Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

RIP to one of the greatest consoles of all time

https://kotaku.com/sony-japan-is-finally-saying-goodbye-to-the-ps2-1828780998

gone but never forgotten. F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
F

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The summer of 2005 a friend and I played San Andreas nonstop 24 hours a day without turning off his PS2 and after five days it started making buzzing sounds and shut off and was hot to the touch. And then it turned back on anyway and works to this day. Godlike console

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
F

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*pats my PS2 before going to bed*

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My PS2 isn't working. Hopefully someone can talk me through fixing it without getting flamed off the forum.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i tried to come up with fond gaming memories for the op but the ps2 was so dominant that i literally cant isolate anything, its all just one massive decade long blur of excellence

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

*pats my PS2 before going to bed*

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The summer of 2005 a friend and I played San Andreas nonstop 24 hours a day without turning off his PS2 and after five days it started making buzzing sounds and shut off and was hot to the touch. And then it turned back on anyway and works to this day. Godlike console

san andreas killed my fat ps2 but i got a slim shortly after that still works to this day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my fat ps2 never died. vice city and dragonquest 8 changed my life

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I still have my launch PS2 my mom got me and hid until Christmas. December 2000. I still use it to this day

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Last I checked my ps2 still runs as long as you flip it upside down after you put the disk in.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the ps2 rules. the only problem I had with it was when I played a demo disc and it erased all my save data in my memory card, including gta San andreas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

the ps2 rules. the only problem I had with it was when I played a demo disc and it erased all my save data in my memory card, including gta San andreas

viewtiful joe demo right? i got owned by the same thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The soul calibur 3 single player save data that imploded your memory card like clockwork

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The little animated icons for all your saves on the Memory Card menu were the best.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kongming posted:

The little animated icons for all your saves on the Memory Card menu were the best.

part of the excitement of getting a new game was seeing the save icon

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

feels

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

elf help book posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Kongming posted:

I forget which game it was but one of them had a clue on the back to solve a puzzle in the game, it was very cool.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

:hai:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Hell yeah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahaha

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite PS2 memory was just 3 years ago when I played through all of DQVIII in like 5 days while recovering from surgery

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

My favorite PS2 memory was just 3 years ago when I played through all of DQVIII in like 5 days while recovering from surgery

drat, is that free with every vasectomy?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I had an xbox

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

I had GameCube, Xbox and PS2. The greatest generation

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I had a PS2 and got a GC for Mario Sunshine, my friend had the Xbox

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Rest in peace my friend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

drat, is that free with every vasectomy?

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

had a ps2 and gamecube but kids would bring the xbox to school for halo/halo2 splitscreen all the time

one time a kid brought his ps2 to play a movie for the class. the 360 had already been out for a while, when he tried to power it on it would flash on for a moment and power off immediately, he admitted he hasn't touched it in a while so he started inspecting it and went "AACKK" and dropped it on the floor. it didn't break but bigass fireants started pouring out of it and everyone screamed and bolted out of the room

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

what is it with playstations and bugs lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

• Locked thread