Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Problem:I just had a laptop die so I pulled the HD and got a USB cable to plug it into the new laptop.

All of my important stuff is on a partition separate from the Windows files. I can see everything but can't even view any files because it's basically asking for permission from the old Windows admin. They're encrypted apparently and I don't know how to get them freed up for transfer to the new laptop.

Attempts: tried booting to that hard drive and it won't seem to do it.

???

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
You probably just need to "take ownership"? Google for that and "windows 10" and see if it solves the issue.

• Locked thread