Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rey loses to a Swiss One Nine, which Corey assures us Cesaro invented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Saint Freak posted:

Rey loses to a Swiss One Nine, which Corey assures us Cesaro invented.

Graves could get way with that because he'd say it like he BELIEVED it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when Rey got booed for not being Bryan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If nothing else isn't Rey vs AJ kind of a never done dream match?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE: You want it to be one way - but it's the other way

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/19/cm-punk-the-girl-on-the-third-floor-first-look

CM Punk is starring in a movie about a man, haunted by his past mistakes, who tears apart his life and those he cares about

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Midnightghoul posted:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/09/19/cm-punk-the-girl-on-the-third-floor-first-look

CM Punk is starring in a movie about a man, haunted by his past mistakes, who tears apart his life and those he cares about

Good to see him branching out into documentaries

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Starring in low budget horror flicks is the long way to getting that lawsuit money back

Good news is he won't need to spend any time in makeup being that a psychotic junkie that hasn't slept for weeks is his everyday look

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The reviews are in: cm Stunk! his sister sarah who he demanded be on the project was quite good however

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

his sister sarah

Suddenly why he's in the movie makes sense

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fix your poo poo with Colt so I can go back to liking you, Punk.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wwe's hiring of writers that have no clue about wrestling and then churning through them has created a cargo cult wrestling company that just copies things that previously got heat in desperate attempts to get the planes viewers to return
This is one of the most apt descriptions of the product I've ever heard.

The metaphor falls apart, however, because the planes keep loving coming for some god-forsaken reason.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

The metaphor falls apart, however, because the planes keep loving coming for some god-forsaken reason.

Convenience is the common excuse, like there's one single streaming service on the planet and it's the one for the company with bi-annual trips to saudi and a seat in the trump administration, and the planes keep saying you're the rear end in a top hat for not funding it with a smile on your face like them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

LividLiquid posted:

surely the islands get a steady stream of western refuse landing on their shore, such as prince Phillip

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

If his first feud isn’t Almas, I’ll be shocked.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
CM Sunk At The Box Office

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Fix your poo poo with Colt so I can go back to liking you, Punk.

I don't think burying someone under 250k of unexpected sudden debt that you already agreed to pay is one of those friendship things that can be fixed

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Sockser posted:

I think I saw Sami do it one time? Or maybe it was even Charlotte? Sometime during 2014. I only remember this because that’s when I learned why they do the drop down thing, which I had never had context for prior.

When someone does it to Samoa Joe, he always sort of stumbles over it which is how I learned the reason for it.

I always appreciate that he does that even if it does not lead to a moment where he goes down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

how the gently caress

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1042558480614404096

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't think burying someone under 250k of unexpected sudden debt that you already agreed to pay is one of those friendship things that can be fixed

I mean 250k could probably fix it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was the crowd for 205 Live any better?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MotU posted:

mysterio vs drew pls hes big enough

Drews match against Speedball in PWG was amazing.

Against Rey it would be loving unreal....

....if it wasn't in the WWE cause the WWE loving blows.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

Was the crowd for 205 Live any better?
It was definitely livelier, though still not a full crowd since it started filming early (basically like how all the cruiser preshow matches go where people are still filing in)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody knew for sure that it would be taped then before yesterday though, so hopefully now that it's standard they'll get there earlier.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dylan McKay posted:

I mean 250k could probably fix it.

Would you be all 'alright we're cool' after your friend who you've known forever had the capacity to do that to you in the first place?

