Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lol I never had a ps1 so this is the first of these false scarcity consumer manipulation nostalgia things I'm kind of interested in. I still won't get one because of brain damaged squatters but it's still nice to imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can't wait to Hack this bad boy so I can use the worst controller of all time with all my lost classics, the analogless ps1 controller.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The unibomber Ted Kaczynski ground his fingerprints off by playing Cool Boarders for 10000 hours.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Years ago I spent 50 cents on a Sima Yi avatar and it was worth every penny

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I still don't have a clue what PS Now is other than something I'll never pay for

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Paying for online features is greedy enough who the hell pays for this extra crap

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ohh I understand now, it's a news story cos you can download the games now to cut out the input lag, on your premium streaming service. Why tf wouldn't you just buy the games at this point

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I guess I just don't understand the purpose of it on a fundamental level. Unless they're adding old games that you can't already buy what the heck is the point

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If they added like hundreds of PS2 games I'd consider it but they kinda just stopped doing those upscaled rereleases. I would've bought drat near every one of those games for 15 bucks, hell I almost did that already. Still have Dark Cloud 2 installed from 2016

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Earlier that year I was looking for a cheap copy of Rogue Galaxy, which at the time was selling for like 80 bucks. I got my PS4 and like a week later they released it for 15 bucks and I was so excited for the future. :reject:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s extremely retarded in this regard, and honestly in others, and it’s not a very good game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I WILL be absolved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de3WWGCK4N0&t=30s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

broke: Spending 79 cents on a funny gaming avatar as a joke

woke: Spending $1,389 on a professional steering wheel controller that only works with Forza games as a joke

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Drawn to Death is one of the worst games ever made, it's insane how every possible detail is completely and utterly poo poo. Everything about it is embarrassing. David Jaffe should hang himself.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiD_SArZ3yo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pick up at calzone that retains hp, poo poo wolf which downs it!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Yakuza Kiwami is in November’s PS+ lineup. Thank you Sony thank you Sega

Is this real?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah, they accidentally put up the banner on the store for November’s PS+, it’s Kiwami and Bulletstorm

Sah-weet. Never played a Yakuza game so I'll be checking it out for sure

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

This is literally the same thing they did as the vitas final hail mary, releasing Borderlands 2 on it

edit: beaten

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

VR will never work outside of like google maps or a museum exhibit or something. It will never be a gaming thing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm fine with my username cos I didn't name it like LocoBatistaZonday69 or whatever like apparently everyone else did

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PalinBoyTellEm: Where's the loving namechanges Sony.

RatatouilleUnd3rtaker: For real.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Mine is very Weird Twitter but I live with my mistakes.

A_YELLIN_BUG

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

camo shorts tanktop guy pissed that he can't reset his password due to his vocational school shutting down

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sony’s head of global sales and marketing, Jim Ryan, told Time that he doesn’t see why anyone would play old games given the advancements in fidelity achieved today.

“I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?”

Cool GBS thread you're cultivating here

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lol that you're retarded now for some reason

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's time to ignore DQXI, the best game in the past 15 years, because I'm desperate for friends.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

swimsuit posted:

im finally getting a ps4, op

other than rdr2 what else should i get??

im thinkin bloodborne, mon hun, horizon, gow, uncharted, maybe dqxi but i havent played a jrpg since ff9

Bloodborne should be the top of your list. DQXI I think you would enjoy even if you've been away from the genre for a while, do not play Uncharted, haven't played the rest of the games you listed but people seem to really love them so they're probably fine. Witcher 3/Persona 5 are other good pick ups but I don't think you want multiple 100+ hour games right off the bat.. or do you?? O_O

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's a great time of year for Bloodborne, enjoy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

swimsuit posted:

should i bother reading the bloodborne games thread or just play

don't read Games period, just play the drat game. FFS

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That reminds me, I should play Vagrant Story some time

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nude raider

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

And the games that are on there are plagued with emulation issues. It's an awesome service

Really? I played like 3 of them (about 60% of them) and had no problems

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OnRush is free on ps+ this month, it's pretty fun. You know how in Super Meat Boy all your deaths are played simultaneously at the end of a level? It's like that meets Burnout

Soma is free as well but I can't play scary games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Iconoclasts still listed as regular price for me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arigato go soy my assu.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TLOU2 fortnite mode is gonna be lit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

100 lesbians drop out of a drone piloted by a masked blops guy in a desert bunker with a hologram president watching his every move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I still have to play Nier and Lightning Returns before they blow out those servers asses.