Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell in a Cell Results:
  • The New Day (Big E and Kofi Kingston) successfully defended their Smackdown Tag Team Titles against Rusev Day.... on the pre-show
  • Randy Orton defeated Jeff Hardy in a Hell in a Cell match. Hardy took a stupid bump.
  • Becky Lynch defeated Charlotte Flair clean as a sheet to become the new Smackdown Women's Champion. She refused to shake Charlotte's hand afterwards.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre defeated Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins in a great match to retain their Raw Tag Team Titles.
  • AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe to retain his WWE Championship. However post-match it was clearly shown he had tapped out (and momentarily passed out) while the ref was counting the pinfall. Samoa Joe was furious afterwards.
  • The Miz and Maryse defeated Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella in a mixed tag. :sigh:
  • Ronda Rousey defeated Alexa Bliss to retain the Raw Women's Championship.
  • Roman Reigns vs. BRAUN! went to a no contest in a Hell in a Cell match. The last 10 minutes consisted of Roman and BRAUN! laid out in the ring following a spear through a table, and Dean and Seth fighting with Dolph and Drew outside and on top of the ring. Seth and Dolph took a dumb stereo bump through the tables, Drew and Dean disappeared into the ether, and Brock Lesnar returned, kicked down the door and beat the poo poo out of both Roman and BRAUN! and then a replacement ref called the match off and.... that was literally it, the show went off the air.
  • The crowd chanted,"THIS IS BULLSHIT!" at the ring after the show went off the air.

Raw Results:
  • Roman Reigns opened the show and said last night didn't go the way he wanted but he still got to wake up Universal Champion this morning. He offered Brock Lesnar a chance to come out and get that rematch he wanted, but BRAUN! came out instead.
  • BRAUN! was pissed that Brock cost him his shot at the title, and said Roman was lucky to still be champion. He said he was going to find and destroy Brock, and once he was done with him he would come after Roman and the title.
  • Baron Corbin showed up and said he wasn't happy about the end of Hell in a Cell, but he and Stephanie had worked out a solution. At the Saudi Arabia show (Crown Jewel), Brock and BRAUN! would face Roman in a triple theat for the title. BRAUN! said that sucked, Roman sucked, Brock sucked, Corbin sucked, and when the crowd cheered for him he said they sucked too.
  • Paul Heyman showed up and correctly pointed out how Lesnar successfully leverages his position between WWE and UFC to get maximum money. He said the best leverage for more money was the Universal Championship, so Brock was going to get it back. BRAUN! went after Heyman who cheesed it.
  • Corbin told Roman that he knew he was hurting, so he was going to do him a favor and save him from the Triple Threat by ordering a title match tonight.... against Corbin himself.
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Dean Ambrose in a really, really good match.
  • Drew was still striding like a badass backstage where he was congratulated by a still visibly hurt Dolph. Corbin congratulated Drew as well, said he was going to take Roman's Universal Championship to make it 2 out of 3, and asked Dolph if he wanted to invoke his rematch clause for the Intercontinental Title too. Dolph begged off, being hurt, but Corbin gleefully told him Seth wasn't here today, so if he made the match and Seth didn't show up, Dolph would get the title by forfeit. Dolph happily accepted, and Baron excitedly bragged to a stagehand about how good he was at his job.
  • Ronda Rousey met with the Bellas and Nattie backstage to ask how she went about issuing an open challenge for her title. They told her she didn't need to clear it with anybody, just go out and make the challenger: the trouble was, ANYBODY could answer.
  • Chad Gable defeated Viktor of the Ascension, with Bobby Roode watching from ringside. As they celebrated, however, Konnor blindsided them both.
  • Seth Rollins appeared backstage for an interview to warn Corbin and Ziggler that this was still Monday Night Rollins.
  • Undertaker came out to the ring and warned Triple H he would defeat him like he has before, end his career and take his soul. It didn't matter if Shawn Michaels was in his corner, nothing could save him, but just to be on the safe side, Kane would be in Taker's corner.
  • A video aired for Connor's Cure and some of the kids came out for Bayley's entrance along with Sasha Banks.
  • Bayley defeated Dana Brooke, who is longer part of Titus Worldwide.
  • Drake Maverick stopped the Authors of Pain from murdering a random stagehand, telling them to save it for the match. They then went out and murdered a couple of jobbers.
  • Seth met Dolph backstage, and Dolph offered Seth the chance to back out of the match since he had Corbin with him. Seth said he wasn't backing out.
  • Seth Rollins successfully defended his Intercontinental Title against Dolph Ziggler, in a good match that the crowd was really, really into.
  • Roman was interviewed backstage about potentially being the underdog against Corbin tonight. He said he was going in as.... THE BIG DOG!
  • Ronda Rousey came out to issue her open challenge, saying she wanted to be a great champion in the vein of Bret Hart, Steve Austin and Ric Flair. Nattie's music hit but she was dragged out by the Riott Squad, with Ruby answering the challenge. Ronda, still selling the ribs, fought off the entire Riott Squad briefly but then got outnumbered, and was saved by the Bellas who chased them off and joined Ronda staring them down (and leaving Nattie's corpse where it was).
  • BRAUN! met Corbin backstage and said he hoped Corbin would beat Roman for the title, because "you suck and I know I can kill you".
  • Elias was doing a concert but was interupted by Lio Rush ("whose kid is this?" asked Elias), who talked some trash before bringing out Bobby Lashley.
  • As Lashley and Elias were fighting, Kevin Owens showed up and tried to get his hands on Lio Rush, who managed to dodge him (and Elias) a few times before Owens finally got hold of him. Lashley saved him and then tossed him onto Owens and Elias, who quickly escaped as Lashley and Rush celebrated together.
  • Alexa Bliss told Alicia Fox and Mickie James they were future Hall of Famers, but she wanted them as a team tonight to face Ember Moon, since Ember didn't have any friends.
  • Ember Moon has a friend: Nia Jax. They defeated Alicia and Mickie.
  • Corbin met with a ref backstage and told him to call it straight down the middle and absolutely fairly, and not to be worried about the fact that Corbin has complete and total control over his employment and the wellbeing of his family.
  • Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin ended in a DQ when Corbin threw a chair at Roman.
  • Corbin immediately ordered the match restarted as a No DQ match. BRAUN! came out to attack Roman, followed by Ziggler and Drew, followed by Seth and Dean and the whole thing descended into a brawl. Seth and Dean managed to clear out the others with a dual suicide dive, and Roman hit Corbin with the Spear to get the pin.
  • The Shield stood tall in the ring to close the show.

