Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I've only ever played vanilla mafia (and most irl), so I have no idea what are archers, knights, black/white mages, etc. I'm also on the other side of the world and have a busy full time job. So I'll miss a lot of the excitement but yolo! I'm in, please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Yami Fenrir posted:

Those are classes from the game Final Fantasy Tactics (hence the name) the flavor of this particular game is based on.

Thanks! That's useful to know. I've also never played Final Fantasy, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Good morning everyone! Very pump to see the game starting.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm a libra, can't you tell?

Libra here too. Happy almost-birthday!

Also, I think hambeet's nonstop posting is suspicious. So.... ##vote hambeet

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Oh hey, you're in Canberra too?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Dancer posted:

Oh, you sweet summer child...

I think I finally caught on. ## unvote

I seem to remember bif and Aasina (hi!), but I can’t remember if it was from the genius game (which should really happen again) or a different Maria game.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

Oh hell yeah! Kit!! What's up? :love:

Kit is now my favourite in this game.

Yay!! Thank you so much for that game. It was seriously amazing.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Gaaaah, I'm too confused. There are too many posts and too many players. And you ALL look suspicious. Is it best to lynch someone today or not?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

Always be lynching.

It's in towns best interest to gather as much info as possible early. Don't worry, more stuff will crop up after night 1 and the game can truly start. I think that D1's are the most awkward thing, but if anyone strikes your interest hit the filter by post button and just read through what they say to try and make things more manageable.

Thanks, this is good advise. I haven't played much mafia (<5), but I have noticed that the times we haven't lynched in day 1 we just didn't gather any information and had nothing to go on next day. So lynching was my first inclination too. I'm a bit paranoid, because both of the times I played Mafia here I got in massive trouble (lynched while town) because of low post count. So I'm trying to post often, but man...

I agree with Aasina that Solus looks a bit iffy, but I'm getting bad vibes from YPM too. Also AA, but I get the feeling that looking scummy is part of his character?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Man, you guys are a bunch of weirdos.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I missed a poo poo load of post, but Collingwood lost in a fantastic way and it had to be celebrated.

All the lurkers or no-spam posters have all kind of blurred into one, so I can’t really get a read on them but from all the recurrent posters I only get a scum vibe from YPM and AA.... with that said, is Hal normally this quiet?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Can you explain why you think Hal is on the good side?

I think he meant in general Hal has been lurky, even when playing as a townie. Not necessarily on this game.

I remember the dancer thing sticking out, but also thought someone called him out on it and he claimed it had been a mistake? Or was that about something/someone else?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Dancer posted:

"I buy it" i.e. the :effort: explanation.

Can you quote the :effort: explanation? Because It doesn’t seem like there was an explanation at all. Let along one to convince you to change your vote. It seems more like you voted as a joke/to make sure you had a vote, and then felt like you had to unvote to not appear suspicious...

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

CCKeane posted:

This is your first game with us, correct?

Sort of. I played two games before years and years ago. Which is why I asked the question.

Also, Dancer: apologies. I missed it because both of your posts came after his explanation. So I thought you had meant something else. Cheers.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why did you ask about me specifically when there are at least 10 people with roughly the same amount of posts as me?

Because I’m pretty sure you were in both the genius and one of the mafia games I played. So unlike all the other lurkers, I actually recognised your name.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Personally I will laugh if merk gets vigged.

That said, merks got a point that *waves arms about* getting so mad that somebody said I was scum *waves arms about again* is pretty scummy.

He also used the whole “I’m armed” in the same post as “what a shame I have so many votes against me” which stroke me as kind of scummy. I’m staying up to marathon Attack on Titan. How much longer until the day is over? I don’t want to miss it again.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Dancer posted:

1 day, 12 hours, on Oct. 1, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EDT

Awesome. Thanks.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I think that we should first go with the people not contributing at all (Sfood and iSober), and then the active players that look scummy. If only because the less content isn’t really helping anyone. However, AA doesn’t really strike me as town. So I’m happy to vote for him, unless enough people can agree that YMP acts scummier.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Dancer posted:

I mean, AA literally said he isn't town :v: .

Wow. I can’t believe I literally missed both posts. I even read the if I were town, I’d I were scum post but just grazed over “but I’m 3P” 😂. I’m clearly bad at this game. He did say that scum might benefit just as much as town by having him around so...

## vote AA

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I don’t think there’s a particular post really, YMP. Just the general feeling that I got from day 1. Probably something small that stuck, too many joke posts not many contributing, other people calling you out as scum, etc.

Additionally, I didn’t like your constant pressure to shoot at random. I get it, there are too many players, but it didn’t strike me that it was in the best interest of town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Well that was unexpected. Great result, Asph.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
You guys I have to go out and voting is in less than 2 hours and none of the options make sense. The Merk did came out of nowhere, I thought there was an okay case against Cubical, but that kind of died down. I feel bad going after someone who literally took out the only scum we've killed, but it's better than not lynching at all and it's the best option we have to get a lynch happening in the next two hours. AA is definitely not an option from the looks of it, so...

##vote Asphyxious

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably cubical, maybe you can do what Kitiara couldn't

Oh snap. I am phone posting and haven’t caught up on the rest of the posts but good burn! I’ll go reread everything and see if I have time to change my vote.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cubical was the second leading candidate and not all that far behind, if you feel strongly about it don't just walk away from it, sell us on it

I don’t feel strong at all about Gaspy. Which is partly why I haven’t made a case (the other part being time). However, I don’t feel that strong about anyone else and there are twice as many votes on him than on cubical. With less than an hour to go. So I’m sticking to my vote.

I don’t see you building a case about anyone either, Mister.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

Hmmm, okay but your item last night was wrong. This does answer the question I was eventually leading up to which is why wouldn't you give your power away to confirm yourself as being super helpful townie 3P.

I still can't decide if you're just lying or if something weirder is going on. The simple answer is you're just making all of this up, but I don't know to what end.

Yeah. This is really weird. I also didn’t like how he got the gun and immediately sent it your way with no reasoning or explanation. It just stroke me as a very un-towny thing to do.

Cube’s comment is also really weird. Can someone confirm if the knight pm message mentions anything about the scum counterpart? I know mine didn’t.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I explained that I immediately assumed she had to be scum because I tracked her killing the 3p recruiter, and she floaetd that there was still probably a cultist so at the time, I thought, a-ha, I'll prove my towniness once and for all, but that plan failed and I see now that it may have even been a bad plan.

Well yes, but you could have easily wrote the above in the same paragraph as “shoot Aasina”. Considering that the gun could have easily blown on your face, just shooting without stating anything wasn’t helpful at all.

I also don’t see the point of claiming to be 3party who needs to sell his stock. If you’re town, I just don’t see the point of lying at all. I guess I’m just in the mentality of “do what’s best for the community regardless of whether I end up dead”. I think you’ve proven not to have that same mentality, so until a better alternative comes up:

## vote AA

Also, Aasina. I wouldn’t mind some clarity about what you were doing in night 2. For reference, I had a gun and gave it to AA last night. I figured he was the person I was most suspicious about, who would probably pull the trigger and I wouldn’t have minded blowing up on his face :P

(Sorry, AA. Nothing personal, btw. I just have you on my scum-radar for some reason)

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara looks like new scum that has to appear engaged and has been advised in chat the best angle to push. Granted, I think sucrose is the best lunch today, just like I thought yesterday.

Naw, if I was scum I would be playing a lot better.

I went back through your posts, and is there a way to get a "post count" total for everyone? It was outrageous. 6 pages worth of post and almost nothing constructive there at all. You're definitely spamming the post count and making it hard for everyone to follow the game, which is especially difficult in a game this size.

You've lied, you've done almost 0 investigating whilst posting nearly twice as much as the second most active player. So I'm sticking with my vote.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Regarding Cube, I have two general questions:

a. I'mgay: can you confirm if you got a gun? (Cube claims he gave you one). If not, can someone confirm that you toad-ed cube?

b. Cube claims that their PM says the scum power of their counterpart; this is either a mod gently caress up or a scum gently caress up. Can someone with more mafia experience tell me what normally happens if I mod screws up in this scenario? The game just keeps going on and the Mod admits it at the end?.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

A gross misrepresentation that a cursory examination of my posts would debunk.

Please.

What is a misrepresentation? That you lied? That's crystal clear. That you mostly spam the thread? Even more so.

IMO, in a game this size, town does not need 3 joke posts to 1 game related post. I'm not going to go backwards and forwards spamming the thread and committing the crime I'm accusing you of just to increase my post count. So I'll just agree to disagree and move on. I'd like more clarification on Cube, because it looks like he slipped up a couple of times and/or got modfucked.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

imgay posted:

Yeah I got another gun whty you want to get shot son

This means that Cube didn't lie about giving you a gun. So it could have been that the Mod screwed him by letting him know the scum version of his role?

Thank you for all of those, Sober. I hadn't made it to imgay and had no idea he had so many posts.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether a. imgay should fire the gun and b. in which direction?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Called out hal for lurking and then press him here about his lack of cases which is really just :eyepop:

You could have easily added that to your post incriminating me. I also explained why I called out Hal for lurking, but meh. Believe what you like.

##vote kitiara
Alternatively, sucrose

This too

Oh poo poo kitiara thought the cubical case was okay too lol really

This three

And it was case that they agreed with. Clord too...

This four

Not even needed.

That's five spam posts in a row. I'm the first one to admit that I'm not the best player, let along in this forums (I think I'm more decent irl). The posts you selected where mostly during D1, where I was trying to join in on the fooling around. If that's case enough to lynch me, go right ahead. However, all those posts from you only served to assure me to vote for you.

PS: I also don't see what's so laughable of questioning where Sucrose's gun went or what normally happens with a mod screw up. I may not be a good player, but you don't have to be condescending towards me because of it.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
There are 14 players currently alive. Most of the flips have been town, and in a game this size I would expect there to be another 3-4 scum out there. Considering how close it was between Merk and AA, in my opinion (for what is worth): a good number of those who voted for Merk are scum.

