Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pudding or Pistachio?
Mr. pudding
Lord Pistacho
View Results

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

VARIANT RULES

RULE 1 - :siren: UPDATED :siren: Positions G, G, SG, SF, PF, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
The rosters and benches are extremely deep, so there will not be a lot of great talent on the wire - considering that, I've geared the starting positions to eliminate positional scarcity as much as possible. I based my math on historical Yahoo rankings and this year's Yahoo positions. Scarcity at shooting guard/center and over-abundance at power forward are my findings, and I'm mitigating them by installing three Guard spots with no SG required and an extra PF spot instead of the traditional extra C spot.

RULE 2 - Continuous Rolling Waiver System (Updates Mon, Fri Morning)
I like this system in NFL Fantasy and it works just as well in NBA. I was reluctant at first to sacrifice the 'art of the lightning fast injury pickup' but this hopefully makes it so members don't have to spend so much free time thinking about fantasy and reading alerts. It also discourages streaming. If you're anything like me you will let fantasy games win over your social life occasionally and so I want to remove the temptation as much as possible. The waiver claims will go into effect twice a week, once on Mondays at the start of the week and once on Fridays, permitting players to make adjustments heading into weekend games if they deem it necessary.

RULE 3 - Trade Take-Backs 2-Day Evaluation Period
The purpose of this rule is to encourage trade speculation but support fair trades. I will never unilaterally veto a trade unless I am somehow able to determine that its purpose is to disrupt the balance of the game on purpose. If both managers want to do the trade, they can do it. Even if it makes people mad. However, I need to provide some outlet for the persons who get mad about trades, because in many cases their complaints have merit. So here's the deal: If you can convince either side of a trade that they are making a bad trade, and they wish to cancel it, they can. I leave veto or 'take-back' power in the hands of the individuals making the trade. Another consequence of this rule is its implications towards player injuries that happen during the trade review period. If the injury happens after the trade has been accepted and the review period has already started, you're stuck with it - both sides lose their veto right. If the injury happened before the trade was accepted, both sides have the right to veto. I am aware that this logic is somewhat circuitous but I've thought it through and to me it's the best way to prevent common abuses.

POST IN THE THREAD TO CLAIM YOUR SPOT, :coolfish: will be placed next to re-regs. Returning players must claim their spot by Oct 1 2018.

ALL-TIME STANDINGS

1. "Triay" (JrueistheWrmestColor) :coolfish:
3-TIME AND DEFENDING CHAMPION (Year 1, 3, 5)
(484-389-9) (.554)

2. H-Tail (Cruisin for a Boozin)
1-TIME CHAMPION (Year 4) :coolfish:
(493-382-7) (.563)

3. Frustrated (Manure Ginobili)
1-TIME CHAMPION (Year 2) :coolfish:
(487-381-14) (.561)

4. Evil_Penguin_v2 (DickVitalesRightEye) :coolfish:
(309-210-3) (.595)

5. "Troy" (McDonald's) :coolfish:
(471-401-10) (.540)

6. spacejung (RUBI-OH StoryofRicky) :coolfish:
(459-415-8) (.525)

7. "Trevor" (HOGAN MUST POSE) :coolfish:
(358-332-12) (.519)

8. YamataNaOrochi (Klay-Doh) :coolfish:
(341-363-7) (.484)

9. MagicCube (DeMars Rover) :coolfish:
(391-465-6) (.457)

10. HOTLANTA MAN (HOTLANTA MEN) :coolfish:
(97-127-1) (.433)

11. jabro (Easy Blake Oven) :coolfish:
(375-496-11) (.431)

-. "Brandon"
0-0-0 (.000)

FONDLY REMEMBERED

1. Cloud the Cat (Merbein Cobras)
(75-96-0) (.439)

2. Ishin (BGI's Ballers)
(382-492-7) (.437)

3. Brogeoisie (White Space)
(151-204-5) (.426)

4. Metapod (RussellMania)
(276-373-8) (.425)

5. Mr.AARP (KyrieOnMyWaywardSon)
(67-110-3) (.381)

typical link to the league that is always here normally
:siren: https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/21119/ :siren:

Draft Time: Oct 12, 13, or 14 (I will send out a link to a quiz thing for availability)

spacejung fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe i wont suck dick this year!

