Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 10, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Moulding is my favorite curler / ice maker. I really hope he gets into another team, I want to keep watching him play, and my whole family likes him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ok, having dedicated curling shoes instead of using the step-on slider is a total game-changer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Italy is 3-0 in mixed doubles and also have three hog line violations.

Slung Blade
Jul 10, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Inspector_666 posted:

Ok, having dedicated curling shoes instead of using the step-on slider is a total game-changer.

Yeah they are a huge benefit. Plus dedicated shoes help keep the ice cleaner. I find them way grippier on the pebble also.

VSOKUL girl
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

i will never tire of team fujisawa yelling "naisu!" in unison

also lolowut korea blowing a lead and east end to be down one on a hog line violation to pick up 4 points the end after

VSOKUL girl fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 11, 2022

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I had to knock myself out last night for allergy supression purposes so I'm only just watching the end of the USA v GB Men's match and wow, what a game.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 11, 2022

VSOKUL girl
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

lol at this CBC announcer who can't keep whether he's talking about china or (south) korea straight, going so far as to call the latter "the people's republic of korea"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The shot that Shuster just made to steal one from the Swiss is out of hand.

I mean...

https://twitter.com/suss2hyphens/status/1493426007763791872?s=20&t=WNK-ByI-HeQjw43zxeJ6RA

EDIT: And then they make Italy look like Canada, rough.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Feb 15, 2022

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

I totally forgot the brier was this week, shameful me.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

The crowd was nice and rowdy for the bottcher v moulding game, with moulding getting the support.

The Dunstone Koe game was amazing. Really want to see Dunstone break through.

Also I hadn't realized but apparently only gushue koe and bottcher have even been in the brier final for the last 6 years. With gushue and koe winning the last 2 roar of the rings those guys have been dominant in Canadian curling

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Duck Rodgers posted:

The crowd was nice and rowdy for the bottcher v moulding game, with moulding getting the support.

The Dunstone Koe game was amazing. Really want to see Dunstone break through.

Also I hadn't realized but apparently only gushue koe and bottcher have even been in the brier final for the last 6 years. With gushue and koe winning the last 2 roar of the rings those guys have been dominant in Canadian curling

Well another year with only those three left

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oof bottcher giving up three here, what a miss

Edit: and again

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 13, 2022

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I can't imagine how stressful and exhausting it must be to have to go out there and actually compete against Gushue.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

if Koe wins tonight I think he'll be the first 5-time champion?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Has anyone won a brier with only 3 players? Going through the whole playoffs with only 3 is pretty amazing

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Saw a tweet saying this was the first time. Man that's impressive. I thought Gallant and Walker would've run out of gas by the time they got to the finals.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Jones team split up and Jones is taking over team Zacharias. First big shakeup so far. Wonder if Lawes will start her own team or try to find an experienced skip to join. Chelsea Carey hasn't had a team the last year or two and team Fleury is splitting up.

It seems like pretty much every men's team is splitting up. There will be lots of free agents and new teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

https://twitter.com/suss2hyphens/status/1504858703375306763?s=20&t=AW3Vs67DPfXY7N_Eps3BYg