Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

You can still buy an actual PS1 for next to nothing

A lot of the games are expensive as hell though. I saw a used copy of mgs and it was around 50 dollars cdn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I�ll turn my PS4 on for the first time in 9 months to play Tetris Effect in VR. Then I�ll play for 2 days and it will go back in the closet.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thumper in VR is one of the best games I've ever played. Rez is also really good, and some puzzle stuff like Tumble and Gnog. VR is great for creating the illusion of interacting with a physical space. If more companies realized that you could have some really great games. I'd love to see more sims and strategy games, more puzzles, etc.

I think it has a lot of potential but right now it's mostly FPS ports and shovelware.

This kinda stuff and flight sims are perfect for VR but turns out that no one really gives a poo poo about those games to the extent they are willing to fork out a few hundred dollars for the VR aspect.

Tetris effect looks like it would be super cool in VR

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Wipeout would be cool in VR, have they done that yet

Yes

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Sony’s head of global sales and marketing, Jim Ryan, told Time that he doesn’t see why anyone would play old games given the advancements in fidelity achieved today.

“I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?”

Wonder how he feels about the PlayStation classic.

Speaking of, when are they going to announce the games for this system coming out in a month?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Based tom cook , parbeet shamlapus or whatever microsofts CEO is called, the theranos sociopath lady, and elon musk dab while kaz hirai does the floss. Sad!

Lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I feel the whole package is a bait and switch. Who wants to play the console port of the original rainbow six? It’s aged so poorly and is only related to the modern series by name alone.

The jp list looks better but still misses some easy wins

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I found my ps1 at my parents but lost one of my parasite eve discs and am v sad about it.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

They're also avaible in 4K on the Xbox One X, the world's most powerful console.

I’m so pissed I bought xiii used for the ps3 a short time before it came out remastered on the one x.

Now I live in a place with satellite internet only so the idea of downloading xiii in 4K is horrifying.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The ps classic is on sale for 50 dollars cdn, so about 5 US dollars. How easy is it to get it full of actual good games?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Finally the PS4 has games.

Lmao

They can barely give away the ps classic. How did they gently caress up a slam dunk so badly.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'll learn to work the saxophone
I, I'll play just what I feel
Drink Scotch whisky all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
I, I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon St. John.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

did they ever release any of the ace combat games for newer consoles?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HAVE:
Healthy immune system

WANT:
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
$50

Lmao

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Also from the wording you can only get your prior purchases if they get released on this service so if you have something from a dev that likes making their own collections like Konami or Square-Enix I guess you're just SOL?

All I want to do now is just buy the games. Just let me pay the money for the game I would like and download it to my console and the transaction is done.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I bought a one x entirely for BC. It’s a shame they are ending the program but I’d imagine the number of people holding on to 20 year old games is probably fading.

Panzer dragoon orta upscaled with a smooth frame rate is a delight. Feels like it hasn’t aged a day.

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 24, 2022

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m late for this a bit but the PS3 is def worth it as a metal gear console. You can play the entire series on it though V is probably a little rough.

I had a lot of ps1 jrpgs on it too but I think Sony hosed that all up now.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Fungah! posted:

zankoku na tenshi no wormskull~

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

So you can’t play the ps4 version on the ps5 even though it’s backwards compatible?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the ps4 era stuff seems so frail and over engineered.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the price of the ps5 is going up everywhere but the US.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’d return it and get 20 percent off a future game given the likelihood that the next game Sony releases is TLoU again.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

insane anime posted:

have another drink, ray!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

checking to make sure I turned the burners on the stove off and cancelled my psplus sub before I head to the beach for the day.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

just what the console with no games needs: a tv show

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Discovering a New World that has no claims

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I want to be excited about the snake eater remake and hope it turns out well, but I am very hesitant about Konami not loving this up.