Smackdown Results:
  • A recap of Becky Lynch's triumphant, clean victory over Charlotte Flair was played.
  • Miz opened the show with MizTV, reveling in the boos from the crowd. He revealed that he and Daniel Bryan will face each other at the Australian "Super Show Down" and the winner will be the Number One Contender for the WWE Championship.
  • Miz's special guest was a "rare appearance on Smackdown" from.... his wife Maryse! They had some fun and then Maryse revealed she would not be appearing on Smackdown again for quite some time. The crowd cheered and Miz got fired up and called out Daniel Bryan, mocking Brie. Bryan came out and said he could talk poo poo about Bryan all he wanted but not his wife, then jumped into the ring and started beating up Miz, until accidentally knocking him into Maryse.
  • Medics came out to check on Maryse while Bryan freaked out and apologized. Miz went to get water, and the director completely missed getting the angle on Maryse smiling and laughing to reveal it was a fake. Miz tried to jump Bryan from behind but he fought him off, Miz knocked Maryse off the apron, and they cheesed it as Bryan celebrated in the ring.
  • New Day (BIG E and Xavier dressed in Crocodile Hunter outfits) explored backstage with binoculars.
  • Backstage, Daniel Bryan was interviewed and revealed he knew Miz was up to something because he called him out, and Miz is a coward who would never face him one-on-one without some trick up his sleeve. He did a really good promo about beating Miz to get a title shot which probably should have been done in the ring.
  • Cesaro defeated Kofi Kingston in a fun match, with the commentators selling this as proof that The Bar could possibly beat The New Day for the tag titles.
  • Rusev and Lana were backstage talking about his US Title match tonight, and when Aiden English showed up to give his support, Rusev told him to stay away from the ring and said his best at the PPV on Sunday wasn't good enough. English lost his poo poo at a stagehand backstage and said Lana was truly to blame for all their problems, then realized she was still behind him. She said she was going to tell Rusev and he chased after her begging her not to.
  • Randy Orton was in the production truck intimidating a technician, making him play video of his abuse of Jeff Hardy and vowing that it would pale in comparison to what he did to his next victim.
  • They replayed video of AJ tapping out to Samoa Joe but still retaining the WWE Championship. AJ was interviewed and said that luck was on his side, but the referee's decision stands and maybe that's karma for all the poo poo Joe had pulled?
  • Lana and English caught up with Rusev but he told Lana he needed to concentrate on his match, and sent a nervous English out to sing his intro.
  • Nakamura successfully defended his US Title against Rusev, who got distracted by a desperate English getting on the mic to hype up the crowd, and trying to take Lana's,"RUSEV! CRUSH!" spot. Postmatch, English attacked Rusev, grabbed the mic and sarcastically sang,"Happy Rusev Daaaaay!"
  • A video aired showing off WWE 2k19's graphics and roster. It did not look very good.
  • AJ Styles defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas in a really good match. Immediately post-match, a loving LIVID Samoa Joe jumped him from behind screaming,"YOU WILL NEVER BE SAFE!" - AJ was able to recover enough to fight back, Joe broke free and left through the crowd, and AJ posed in the ring with the belt.
  • Asuka defeated Billie Kay in a relatively quick match. She tapped Billie out, though the director almost missed the tapout because they cut to Naomi just standing motionless outside of the ring doing nothing as it happened.
  • Becky came out to celebrate her championship win, and the crowd was still behind her despite the commentators trying to sell it as her having changed for the worse. Charlotte came out to say she wasn't here to steal Becky's spotlight, but to give her the respect that Becky wouldn't give her at Summerslam. Becky was the better woman on the night at Hell in a Cell, but she paid a heavy price for it and at Super Show Down in front of 60,000 people she was going to take the title back.
  • Becky mocked her ("I stopped listening once you said I was the better woman"), pointing out all the big claims that Charlotte made before Hell in a Cell that hadn't come true. She deigned to allow Charlotte to "touch the champ" and raise her hand tonight, and when Charlotte said no she told her to put the title around her (Becky's) waist.
  • Charlotte said she'd lost her friend and she hoped Becky thought it was worth it, so Becky laughed and said Charlotte didn't need to raise her hand or put the belt around her waist, just call her Queen.... bitch. Charlotte tried to attack her, Becky beat the poo poo out of her, put her in the Disarmer, and walked away the badass Women's Champion of Smackdown. :hellyeah:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so nia's face again? lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
raw was really, really, really bad. i can't even describe how tired i am of...basically the entire show. it might be time for a break for the fall before the run to wrestlemania begins.