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

So happy we're back. Ready to come in 2nd again.

I love this league because my draft strategy is always draft dudes I like and it tends to work out.

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
I WILL ANSWER THE CALL

E: Incidentally, have you reviewed the 'positional scarcity' since our inception? I wonder if or how the demographics have changed since year 1. Like maybe swap a PF for an F?

H-Tail fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Sep 20, 2018

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Back!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

H-Tail posted:

I WILL ANSWER THE CALL

E: Incidentally, have you reviewed the 'positional scarcity' since our inception? I wonder if or how the demographics have changed since year 1. Like maybe swap a PF for an F?

You may be right i will analyse this weekend

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I'm in for another year of misery.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
So there are a ton of SGs now, and quite a lot of SF as well so I'm looking into changing the positions as follows:

Formerly:

G, G, G, SF, PF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

New Proposal:

G, G, SG, SF, PF, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

I'll send this out with a time slot survey and see what people think.

Some other options:

Brutal Mode:
SF, SF, SF, SG, SG, PF, PF, PG, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

Easy Street:
G, G, G, F, F, F, F, C, Util, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
Back to defend my regular season dominance. I'm fine with changing a pf to an f also.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Back to defend my regular season dominance. I'm fine with changing a pf to an f also.

Maybe 1 of us can make noise this year..

Last call for Ishin

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
No clue why I never check PM's. Sorry guys :(

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Ishin posted:

No clue why I never check PM's. Sorry guys :(

Ahhhh that sucks man! I already sent the invitation out. You're welcome back to my next opening but I am gonna roll with this 12. Would you be interested in coming back next year or in the less likely event of a midseason replacement?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Yeah I understand, it's my fault. I'm open for next year or mid season it's all good 😁

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I want in on this

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Is the Sunday draft time set now? I only ask because it'll be Monday 2:30am for me and it's definitely doable, but not ideal

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

H-Tail posted:

Is the Sunday draft time set now? I only ask because it'll be Monday 2:30am for me and it's definitely doable, but not ideal

That'st the best I could come up with given the survey, new person tipped it over. I wish it weren't so inconvenient for you, I still am missing a bunch of responses but it feels too late to change it now

H-Tail
Dec 18, 2005

"I'm not a crybaby"
Nah it’s ok, I’ll still be there

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Ill be there, its Sunday at what time?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
18:30 Pacific and 21:30 eastern, sorry for the slow replies guys it became an intl travel week for me on short notice.

Movie majick you are next in line behind ishin and I will contact you guys if anyone bows out

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

spacejung posted:

18:30 Pacific and 21:30 eastern, sorry for the slow replies guys it became an intl travel week for me on short notice.

Movie majick you are next in line behind ishin and I will contact you guys if anyone bows out

Okay cool

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I feel like I am always at the back end of these dumb drafts. Never get the stud players at the front of the draft.

Edit: If anyone in the 1-3 range wants to swap for the 12 spot hit me up in the next 20 min!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Frustrated posted:

I feel like I am always at the back end of these dumb drafts. Never get the stud players at the front of the draft.

Edit: If anyone in the 1-3 range wants to swap for the 12 spot hit me up in the next 20 min!

I'll swap you a number 0 draft spot

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I know most people don't take a lot of stock in last round flyers, but if we're gonna do snake we should stick to an even number of rounds. Going last in the first round and last again in the last round isn't cool.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Frustrated posted:

I know most people don't take a lot of stock in last round flyers, but if we're gonna do snake we should stick to an even number of rounds. Going last in the first round and last again in the last round isn't cool.

I asked Bryn Forbes and he prefers odd number of rounds.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

jabro posted:

I asked Bryn Forbes and he prefers odd number of rounds.

