Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You're thinking about how much you want to **** 2B, aren't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[carefully enunciating] Star. Star. Star. Stuhhharrrrrruhhhhh.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zas posted:

they're doing their own collection thing with sotn and rondo and maybe some other stuff
They should release it as a game, though, not just as pachinko.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The PSVR had some good stuff, but companies need to realize that walking sims and FPS games aren't the most interesting things you can do with VR.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

VR will never work outside of like google maps or a museum exhibit or something. It will never be a gaming thing.
Thumper in VR is one of the best games I've ever played. Rez is also really good, and some puzzle stuff like Tumble and Gnog. VR is great for creating the illusion of interacting with a physical space. If more companies realized that you could have some really great games. I'd love to see more sims and strategy games, more puzzles, etc.

I think it has a lot of potential but right now it's mostly FPS ports and shovelware.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Tetris Effect VR will be a new level of gaming nirvana
I'm glad I sold my PSVR or else I would die

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

their big line from the outset was "we aren't going to make the mistake of bolting VR onto regular games as if that's what people want" but all the bet PSVR games are regular games with VR bolted on
I don't have a problem with this at all, honestly. As long as the games are good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swimsuit posted:

im finally getting a ps4, op

other than rdr2 what else should i get??

im thinkin bloodborne, mon hun, horizon, gow, uncharted, maybe dqxi but i havent played a jrpg since ff9
Bloodborne yes, Monster Hunter yes, Horizon no, GoW probably yes I haven't played it, Uncharted no, DQ11 is an immediate must-buy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Games forum is about learned helplessness in video games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually think it's like a FOMO insecurity. So much of goon culture is about figuring out how to get Optimal Enjoyment out every single food, product, and activity, so trying a new game without knowing that is anxiety-provoking. Basically they need someone to say "got the Hunter Axe? Great. Now throw that poo poo away!" before they start playing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I always enjoy Mr. Driller games.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Do you think RE1 is going to be the version that says DUALSHOCK EDITION on the title screen.
Doesn't the PS Classic not come with the Dual Shock? I think it just comes with an original controller.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I watched this Battle Arena Toshinden straight-to-vhs anime film a ton as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ibfcBedW4

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sony are just focusing all their efforts on upscaled backwards compatibility.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's easy to remember:

PS1: Parappa the Rapper, Parappa the Rapper 2

PS Vita: Parapa the Raper

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's impossible to sit on Sony furniture

because they refuse to make it backside compatible.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

an actual dog posted:

who's PS2 collection is this

Goodwill's.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the lesbian teenagers in the tlou2 br mode discuss their favorite sleater kinny album before garoting each other, driving railroad stakes thru each others threads, lobbing off each others limbs etc set to a child whisper singing alanis morisette's Ironic. the winner gets tto see a cutscene of a bearded 35-40 yo man in a fugazi tshirt who says you're my favorite adopted daughter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

they called the third xbox the xbox is very large big xbox huge xbox xbox dot com enormous xbox funny 9gag family guy memes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

They do. In an hour. I can't possibly imagine what they'll talk about.
A new series of PS Classics that has all your favorite games: 29 different versions of Battletanx: Global Assault, and Digimon World.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Everybody's Golf VR is hype as hell though.
Yeah that owns

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I respect 7 for having such a loyal following but it's one of those things that I don't think could ever live up to the hype for me in the year of tyool.
I've never finished it, but every time I go back to it I'm impressed by its art direction and creativity. Easiest game in the series, and I'm including the 12 remake.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol yeah. The graphics are total poo poo. They would’ve been better off sticking to spritework. Like it hasnt even aged well in a nostalgic way
I love the pre-rendered backgrounds of the PS1 FFs, but the models are def a mess.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

:confused: Mr. Miyamoto is in good health

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

gently caress yeah, a device that can finally play all these old MiniDiscs I have lying around. Thank you, Sony.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

they're delaying tlou2 to add a br mode lol
Dude... imagine if they did this with RDR2... :eyepop:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

playing the liquid fight with the exact same controls in glorious hd
I think MGS4 already did this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Actually the magic is because it’s an amazing game with unparalleled storytelling directed by the genius Hideo Kojima 小島 秀夫 Topic Locked.
It's this. Who cares about technology? Good games are good games. That said, I have zero confidence in an MGS remake of any kind.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

Kojima fell off a while ago but I also think it's funny and cool how he basically took 100 million dollars from Sony and used it to make Mads sing happy birthday into the motion capture machine.
Like some Taj Mahal-level spending money on your crush.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

maybe japan studio should have had the cats in hardhats from tokyo jungle have graphic sex with fat princess and then garrote her, if they wanted to be taken seriously as a sony first party game dev
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

lmao at everything

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I bought a modded PS3 to play my PS2 games and it's great. All I had to do was sign this weird contract and agree to send Uncle at Nintendo a photo of it once a year.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I know horizon isn’t as bad as imps think despite being an Ubisoft game or whatever. Because when all the lovely crafting and stealth elements showed up in Elden ring they were mysteriously good now despite being as boring and lovely as every other game that does them
HZD isn't bad because there's crafting and stealth, or because there's Farcry-style outposts, it's bad because it does them badly. The crafting is an afterthought, the stealth becomes irrelevant a couple hours in when the robot dinosaurs become damage sponges, and the outposts are boring because fighting humans is even less interesting than robot dinosaurs.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

You said raving I just said they said it was good with ZH, Bob, and pog all do in those tweets

now I have important matters to attend to

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

John Romero posted:

im poor in time but wealthy monetarily
This is the fail way to live

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Twilight Zone guy except he has the most expensive glasses in the world but no time to read

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

John Romero posted:

listen. I paid $20 and now, on my ps5 and external hard drive:

Returnal
Demon’s souls
Ghost of Tsushima
Saints row 3
Guardians of galaxy
Final fantasy x
Final fantasy x 2
Final fantasy ix