also, no finn. looks like he really is completely buried. maybe he has heat for posting pictures in front of strip clubs and making one night in Chyna jokes?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Professor Funk posted:

raw was really, really, really bad. i can't even describe how tired i am of...basically the entire show. it might be time for a break for the fall before the run to wrestlemania begins.

also, no finn. looks like he really is completely buried. maybe he has heat for posting pictures in front of strip clubs and making one night in Chyna jokes?

Watch NXT (and its Takeovers) only and you'll be in a much better place.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

I don't think so, but like I said, don't bank on him getting the Universal title again at least for a while. His only bet at a world title anytime soon is a trip to SD, where he won't main event PPVs even if he wins

Wonder how much more clusterfuck Shield main event finishes even Shield reunion fans will be able to tolerate. Gotta figure there were a significant amount joining the chanting about bullshit last night

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I hate that Bobby Roode and Chad Gable have defeated the Ascension three times in as many weeks for purposes of setting up another match against The Ascension.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't think so, but like I said, don't bank on him getting the Universal title again at least for a while. His only bet at a world title anytime soon is a trip to SD, where he won't main event PPVs even if he wins

Wonder how much more clusterfuck Shield main event finishes even Shield reunion fans will be able to tolerate. Gotta figure there were a significant amount joining the chanting about bullshit last night

Yeah for sure. I don't even care about Finn holding a title, I just want to see him in a halfway decent feud.

On the second point, I think (hope) it will become painfully transparent that they're just using the Shield to protect Roman. Not sure if fans will ever actively boo the Shield, but I could see fans becoming apathetic towards them.

On that front, I feel like fans have cooled on Rollins a decent amount recently. He's still over as hell, but he's not getting the mega pops he was a month or so ago.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 18, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If that Lio chased by Owens & Elias segment proved anything it's that Lio rush is gonna get over doing cool cruiserweight poo poo on Raw and people will be confused and he'll be punished for it.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this saudi arabia poo poo is enough for me, taking a main roster break for a while

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in holy poo poo news, although it's for charity, look at how much the gloves that Roman wore is going for.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

So in holy poo poo news, although it's for charity, look at how much the gloves that Roman wore is going for.

Why is Vince bidding in the Connors Cure auction

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CarlCX posted:

I hate that Bobby Roode and Chad Gable have defeated the Ascension three times in as many weeks for purposes of setting up another match against The Ascension.

“The Ascension wasn’t a great tag team... but they were... a tag team” ~ Fandango 2017

I like how Drake Maverick with AoP was like “Don’t kill that way, kill THAT way”. Shame there can’t be any big tag team storylines because the titles are busy with a bunch of singles guys including 2 feuding over a singles belt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

More than a lot of people make in a year. Jesus.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DarkstarIV posted:

Geez that by itself is more merch money than 90% of the women’s division or all of 205 Live combined makes

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
So no Finn Balor on Raw tonight.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Just so we are clear this is to big for Conner's CURE right? Like you win the cure and are able to hold it hostage?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

DarkstarIV posted:

