Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Filled up once in OR got yelled at by the pump guy...thought that had gone away. Apparently only in some places:confused:Filled up in Seattle, so many nice cars lots of Subarus :pervert:in the area forgot what it was like flannel land. Got to check out a rad custom wide body air cooled turbo 911 after the run down the mountain. Was neat how he had it all set up. Chilling for the night at a rest stop. Grabbing breakfast at Skylarks Cafe in Bellingham then off to Canada a bit ahead of schedule. Still not dead but that's not from lack of trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Melthir posted:

Also, anyone have any good audio book recommendations? I have a couple of the dune books and the memory sorrow and thorn trilogy.

Count of Monte Cristo! Plus, it's a good 56 hour read iirc.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Got some wifi at a coffee shop in Prince Rupert. Getting on the ferry. Will post road trip pictures when I get home. Still not dead.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Congrats on not dying!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Waiting for the ferry back

This lake was an awsome stop. It's by 150 mile house.

My camp set up

There is a out 5 more of these little bastards down the hill.

Leaving Georgia

Cool car. Mk1 MR2

Breakfast in Bellingham.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 2, 2018

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:awesome:

also, I see you gave it a little run through its paces on that incredibly long straight section. Can't say I blame you there.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Ah, Ketchikan. I've spent a bunch of time up there. Sketchikan is accurate.
My favorite was shooting pool in the Red Snapper in the pouring rain in October, and being called out. Good times.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Came here to call you out for a road trip thread with no pics! Pleasantly surprised at the update. Thanks! Cool car too.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
The Baits Motel gets me every time (Spence’s bridge) there’s some great driving roads around there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

:awesome:

also, I see you gave it a little run through its paces on that incredibly long straight section. Can't say I blame you there.

Honestly...that was about the average speed a little on the slow side. Not necessarily a good thing. My left leg is messed up so I tried to make the best speed I could when away from towns. Spent a lot of time walking around rest stops trying to get it to relax.

If I can get the FRS sold you guys might get another road trip. Thinking about grabbing a N54 1 or 3 series BMW and getting it up here to give me something a little more comfortable to drive in cause the road trip made me realize that the military has really messed me up physically.

• Locked thread