Bryn Forbes isn't gonna get your team out of the basement, but would have been a nice addition the first few weeks to my playoff team.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Frustrated posted:

Bryn Forbes isn't gonna get your team out of the basement, but would have been a nice addition the first few weeks to my playoff team.

I asked Bryn Forbes and he does not agree with your assessment.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Damnit i completely forgot the draft but it looks like autodraft gave me a passable roster

Here's to another season gents

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I rescind my earlier bitching now that I realize I have the number #1 waiver slot for drafting 12th.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

I rescind my earlier bitching now that I realize I have the number #1 waiver slot for drafting 12th.

Sure but now you gotta decide how long to keep it.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Thanks for passing on Jokic most of you!

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

gently caress the Cavs. I have no idea what to do with Kevin Love now that they're obviously tanking and don't plan on using him any time soon.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Frustrated posted:

gently caress the Cavs. I have no idea what to do with Kevin Love now that they're obviously tanking and don't plan on using him any time soon.

Options sent. Accept one then use it to field offers from hoi polloi. An option always present but rarely used in our fair league

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
wow someone finally caused a

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

players slightly out of frame

Cedi Rose HasItsThon (spacejung) offers Pascal Siakam (PF, TOR, Yahoo! Rank 38, Round 12/Pick 140)

to Kawhi Me A River (MagicCube) in exchange for Jaren Jackson, Jr. (PF, MEM, Yahoo! Rank 123, Round 9/Pick 98)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 17:25 PST on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Wednesday, November 14)

E: spelled my team name wrong again here

spacejung fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 28, 2018

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Brook Lopez and Gallinari are available....

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
The 2017 draft class wasn't kind to me in the least. Cut Josh Jackson a couple weeks back and forgot to cut the phantom of the shoulder Friday so he will be gone tomorrow. I hope the fact that I held on to fantasy trash that long is lost on you and the only thing you do take away from this is a new nickname for Fultz!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

The 2017 draft class wasn't kind to me in the least. Cut Josh Jackson a couple weeks back and forgot to cut the phantom of the shoulder Friday so he will be gone tomorrow. I hope the fact that I held on to fantasy trash that long is lost on you and the only thing you do take away from this is a new nickname for Fultz!

This is the league where we drop Sealy "Sleep Right" Montrezl Harrell all the time so you shouldn't feel bad for holding players a bit. By the way here's a mid matchup

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

players slightly out of frame

McDonald's offers Thaddeus Young (SF/PF, IND, Yahoo! Rank 155, Round 9/Pick 99)

to Cedi Rose HasItsThon (spacejung) in exchange for Mikal Bridges (SG/SF, PHO, Yahoo! Rank 128, undrafted)

Both players are healthy at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period will end at 07:24 PST on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 (if trade is not cancelled, traded players will be available in their new lineups on Thursday, November 29)

UPDATE: Cedi Rose HasItsThon withdraws

spacejung fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 28, 2018

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Place holder while I'm on vacation in new orleans but Prince for Satoransky has been accepted, Prince continues to be out w a left ankle but Satoransky is healthy.

Resolution on Wednesday, full post coming tomorrow

e:
OK well this trade :siren: TRADE ALERT :siren: went through

Cedi Rose HasItsThon (spacejung) offers Taurean Prince (SF, ATL, Yahoo! Rank 200, Round 5/Pick 56)

to Cruisin for a Boozin (H-Tail) in exchange for Tomas Satoransky (PG/SG, WAS, Yahoo! Rank 152, undrafted)

Taurean Prince was out with a sprained left ankle at the time of this trade. A new injury to either player will lock the trade. Take-back period ended as of the time of this post. (traded players will be available in their new lineups on Thursday, January 3)

spacejung fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 3, 2019

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Regarding lineups: 1 week warning for HOTLANTA MAN, two misses in a row or three total weeks without setting lineups = opportunity for reserve team owners

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I don't have time to watch basketball or care anymore and i'm bad at it, somebody else take my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I wish it weren't so, but I respect your decision HOTLANTA MAN.

Ishin posted:

Yeah I understand, it's my fault. I'm open for next year or mid season it's all good 😁

Ishin are you still kicking around?