Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

they're byobuddies, I wish I could make that clearer in the render :smith:

making the cat choke up a pea is a v funny idea but might be hard to pull off. if kuskus wants it I might try my hand but it sounds kinda tricky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

making the cat choke up a pea is a v funny idea but might be hard to pull off. if kuskus wants it I might try my hand but it sounds kinda tricky.

oh drat, sorry

much clearer in close up, i was thinking skulls for halloween

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

Really good work Manifisto!

Twenty Four

Thems some good sigs! I will probably go back to my old fall sig in a while, even if the year is off, just because it is so pretty (and the summer one really is too!). Of course it has to actually feel somewhat like fall here first, but now it's still in the triple digits every day.

bird.

i would like a sig of a servbot lost somewhere, around lots of big things -- if anyone would like to make. lost where? the woods? a warehouse? a theme park? a cave? a hedge maze? i don't know!

Manifisto

is it maybe better with the tray rotated, to make the pyobs more visible?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

is it maybe better with the tray rotated, to make the pyobs more visible?

it is, yes but imho overall it looks better the other way

Manifisto

well it ain't perfect but here is "cat horks up pea" proof of concept

if such a thing is desired . . .

City of Glompton

opioid agonist posted:

Bo Pepps made me a fall sig a couple years ago, but he misspelled opioid dang it

anyways I'd feel selfish asking for a new one but uh hehe, welp

:blush:

i'm trying to make one for you! no promises tho i'm new at this

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

well it ain't perfect but here is "cat horks up pea" proof of concept

if such a thing is desired . . .

Make the pea roll into the other peas so it doesn't just disappear.

City of Glompton

thoughts?

i can change the pumpkin pretty easily if you like a different pumpkin face

i wasn't sure if a background for bulbsaur would be good, or not, but i think i can add one if you want

smart people, how is that you make the gifs loop more smoothly?

edited for smoother gif thanks manifisto!

City of Glompton fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 23, 2018

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

how is that you make the gifs loop more smoothly?

you can do it in a few ways, sometimes it's not easy no matter what you try.

if you have a longish gif, you can try to find a couple of frames reasonably far apart that are similar to each other, so the transition is less noticeable

you can also/separately fade the end of the clip into the beginning, so that there are a few overlapping frames. this can be done in gimp, it's a little involved but if there is interest I can explain.

sometimes you can duplicate the frames and reverse them, so the gif loops backwards and forwards. it really depends on the gif, sometimes that looks good, sometimes it doesn't.

if there are other techniques I'd love to hear them!

Manifisto

here is the falling leaf gif (or a similar one I found) in which the end is dissolved into the beginning over four frames.

Manifisto

what the heck, here is a simplified example that shows the concept.

basically, if you are starting with an 8 frame gif, if you dissolve it over three frames you'll end up with a 5 frame gif. you can choose to dissolve over more or fewer frames, it's an artistic choice. I often go over 4 frames (that way the opacity neatly decreases by 20% in each overlapping frame: 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%).

to get this to work in gimp, you need to be sure to:

(1) unoptimize your source gif before doing anything else, you need each frame to be complete
(2) change the Image Mode to "RGB", the opacity overlay won't work in indexed color mode
(3) when I say "move" the frames, what I mean is that (in this example) you move layer 6 so it's directly above layer 1, set the opacity of layer 6 to 75%, then merge it down; move layer 7 so it's directly above layer 2, set the opacity of layer 7 to 50%, then merge down; etc.

the above is not a step-by-step, you need to be somewhat familiar with GIFs in gimp to do it

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 23, 2018

ty nesamdoom!

City of Glompton

i will bookmark this for future attempts but for now i think i'll snag the one you dissolved

thank you!

City of Glompton

here is one if someone wants it, i styled it off of one vanisher made me last year that i really liked

i can slow it down if desired and add a frame for a name/av

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

here is one if someone wants it, i styled it off of one vanisher made me last year that i really liked

i can slow it down if desired and add a frame for a name/av

:eyepop: that's really great

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

some good sigs in here! keep up the good work!!!

ChubbyChecker

Manifisto posted:

okay here is a version with updated text

thanks! :)

City of Glompton

looking good cc!

Manifisto

so here is a proof-of-concept version of the cat horking up the pea with the tray reversed

I know the two "cat horking" videos aren't right, but I'm not gonna put more effort in without some feedback from kuskus on which concept (if any) they'd like to see developed

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

i would like to have a non-yeared fall sig, please, in the same line of theme as my summer sig (which is incredible and never getting deleted from my sig, sorry y'all). i toss you some cash or otherwise make you cookies or buy you an av cert or something. whatever works for whoever is doing it. :love:

hamjobs I know u like punkins, do u want to be in a punkin

could probably be carved in any shape u like, within reason. e.g. could be an alpaca, or a weed leaf, or a bong, or a byobuddy, etc

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

City of Glompton posted:

thoughts?

i can change the pumpkin pretty easily if you like a different pumpkin face

:stare:

i'm speechless

it's what I always wanted and it's perfect!

also thank you Manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

hamjobs I know u like punkins, do u want to be in a punkin

could probably be carved in any shape u like, within reason. e.g. could be an alpaca, or a weed leaf, or a bong, or a byobuddy, etc

omg, i would love to be in a punkin!!!! it's my favorite fruit (veg? NOBODY KNOWS) of all time!

can you carve me into the ponkin?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

hamjobs posted:

omg, i would love to be in a punkin!!!! it's my favorite fruit (veg? NOBODY KNOWS) of all time!

it's an egg

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

I can give that a whirl! altho weed leaf punkin is not looking too bad

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

Holy balls, it's me!!! Weed pumpkin alpaca! Thank you!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow posted:

it's an egg

You're an egg

Manifisto

here is an alpaca cutout version, let me know which you like better

also what would you like in the bg? out in nature, on somebody's doorstep, etc?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

i'm into this alpaca the most :swoon:

for background--a porch is fine, or nature! whichever is easier, as i appreciate times sat in both. thank you, my good handfren.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
high falutin' concept here for maybe next year: a large alpaca poops out a pumpkin which then cracks to reveal a small baby alpaca which then grows up through a quick gif/montage and does the same thing, etc.

City of Glompton

hamjobs posted:

You're an egg

its me im the egg

City of Glompton

Manifisto posted:

opioid agonist posted:

:stare:

i'm speechless

it's what I always wanted and it's perfect!

also thank you Manifisto

:peanut: i'm glad you like it!

Manifisto posted:

amazing

Manifisto

having a little trouble finding a porch backdrop I like, currently thinking along these lines

thoughts?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

having a little trouble finding a porch backdrop I like, currently thinking along these lines

thoughts?

do it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

thoughts?

:swoon: that's perfect!!!

ilu manifisto

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

:swoon: that's perfect!!!

ilu manifisto

so glad you like it! I'll do a version with your username and "fall byob," probably not tonite but soon

Peg Sliderskew
I would really like one, as and when! I would kind of like it to feature old doll's houses, it can certainly be creepy but doesn't have to be animated.

Thank you :)

Courtesy of Manifisto

Macnult

kuskus posted:

Macnult I have an idea 4 u but feel free to drop any inspo, same with you Dungeon Ecology if you're interested! Will execute 2nite. :sparkles:

I’ve taken up dancing recently which is quite inspirational, but I’m open to any idea you have as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

textified version

• Locked thread