Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

The whole magic behind MGs was how far they were able to push the limited capabilities of the psx , a modern engine remake would be loving stupi

Actually the magic is because it’s an amazing game with unparalleled storytelling directed by the genius Hideo Kojima 小島 秀夫 Topic Locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

they had to re record a bunch of voice poo poo for twin snakes because they did it all in a hotel room or something and when you cranked up the quality you could hear all the street traffic and background noise from the original recordings. Idk how you fall for a rumor about “Kojima consulting” anyway, Konami would not let him within a thousand miles of anything they own

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually the magic is because it’s an amazing game with unparalleled storytelling directed by the genius Hideo Kojima 小島 秀夫 Topic Locked.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'll buy an MGS remake I don't give a drat

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's this. Who cares about technology? Good games are good games. That said, I have zero confidence in an MGS remake of any kind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

herculon posted:

I'll buy an MGS remake I don't give a drat

I'll buy anything

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

they had to re record a bunch of voice poo poo for twin snakes because they did it all in a hotel room or something and when you cranked up the quality you could hear all the street traffic and background noise from the original recordings

lmfao that owns

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
David Hayter can and will work anywhere

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they had to re record a bunch of voice poo poo for twin snakes because they did it all in a hotel room or something and when you cranked up the quality you could hear all the street traffic and background noise from the original recordings. Idk how you fall for a rumor about “Kojima consulting” anyway, Konami would not let him within a thousand miles of anything they own

also kojima's brainn has been melted by tech company goombas buying him avacado toast small plate breakfast 59.99 per plate for 10 years so he can poast the toast on instagram. gently caress you kojima!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

also kojima's brainn has been melted by tech company goombas buying him avacado toast small plate breakfast 59.99 per plate for 10 years so he can poast the toast on instagram. gently caress you kojima!

https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/358265892175495169?s=21

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Kojima fell off a while ago but I also think it's funny and cool how he basically took 100 million dollars from Sony and used it to make Mads sing happy birthday into the motion capture machine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can we get the metal gear stylesheet specifically for this thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

Kojima fell off a while ago but I also think it's funny and cool how he basically took 100 million dollars from Sony and used it to make Mads sing happy birthday into the motion capture machine.
Like some Taj Mahal-level spending money on your crush.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I hope they make the remake.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I would play it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

death stranding is godly

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

This. The haters are simply ignorant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

This

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
twin snakes is pretty much metal gear solid 1 with metal gear solid 2's graphics and gameplay (except gamecube didn't have analog face buttons so you have to do a weird uncomfortable thing with the b button)
it's good but playing it back to back with mgs2 almost feels like playing two assassin's creed games back to back

that's why I think ports are a better idea. prior to snake eater, the series was really iterative, and updating the graphics and gameplay of the older titles just moves them closer to being the same game

use cigarettes/ir to expose lasers, find a hollow wall by knocking then blow a hole in it, fight a guy in a tank, when in doubt ask the people on the codec, need a gas mask to get through this room, can't walk on this floor- use a guided missile to blow up the control thinger, invisible enemy, who's this mysterious friend helping you on the radio?, backtrack and get a special weapon to proceed, fire rockets at a dick in an aircraft, uh oh you're being tortured better tap buttons, creative use of a weird inventory item gets you out of a seeming dead end, mission turns out to not be what you thought it was, major npc betrays you, punch the guy and destroy metal gear anyway, congratulations you're the hero of outer heaven/zanzibar/shadow moses/big shell

it's like remaking Alien so that the effects and cinematography are more in line with Aliens. we already have that movie, it's called Aliens.

then snake eater hit the familiar "nuclear-equipped tank thingy must be destroyed, lone infiltrator goes through a procession of freakshow boss fights while npc's betray him" formula, but finally ditched the "backtrack and get a sniper rifle" gameplay progression and added cqc/interrogations/shooting radios/sabotaging enemy supply sheds, and the stamina/passive healing-wound treatment system, and the camo percentage thing and it's one of the best games ever gently caress I love snake eater

and then I didn't play 4, but 5 is pretty great too because they somehow made an open world stealth game. too bad they didn't finish

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Cubone posted:

I didn't play 4

:rolleyes:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

for real

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

this.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in general I'm much more laid back now than when I was a kid. The only time in recent memory where I got legitimately pissed as an adult was when a friend of mine tried to explain to me that death stranding isn't actually a game because "there's no gameplay." I tried to describe the game in depth and he concluded that it's a shooter with non-gameplay stuff tacked on. he has never played ds or any kojima game in his life

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
hope that guy has some redeeming qualities

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a "we were friends in college and have seen each other 2 or 3 times in the past decade" situation

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i knew death stranding had reached a whole new plane of gaming existence when i tripped over while being chased by mules and was trying to pick up as much cargo as i could in a panic before they got to me

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Die-Hardman

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Thank you sony for giving the xbox competition and helping cement it's place as the best next gen console.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

elf help book posted:

death stranding is godly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yeah, agree, his drat ending scene, holy poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Didn't they remake metal gear solid on gamecube and it didn't suck

It's ok and interesting in the same way that an american remake of oldboy or funny games is but it kind of sucks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at the no cigarette

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

American McGay posted:

He hasn’t fallen off though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked MGS4 but it was the weakest one, and V is incredible but a total mess that wasn't finished. However I agree he hasn't fallen off and DS was really good and cool and I'm excited to see what he does next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol at the no cigarette