Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Citrus Sky
Sep 30, 2012
Thanks to this thread, I made my first homemade nog last weekend! I used the Bitten Word recipe and a bottle of brown sugar bourbon that was too sweet for drinking on the rocks. Then I reduced the sugar by half so the nog won't be too sweet.

Haven't tried it yet, but my friends are having brunch the weekend after Christmas. I'll probably try it a day or two before to make sure if anyone dies of salmonella, it'll only be me. I couldn't find any reasonably priced large glass jars, so I cleaned out a plastic milk jug and its aging in that.

Do I need to shake it periodically to keep it from separating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU