Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey, took the day off to hang with the kid since he's off today. Phone posting while we eat lunch. I should be on for real near deadline.

Quick thoughts. I don't like KRs joke claim/lack of real claim. I don't like the conflict in claims with Asiina. If kit isn't going to shoot him, I think I'd feel best with a vote there.

Outside that, feeling Hal the most after reading CLs case, but will want to look again myself tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If I were scum I’d have shot a lurker and tried stealing last night and not copping Rex but whatevs I’ve played poorly so I sorta get it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

##vote hal

Hal has voted 6 times this game. As a reference point, I, with almost half as many posts as him and having been missing for large parts of the game, have 7 votes (well, 8 now).

They aren't meaningful votes, either. Hal had 2 D1 joke votes, a vote for gaspy that i'll line out below, a vote for merk that I do the same, voting for the claimed serial killer AA, and then voting cube the obvious lynch vote.

His gaspy vote

He hopped on with the "where there is smoke there is fire" shortly after merk voted gaspy and then... well, rode it out, even though people point out the merk 3p thing, which he acknowledges

Instead of re-evaluating his vote in light of something that he admits is odd for merk, he shrugs his shoulder and then sticks that in his pocket to trot out the next day

He knew the merk 3p thing was A Thing and after he was okay to vote gaspy out he then turned around and went "hey guys how about this merk weirdness huh????"

His most recent scum pick is KB, as laid out here

Here are all the times Hal pointed out anything scummy KB before that:

And after that post:

Hal scum.

I have a theory that Hal and Rex may be scum together but I don't want to go too far down that rabbit hole at the moment. Independently I didn't think Rex was scummy before today, but I don't know why we have this difference in reported night action outcomes between him and asiina, and his claim at full claim time is super weird.

Need to reread Rex and actually read asiina.

My retort to this is that I don’t understand what constitutes a meaningful vote, I generally vote less than most people and I don’t see what’s so bad about having evolving opinions after people have flipped and their are less players is just how the game works man

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Can't a man just be a Moggle?

Why you gotta harsh my dreams?

Kupo?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

KhediveRex posted:

Kupo?

You can moogle all you want bro

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ahem.

##vote toallpaz

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Hey, took the day off to hang with the kid since he's off today. Phone posting while we eat lunch. I should be on for real near deadline.

Quick thoughts. I don't like KRs joke claim/lack of real claim. I don't like the conflict in claims with Asiina. If kit isn't going to shoot him, I think I'd feel best with a vote there.

Outside that, feeling Hal the most after reading CLs case, but will want to look again myself tonight.

I don't think I agree with your read on Hal but I agree with your take on KR.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

My retort to this is that I don’t understand what constitutes a meaningful vote, I generally vote less than most people and I don’t see what’s so bad about having evolving opinions after people have flipped and their are less players is just how the game works man

It's not that your opinions evolved, everyone's opinions are going to evolve. It just is hard to see that it is organic from your posting as opposed to something you're having to make up. Like the whole gaspy/merk thing basically went

merk: This is a quick case on gaspy.
Hal: Good case merk.
Others: Merk is ignoring the 3p that's really weird.
Hal: Hey yeah, that is really weird.
Others: So are you gonna change your vote?
Hal: :shrug: already here
*next day*
Hal: Guys remember how merk was weird about the 3p?

And then with KB, you apparently thought he was scum enough to say he was the guy you most wanted to vote yesterday, but the only things you have said about him as possible scum the entire game were "he has been semi-scummy" and followed up that with "I don't like your posting." You seemed to focus mostly on the possible mechanics slip, which wouldn't be semi-scummy posting or part of "I don't like your posting." To be fair to you, I did find one example actually when I looked again just now

Hal Incandenza posted:

But bif died before ever getting to the second job point so I feel like that is nothing but complete speculation based on literally nothing at all!

But of course very shortly after that you said this

Hal Incandenza posted:

At least we are on the same page here good buddy

So I'm not going to give you ton of credit for that first example being you trying to show KB as scum. You made 25 posts last game day and I've covered all of the posts where you tried to show KB as scum. There's nothing before yesterday's game day. It just doesn't look like your opinion actually evolved on him so much as you were just trying to float a name around and see what happened.

Hal, what are you current feelings on KB? You said you would have still targeted him last night if not for the PGO.

You also mentioned yesterday about feeling off about asiina. Where do you stand on her now?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhediveRex posted:

Kupo?

So you're not going to be full claiming, then?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

chaoslord posted:

So you're not going to be full claiming, then?

Would you feel better if I did?

Oh, alright.

When all threats to town have been eliminated, I become an Onion Knight and bring great honor to my family.

Kupo

Also, could you direct me to where in the thread excellent analysis has been done of the roles and night actions of the seven people who have revealed so far?

In the absence of that, maybe you could direct me to where any analysis at all has been attempted on the data you are asking me to participate in divulging?

I'd really appreciate that.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Hal Incandenza (1): chaoslord
Toalpaz (1): CCKeane
Asiina (1): KhediveRex
KhediveRex (1): Asiina

Not Voting (6): flerp, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 34 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhediveRex posted:

Would you feel better if I did?

Oh, alright.

When all threats to town have been eliminated, I become an Onion Knight and bring great honor to my family.

Kupo

Also, could you direct me to where in the thread excellent analysis has been done of the roles and night actions of the seven people who have revealed so far?

In the absence of that, maybe you could direct me to where any analysis at all has been attempted on the data you are asking me to participate in divulging?

I'd really appreciate that.

So no, then.

Cool, that'll make this easy enough. Still gonna try to carve out time before I have to leave to read asiina.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
so uhhhh ur win condition isnt when all threats to town r dead but instead u get a new role

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did not have time to get to asiina, the mrs dragged me grocery shopping and now I have to help setup so moving my vote

##vote krex

Only player who has not full claimed I believe and they continue to refuse to do it and I can’t for the life of me see the town motivation to be the lone hold out here.

See everyone tomorrow

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm back for a little bit. I'm glad there's been a bit more activity, although I wish more people were here. Specifically Kit to know if she's going to use her lurker gun.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Okay, at any rate I don't think it makes sense to use the lurkergun this late with no discussion Kitiara. I'll drop a vote on Rex because imo Rex is scum too lazy to come up with a fake claim. We should be working together to map out our nights, Krex isn't town.

##vote Krex

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, at any rate I don't think it makes sense to use the lurkergun this late with no discussion Kitiara. I'll drop a vote on Rex because imo Rex is scum too lazy to come up with a fake claim. We should be working together to map out our nights, Krex isn't town.

##vote Krex

Life has not cooperated with me once again. I would have requested a replacement already if we weren’t so far in and I feel terrible that I’ve lurked so hard through general life stuff.

I cannot be here for deadline but will vote the leader to help the group.

##vote KRex

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Sorry, I had no idea it was a short day and I had a sleep in.

##shoot Krex

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

chaoslord posted:

##vote krex

Only player who has not full claimed I believe and they continue to refuse to do it and I can’t for the life of me see the town motivation to be the lone hold out here.

See everyone tomorrow

The motivation for claiming Moogle is honestly very trivial. I've been waiting since the beginning of the game to take a hard-stand and insist on being a Moogle. This is really the only opportunity I'm gonna have to do so.

A man must have his priorities. Mine include being strange and making myself laugh

Toalpaz posted:

##vote Krex

I'm actually gonna take the opposite stance here.

Kitiara! Shoot me! Shoot me dead! I need you now more than ever! KILL ME! KILL ME NOW!

There's really no point mislynching the man who can be taken out at any time on a whim. If the game can't move forward before it establishes that I am arguing in good faith, make Kitiara shoot me and take a shot on hitting scum with the Lynch.

When I flip and you all see that I was arguing in good faith, I hope you'll take the notion of Asiina/Toal more seriously.

Asiina misclaiming a toad is tremendously odd. Why it has brought suspicion on me instead of on her is beyond my immediate understanding.

The hard push against cases that featured Asiina and Toal is noteworthy. A case that has "no merit" from a man on his second real game shouldn't have become the game defining scum slip that Asiina has interpreted it as.

The people who felt most strongly that my method isn't a reasonable approach (Hal, Asiina, Toal) did not vote me while my case was fresh and instead have been reminding people of its flaws waiting for someone else to lead the push.

Now that there is a push, no one has come to my defense or attempted to distract the thread away from me. Scum is obviously okay with this lynch.

As far as the absence of a claim, I would remind everyone that if I were scum, scum would have had the opportunity to tell me I was throwing my game away. Frankly, in all respects if you analyze my game, I must be a shockingly unskilled scum with a team that doesn't care about my survival to have played the way I have. Considering scum is winning, I think that should be reasonable grounds to assume I'm not scum.

But, whether any of this gets considered is not as important to me as not having town waste a lynch. Shoot me guys. It's a better use of time and energy.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

*little ghost symbols*

I believe in all of you! Except Asiina. And Toal. Hal too maybe. Alright, I believe in most of you!

Kupo!

*little ghost symbols*

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kitiara posted:

Sorry, I had no idea it was a short day and I had a sleep in.

##shoot Krex

This is a warning not to fake day actions.

Use the correct lurkergun command.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Sorry I left it so late guys. To be honest, I think Aasina is too smart and experienced to be this confused about who is scum and most roles have been revealed with no chance of misdirection, so I kind of agree that we should have looked into that possibility.

However, we left it quite late and now I don’t think there’s enough time to catch up. If Krex is town, does that mean that we’ve lost?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

I mean, I'll take it. It was close enough to what I wanted.

By the way, I guess its "lurkershoot" with hash tags in front and all in bold.

Man. I was dead for a minute. And then I wasn't. It's all very existentially distressing.

Kupo.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

lol!

Uh, I think that Rex is scum and I think we're going to hit scum with the gun. I just thought we should save it for tomorrow and vote Rex out but whatever. However, someone might steal it from you anyways tonight, so in my opinion I'd use it before getting shot with it tomorrow. We could lose if you hit town, I honestly don't know. I don't think no lunch is right. And we could also lose if you get shot by it tomorrow and are town. I think you should use it up.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
My bad.

##lurkershoot krex

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kitiara posted:

My bad.

##lurkershoot krex

Rex is dead, his flip will happen with the end of day vote.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (7): Asiina, flerp, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Asiina

Or KB that would be fine too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I think we are gonna lose but I have probably lost every FF game I was in so why change now

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I don’t think we’ll have time but sure.
##vote Asiina

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CL and maybe flerp are my other scum reads

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Rude.

Also I'm trying to think if the correct play is to no lynch, but there's a lot of variables and I'm getting confused.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Voting me is an especially dumb idea unless you think Rex and I are scum together and just bussed each other the last few days for no reason?

If Rex is scum and I'm town then you're just resetting the advantage we got by shooting him.

If we're both town then that'll likely lose us the game outright.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who do you think we should vote Asiina??

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
IS, flerp, and CL are my best guesses.

Kit jumping on me immediately after following my advice to shoot Rex feels weird as hell and scares me that Rex actually was town, but there's obviously no way they are scum together.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hereish for a second, but going to stay busyish through deadline. Won't have time to read back or anything.

I'm tempted to say the KR kill is probably enough and we should no cuddle.

But willing to be swayed. I'll keep checking the thread as I can till deadline.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I want to see Krex's flip. I think we hit scum, and once we do we can look at possible connections.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote ugggghhhhh my indecision this game is crippling me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Asiina (1): Hal Incandenza, Kitiara, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (6): Asiina, flerp, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Toalpaz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 47 minutes.

• Locked thread