Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i saw a bunch of people saying its an easy platinum and i was considering it since the game is fine enough until after i beat the game and realized you have to complete like 165 crime events and now the idea of opening the game fills me with dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Sony First Party 60 dollar games stay winning!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s extremely retarded in this regard, and honestly in others, and it’s not a very good game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jesus christ . Those Smash Bros roster predictions had better all check out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

keksimus_maximus.png

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it seems like most western open world games where there's a huge world that looks impressive but is mostly dead and the core systems are all either mediocre or awful

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

it seems like most western open world games where there's a huge world that looks impressive but is mostly dead and the core systems are all either mediocre or awful

The onus is more on the combat than anything else, moving around is way more fun than driving a car or flying a plane in GTA could ever be -- but 100% of missions involve combat in some way and once you're like 8 hours in or so you're basically expected to thoughtlessly repeat the same combat patterns for the next 20 hours of game. It does a very poor job at both ramping up your own abilities and ramping up the threat of your enemies and it gets really stagnant.

I have nothing bad to say about traversal though, moving around as quickly as possible is engaging and skill intensive and they pulled that part of the game off really well -- I was never even tempted to use the fast travel features because getting from place to place is by far the best part of the game

edit: like i did all the side missions and literally the best one by far involves chasing normal-rear end pigeons around the city because you don't have to fight anything and it's just about planning routes on the fly and utilizing all your movement capabilities to catch some regular old pigeons

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 24, 2018

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Jesus christ . Those Smash Bros roster predictions had better all check out

I WILL be absolved.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I WILL be absolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de3WWGCK4N0&t=30s

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

does it have teaser baton guys and shield guys too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

does it have teaser baton guys and shield guys too

yes.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its a weird middle ground of batman and more normal action games, so its got the use X attack of Y enemy type of batman but you arent locked into a little combat pose like batman and actually have to move around and deal with long range threats and multiple people can attack at once including off screen which can be a mess depending on the combination

normal guys
shield guys
fat guys
taser baton guys
taser WHIP guys (exactly like baton guys but you cant web them)
late game jetpack guys WOW! (air combos are your best tool overall so having enemies that require you air combo them be endgame enemies is idiotic)
handgun/machine gun guys
rocket launcher guys

and some guys can throw fire or stun grenades but they arent a enemy type i have no idea who does that to prioritize them and the sound made to indicate its coming is exactly the same as the incoming rocket except you need to buy the skill to throw back rockets so youll probably instinctively go to throw back a grenade and take a rocket to the face and thats dogshit

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

its a weird middle ground of batman and more normal action games, so its got the use X attack of Y enemy type of batman but you arent locked into a little combat pose like batman and actually have to move around and deal with long range threats and multiple people can attack at once including off screen which can be a mess depending on the combination

normal guys
shield guys
fat guys
taser baton guys
taser WHIP guys (exactly like baton guys but you cant web them)
late game jetpack guys WOW! (air combos are your best tool overall so having enemies that require you air combo them be endgame enemies is idiotic)
handgun/machine gun guys
rocket launcher guys

and some guys can throw fire or stun grenades but they arent a enemy type i have no idea who does that to prioritize them and the sound made to indicate its coming is exactly the same as the incoming rocket except you need to buy the skill to throw back rockets so youll probably instinctively go to throw back a grenade and take a rocket to the face and thats dogshit

Whip guys should always be whip gals and theyre dressed as dominatrixes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

I just want more open world games like sid meier's pirates or mount and blade, really systems heavy games without much story but a lot of choices and options on how to play.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sylvando is an exception

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

agreed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

come to think of it i dont think theres any female enemies and also every single enemy in the game including small time crooks are wearing a mask so they dont have to animate lipsyncing during battle

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sylvando is an exception

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

come to think of it i dont think theres any female enemies and also every single enemy in the game including small time crooks are wearing a mask so they dont have to animate lipsyncing during battle

Thank u sony

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
much like fan favorite: Borderlands

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

at least there's no batmobile

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Xbox Ambassador posted:

And people think I’m insane
broke: Spending 79 cents on a funny gaming avatar as a joke

woke: Spending $1,389 on a professional steering wheel controller that only works with Forza games as a joke

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HYPE!!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

broke: Spending 79 cents on a funny gaming avatar as a joke

woke: Spending $1,389 on a professional steering wheel controller that only works with Forza games as a joke

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is only one of approximately 10,000 dabbing or reggae related avatars on the PSN store.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

This is only one of approximately 10,000 dabbing or reggae related avatars on the PSN store.

It's the only one that's 50% off right now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's the only one that's 50% off right now

you get what you pay for

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Arigatō

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/playstationuk/status/1044610032694947840?s=21

Thank you Sony

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Christ

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShakingSucculentPresidentDancingBaby

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.destructoid.com/david-jaffe-s-drawn-to-death-will-be-shutting-down-in-six-months-524383.phtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NO!