Why can't he smile for this? He looks like he's burdened taking pictures for a children's charity event.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:11:34 PM EDT 1 $43,310.00
nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:10:28 PM EDT 1 $43,310.00
Blue68 Sep 12, 2018 08:00:57 PM EDT 1 $43,300.00
nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:10:10 PM EDT 1 $40,020.00
nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:10:03 PM EDT 1 $40,000.00
nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:09:50 PM EDT 1 $15,000.00
nickmilicia Sep 17, 2018 10:09:29 PM EDT 1 $10,000.00
ChloeReigns Sep 13, 2018 06:46:37 PM EDT 1 $6,400.00
ChloeReigns Sep 12, 2018 08:15:03 PM EDT 1 $1,300.00
ChloeReigns Sep 12, 2018 08:14:47 PM EDT 1 $1,200.00
ChloeReigns Sep 12, 2018 08:14:32 PM EDT 1 $1,100.00
ChloeReigns Sep 12, 2018 11:05:55 AM EDT 1 $1,000.00

so was this just someone trying to outbid the reigns fan or is chloereigns just loving with the price

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 18, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There's no way the payment goes through

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Why can't he smile for this? He looks like he's burdened taking pictures for a children's charity event.

That uhh..... that's just what his smile looks like....

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Roman hits the spear to win the 'Roman has to lose' match. He truly is the big dog.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Why you let Dana go, Titus?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Im glad im flying to milan in an hour and missed this stupid show.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

• BRAUN! said that sucked, Roman sucked, Brock sucked, Corbin sucked, and when the crowd cheered for him he said they sucked too.
  • Baron excitedly bragged to a stagehand about how good he was at his job.
  • BRAUN! met Corbin backstage and said he hoped Corbin would beat Roman for the title, because "you suck and I know I can kill you".

All of these were good! The crowd popped for each thing he said sucked, including themselves. It doesn't hurt that Braun was right, that triple threat idea sucks, brock sucks, roman sucks, baron sucks. I'm not sure if "I KNOW I can KILL YOU :mad:" is OK with WWE management but I hope he isn't in hot water about it because I was so surprised I burst out laughing. Usually wrestlers say they can defeat you in the middle of the ring and that sounds stupid as poo poo, especially coming from a monster like Braun.

Otherwise, what I saw of RAW was pretty bad. Even the supposedly really good matches weren't all that good.

quote:

Smackdown (Advertised):
  • AJ Styles vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
It would be stupid of me to be excited for this, but I will say it sure has the potential to be good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like Raw when Drew is on kicking rear end.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How mentally ill do you have to be to fake bid on an auction for a children's charity

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

How mentally ill do you have to be to fake bid on an auction for a children's charity

About as mentally ill as you’d have to be to bother with even looking at an auction for a wwe vanity project.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Roque11 posted:

So no Finn Balor on Raw tonight.

Who cares, we got mothafucking VIKTOR

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I like Raw when Drew is on kicking rear end.

Drew has looked like such an unbelievable badass this week (and in general) and if the price of him being a main eventer kicking rear end is that Dolph gets taken along for the ride, I'm all for it.

Plus I gotta admit that Dolph's matches with Seth have been really good, they have really good chemistry together.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Maybe Dolph can be Drew's manservant.

His Macservant, if you well.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i like drew mcintyre a lot, that dude owns

the generic heel team they got going is kinda boring, but he works good, i hope he sticks around and breaks into the title scene when we finally get away from roman/braun/brock

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

About as mentally ill as you’d have to be to bother with even looking at an auction for a wwe vanity project.

I dunno that I would put those on the same level at all

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am sad that Dana is no longer a part of Titus Worldwide.

Even though she was awful, she seems so nice and enthusiastic, so it was good to have her with such a truly lovely human being in Titus.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lio Rush gave me the first bit of joy I've had from watching Raw in weeks. My man!

e: Oh yeah, also Corey's continued obsession with Mean Girls

Rarity fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Sep 18, 2018

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am sad that Dana is no longer a part of Titus Worldwide.

Even though she was awful, she seems so nice and enthusiastic, so it was good to have her with such a truly lovely human being in Titus.

It was a bit weird how it’s a face group but Dana kept teaming with heels. Except that time she teamed with Asuka who has murdered her 99 times in the past

Soul Glo posted:

the generic heel team they got going is kinda boring, but he works good, i hope he sticks around and breaks into the title scene when we finally get away from roman/braun/brock

Drew will give us the athletic heel hoss matches we shoulda got with Roman and couldn’t get with Cass or Nash. I’m behind drew being the lean big guy who makes it if he can go a year without getting hurt or loving up on twitter

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Defiance Industries posted:

Maybe Dolph can be Drew's manservant.

His Macservant, if you well.

There’s an Always Sunny joke in here somewhere...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the bellas suck and their transition from ring rats to glorified veterans is one of the WWE history rewrite TM that bothers me the most

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Lio Rush is a great manager

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

even better, they're going to build him up then feed him to roman!

edit: also wow WWE discussion really didn't get off the first page yet, that's wild

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Death to Vince McMahon

• Locked thread