Personally, I thought that the case on Merk was really rather weak. I examined his posts with 2 hrs before finish (when AA was still in front by 1) and Merk had very few posts and even less ones being constructive. I don’t see how that suddenly turned into a “this person must be lynched”.

It’s easier to say this in hindsight, with town having been lynched, but I feel like the Merk case was rather weak and it is why it made me suspicious of people who voted for him. So I had a look at Krex post and notice how Aasina has lynched all town so far. Which made me a bit suspicious of her. So I used my one shot watcher (I’m an Archer) in Aasina and it said “this person visited these x people”, one of those being Dancer.

Considering that AA saw Aasina costing Jeebus and he turned up dead. Then now I see her visiting Dancer, and he turns up dead. I’m very much thinking of voting her today.

I’d like to hear exactly what Aasina has been doing with her role all this time and what information she can offer town.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

flerp posted:

yeah, dancer targeted asiina (per your result), not the other way around

Yeah okay. I’m really bad at this game. I just re-read my PM and you’re correct, it says that the following people visited Aasina:

Chaoslord
Dancer
Myself

Did I misread AA’s post or did he say he protected Aasina last night?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Your Personal Muse posted:

You have a town cop on me. Why is me being scum a possibility?

Yeah. This is really weird. Can you please clarify, cube?

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Kitiara watched asiina and clord and and dancer visited? Or she watched dancer and clord and asiina visited because she hosed it up at first.

This is such bullshit. You first, like flerp, mess up track and watch and say you saw asiina visit sp and so, and now you have it corrected so that you watched asiina and dancer and clord visited and not myself. Seems real opportune that the only other player constantly loving that up, flerp is ready to pat you on the back.

Scum push.

This is such a weak defense. I expected better from you. Not much better, but better. I made it clear that I watched Aasina. I thought this meant that I could see who she visited, but the thread corrected me and told me that it meant who visited her. And yes that’s correct: both dance and clord visited her as well. Dancer was also a an Archer, so he obviously watched her, but I’m not sure what Clord was doing there. I assume protecting her since she isn’t dead.

You, on the other hand, have done absolutely nothing to address your lie.

Also, Flerp: I’m a girl :P

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I just can't believe a word AA says. Sorry, dude. Like even now I'm thinking "he's just claiming SK so we don't hunt for his scummy friends".

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

KhediveRex posted:

Behold! An update on my Day 2 List!

There are six people from the day two vote with unconfirmed alignment.

Hal
Asiina
King Burgandy
Kitiara
Toalpaz
Chaoslord

The first and most basic question: Are any of these people scum?

If No Then: Scum had absolutely no involvement with the Day 2 vote. Incredibly, remarkably, poignantly unlikely.

If Yes Then: Scum can be found among this list and we should begin discussion on all of them.

I still like the Hal vote a lot. I still like the Toalpaz vote a lot.

I've studied Asiina and King Burgandy in my prior post. I think they're both low likelyhood to be scum.

I haven't cased Chaoslord or Kitiara. I'll give them a re-read tomorrow.

Anyone care to weigh in with their own cases?

Kupo.

This is after we lynch AA though, right? It feels absolutely insane to let him (once again) talk himself out of getting lynched. We have absolutely no proof that AA is the SK, so surely we won't choose to continue to believe this one guy who keeps lying to us?

##Vote AA

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
It’s still -3 though, and I just panicked because it really seemed like people had given up on pursuing him (AA)

From your list, King B claimed to have copped CCKeanne last night and CLord visited Aasina and there were no casualties. I’m not saying that 100% clears them both, but it’s some information to their benefit. Since I’m sure I’m town, that leaves Hal and Toalpaz in the land of very possible to me. I can’t get a bad spidey sense from either (unlike my constant bad feeling of AA), but out of both I feel like Toal rubs me as the most town.

Specially since Hal is now 3/3 on town lynches. So I’d lean towards him.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Asiina posted:

Hal, stealing my points. Extremely rude.

So Hal, do you think Rex is scum or bad town?

I do find it very suspicious how you have both agreed on basically everything all game long :raise:

I do agree that we shouldn't blindly follow Krex posts, and that you need to evaluate why people voted rather than just the votes themselves, but at least KRex is creating discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

chaoslord posted:

Lmao what is this post?

I can’t find the scum motivation for it because there is already an easy way to vote AA (“gonna vote SK”), but this is really reaching to find a different reason to vote.

This post has broken me.

Two days ago there was a case to vote AA, but somehow he talked his way out of it and someone else got lynched. Then yesterday it was really close, but Aasina brought up Merk and somehow that caught on and AA narrowly survived. Then we catch him on his third lie, and he’s about to be lynched but comes up with “I’m SK guys!” And people get all “oh he’s SK, that’s so cool” and “SK is also bad for scum” and “let’s look at who else is suspicious”.

So that post was me being personally (extremely) frustrated at what looked like AA lying his way into another day. I think that if AA flips and it’s scum, then we can actually get some information out of it. Randomly targeting people on weak cases, who have not lied to town 3 times, does not seem to be like the smartest choice. I know English is my second language and whatnot, but I had no idea I came across as being so obtuse and hard to understand .

• Locked thread