That's a bridge nuking move

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I pretty much never watch anymore but I swear every time I read the results I might as well be reading the same results from 3 years ago, is that accurate? Like a few new wrestlers thrown into the mix but all of these shows sound exactly the same. The girls are always having gang warfare for some reason and claiming the others don’t have friends, the shield are switching off who’s in the midcard and who’s in the main event, Brock Lesnar comes back whenever he wants, groups are split up or people turn on each other for no reason and then just reuinite within months anyway, and everybody trades off wins 50/50 before they move on to do the same thing with someone else after doing that for like 6 months straight

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

I pretty much never watch anymore but I swear every time I read the results I might as well be reading the same results from 3 years ago, is that accurate? Like a few new wrestlers thrown into the mix but all of these shows sound exactly the same. The girls are always having gang warfare for some reason and claiming the others don’t have friends, the shield are switching off who’s in the midcard and who’s in the main event, Brock Lesnar comes back whenever he wants, groups are split up or people turn on each other for no reason and then just reuinite within months anyway, and everybody trades off wins 50/50 before they move on to do the same thing with someone else after doing that for like 6 months straight

Yeah but now they’re all being paid by Saudi blood money.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Would you be all 'alright we're cool' after your friend who you've known forever had the capacity to do that to you in the first place?

That's a bridge nuking move

Being a firm believer in the possibility of personal transformation within every person, I hesitate to definitely rule out the chance of a reconciliation. But, to paraphrase Carl Sagan, extraordinary claims (of a change of heart) require extraordinary evidence, so I wouldn’t go making any bets on it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I heard. So not just actively boring and nonsensically repetitive but somehow more evil than WWE even was before. Like if Hanna-Barbera was funded by Kim Il Sung in the 60s-80s

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think this might be why I tuned out

There used to be a new story like every quarter on top, for better or worse

Dean and Seth, though not for the top belts, was the top story until it got derailed into bray
And you had Daniel Bryan doing his thing
And shield running over the roster
And cena was at least usually fighting someone new every couple months
Or here comes Kane to do some dumb corporate bullshit

But the past 2+ years have been nothing but loving Brock and Roman and Roman and Brock with a few speed bumps along the way and romans getting another title shot oh he got punked out it’s okay he’ll whine for two months until Brock shows up again and this is the entirety of the A plot for raw for now and forever

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Sockser posted:

I think this might be why I tuned out

There used to be a new story like every quarter on top, for better or worse

Dean and Seth, though not for the top belts, was the top story until it got derailed into bray
And you had Daniel Bryan doing his thing
And shield running over the roster
And cena was at least usually fighting someone new every couple months
Or here comes Kane to do some dumb corporate bullshit

But the past 2+ years have been nothing but loving Brock and Roman and Roman and Brock with a few speed bumps along the way and romans getting another title shot oh he got punked out it’s okay he’ll whine for two months until Brock shows up again and this is the entirety of the A plot for raw for now and forever

remember cena and orton?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the entire attitude era went for like 4 years. wrestlemania 31 (brock vs roman for the title for the first time) was in 2015.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

boar guy posted:

remember cena and orton?

Yeah but they at least traded off programs and it wasn't the top story for three loving years

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
I miss JeriKO

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I think Brock showing back up at Hell in a Cell was my breaking point. I think I'm finally ready to call it quits with this awful company.

I 'watched' Raw and Smackdown this week but I slept through half of Raw and spent most of Smackdown playing Smash Brothers. I think they've finally broke me enough that I just don't care anymore.

What a lovely, awful company this has become.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

This is hypnotic, and both guys are really impressive here.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Vandar posted:

I think Brock showing back up at Hell in a Cell was my breaking point. I think I'm finally ready to call it quits with this awful company.

I 'watched' Raw and Smackdown this week but I slept through half of Raw and spent most of Smackdown playing Smash Brothers. I think they've finally broke me enough that I just don't care anymore.

What a lovely, awful company this has become.

https://njpwworld.com/temp_signup/entry

CMLL also puts their shows up for free on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/user/VideosOficialesCMLL

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

reach42 posted:

I miss JeriKO

They made those 6 months of only wrestling against 2 guys really fly by. I like how Raw was so thin at that time Roman was chasing the universal title immediately following the night he won the US title and half the time he wouldn’t even walk to the ring with it. Still better than Bobby Roode’s US title run tho.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Listening to a new punk song and unexpectedly comes along SCSA and Ted Dibiase mentions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VODKZxsRa_E

I’m like Stone Cold Steve Austin I put homophobes in coffins

I’m like Ted DeBiase I win no matter what it costs me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wednesday is a really really good day for wrestling now

• Locked thread