Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That's not bad but you could probably get a Vita TV (or whatever it's called) and all the PSX games you wanted to play for under $100. Aside from the cool form factor and poo poo though I'd rather them just sell all the playstation classic games on PS4

edit: also no analogue controllers wtf

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

*AC Adaptor Sold Separately

It's powered via USB and comes with a cable so that's not like nintendo new 3ds level bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

No ape escape lol

Yeah 👎

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thank You Sony

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

Sony stays winning!!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If they added like hundreds of PS2 games I'd consider it but they kinda just stopped doing those upscaled rereleases. I would've bought drat near every one of those games for 15 bucks, hell I almost did that already. Still have Dark Cloud 2 installed from 2016

Same here, I don't understand why they dropped off-- I'm hoping the PSNow changes mean they're gonna expand the offerings , I can't imagine it's that resource intensive to pump out more of those games. Nocturne please

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's a good point, I forgot I can play Uncharted: Lost Legacy instead of SMT: Nocturne. Thank you Sony

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't think I'll finish it anytime soon, all the good poo poo seems really frontloaded and while the combat is ok it needs to either be deeper and more precise to stand on its own, or have more progression (both with you learning new abilities and with new enemy varieties being introduced) to stay compelling and I'm like 2/3rds of the way through the story and that's basically stopped happening. The Arkham games did a better job of spreading that stuff out through the entire game, but I still have a bunch of story stuff to do and I've unlocked basically every interesting move and upgrade and the games complexity seems like it plateaus somewhere around the halfway mark

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I really soured on it as it went on which is a bummer because it starts strong, it just doesn't go anywhere

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jesus christ . Those Smash Bros roster predictions had better all check out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

it seems like most western open world games where there's a huge world that looks impressive but is mostly dead and the core systems are all either mediocre or awful

The onus is more on the combat than anything else, moving around is way more fun than driving a car or flying a plane in GTA could ever be -- but 100% of missions involve combat in some way and once you're like 8 hours in or so you're basically expected to thoughtlessly repeat the same combat patterns for the next 20 hours of game. It does a very poor job at both ramping up your own abilities and ramping up the threat of your enemies and it gets really stagnant.

I have nothing bad to say about traversal though, moving around as quickly as possible is engaging and skill intensive and they pulled that part of the game off really well -- I was never even tempted to use the fast travel features because getting from place to place is by far the best part of the game

edit: like i did all the side missions and literally the best one by far involves chasing normal-rear end pigeons around the city because you don't have to fight anything and it's just about planning routes on the fly and utilizing all your movement capabilities to catch some regular old pigeons

goferchan fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 24, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah 0 is better in about every way but Kiwami is still solid. Kind of weird plot-wise playing them reversed though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Seems that PSNow will actually allow you download games like Xbox Gamepass. About time Sony but thank you

It's just PS4 games (of which the good ones are old cheap games you probably already own) and the small handful of PS2-on-PS4 games that were already available for purchase; the PS3 library, which has all the good poo poo, is still locked behind streaming.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thought you were BBG and almost had a heart attack

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PalinBoyTellEm: Where's the loving namechanges Sony.

RatatouilleUnd3rtaker: For real.

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I just got the Wipeout collection because it's $10 and I never played these games and this kicks rear end. I think it would give me a heart attack in VR

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Zone Mode is such a good idea for a racing game, I can't believe other games haven't cribbed it (basically you do solo laps over and over again on the same track but as you keep going around it the speed class gets higher and higher, and you have an "energy meter" that drains when you hit walls or just take too long on a lap and you lose if it hits zero, and you just try and survive as long as you can while the speed climbs to ridiculous levels)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

the message said "celibate and happy"

:hai:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't like Horizon or Uncharted very much but God of War is pretty solid. Definitely DQXI, that's a great comfy way to ease back into JRPGS

edit: bloodborne is a no brainer especially since it's like $20 with the DLC

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah persona 5 is cool as hell despite its flaws but i think DQXI is a great get for someone who hasn't played a JRPG since PSX era

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami will be free with a PS+ subscription in November so definitely play that, but honestly if you think there's any chance you might enjoy it then I would urge you to spend $20 and play Yakuza 0 first just for story's sake

edit: ^^^ agreed on the AAA western blockbuster tier list

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man the online functions in that game look so cool :sigh:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Len posted:

Do you have a link for that? I can only find a "news article" saying it was but they don't link to anything

No but I remember reading the tweet from sega where they confirmed it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

the treasure hunts were good fun. but theyre essentially the same thing as luigis balloon mode in odyssey so you can just play that if you want the experience

I can't unlock decoration for Kats house by playing Luigi Balloon Hunt though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stuck on Ludwig in bloodborne and Friede in DS3 :mad: beaten the former before (did everything in the DLC but Orphan) but I can't do it now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

R. Dieovich posted:

i had a harder time with ludwig than i did orphan of kos. him and the fume knight gave me the biggest "souls shakes" over the whole series.

Ludwig took me a million times my first try but for some reason the first time I made it to his second form I beat it on my first attempt. He's totally stumping me this playthrough though..:.. don't remember what weapon I was using the first time but I have +10 burial blades right now and i'm definitely high enough level, there's no excuse

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

swimsuit posted:

should i bother reading the bloodborne games thread or just play

Why the hell would you do that lol. If you're paranoid about it, there IS stuff you can miss, but a lot of it is at the expense of not seeing other exclusive content, so don't stress about seeing everything on your first play through because it's impossible anyways. Just do what feels right and maybe use a guide during your second run if you feel like being a completionist; the game is designed for multiple play throughs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah and even the "bad endings" for a lot of them are cool and often give you unique rewards so I'd just say go with your gut and let what happens happen

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

*Imp mind internally doing battle with Games mind* Haha. Wait, so the Hunter axe is bad then, or...?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That reminds me, I should play Vagrant Story some time

Definitely

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

no crash
no spyro
no midievil
no gran turismo
no wipeout
no tony hawk
no tomba
no ff tactics or vagrant story or legend of mana or brave fencer musashi
no silent hill
no parappa
no tomb raider
no ape escape
no sotn
no twisted metal 2
no jet moto
no kings field or armored core

who is this for

No analog sticks = no ape escape. Tomba would have been great though and any of the Square games you mentioned (or just Parasite Eve for the US version) would have been an improvement. Also yeah Twisted Metal sucks rear end compared to Twisted Metal 2

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

for two straight years they've showed nothing but GOW/Spider-Man/Last of Us2 and I don't think they're actually making anything else , the zombie biker game is out in like 2 months and nobody gives a poo poo. I guess there's ghosts of Tsushima too, which is probably going to be their last ps4 game ever

Death Stranding too but . this ^^^^

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Iconoclasts is free as well, just listed under Vita games even though it's cross play on PS4. It's pretty good, cool boss fights and great writing and music. I'm excited to try Onrush and glad I didn't spend $40 on it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Iconoclasts still listed as regular price for me

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1274-PCSE01177_00-ICONOCLASTS00000

For some reason only the Vita version is showing up as Free. If you log in and claim it in the browser store you should be able to go to the Library section on your PS4 and download it for free

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Onrush is pretty creative. I like the idea of a team-based driving game that's not really a racing game and not really a vehicle combat game either

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Best startup sound is the limited edition Xbox One that plays the Taco Bell Dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol?