given how things worked out for her since Paige is glad they caught her too. She was probably in the headspace at the time that her life would be essentially over if she couldn't wrestle anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What the gently caress happened to Bob Lashley?

• Locked thread