Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I'll give this mafia thing a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Good day, friends. Let's enjoy this journey together.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Over/Under that #35 will be the Final Final Fantasy game?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Avoid repeating the past. Let common sense prevail, and try to think things through before going ahead with half-cocked plans. With Mars being prominent, you and your peers may find tempers raging out of control - don't let things become violent! Sometimes the best offence is a good defence. Your lucky number today is five.

Good advise, always plan full-cocked.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote e+

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote
##vote kit

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote
##vote Solus

Bloodshed and info generally seems good.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

Well gently caress it if I'm going out I'm going to call out scum, and then grade myself at the end:

1. Toalpaz
2. CubicalSucrose
3. Jeabus
4. Kitiara
5. ASF

And for 3p I'm calling it for Bif

If I ain't first, I'm last.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

SolusLunes posted:

I mean, I did

Seriously watch sugarcube.

This is not a joke, this is actual casing and the guttest of reads.

Yeah, yeah, blame the new guy and/or gal in their first game. First vote was for the person who asked if jokephase was over, second vote was for the person who said they wanted someone to die but seemed wishy-washy about it. Third vote hopped on the bandwagon. In retrospect I probably should've quoted posts for votes 1 and 2 but :effort:.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote

I still hope you get lynched though, for the record.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

just make sure to put your vote back on in two hours lest we get the dreaded No Lynch

Aye aye.

##vote Solus

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

GeneX posted:

shoot nat, imo

Pro Control strats.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, we may as well out it at this point.

We just got a gun to give out tonight (and we can't give it to ourselves). So any mass vigpocalypse won't happen until D2.

This seemed like useful info, reads towny. However, omitted the fact that guns have a chance to misfire or explode.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

So for the Solus vote, first couple were probably jokey, then at some point we probably think that scum pile on, and the last set of votes are going to be a mix of scum and resigned town. So who voted in that middle section? Those seem most likely to be scum. Non-voters are sketchy as well, if I'm scumteam I probably want to have at least one person sitting out of the vote if possible.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Nothing about GX is really pinging me.

Dancer is maybe with the nudge for roleclaims? But honestly not sure if everyone claiming is good for town or not. If it's good for town I'm a squire (per earlier). If it's bad for town then I'm a squire who will probably get killed.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If you received a gun, does it say who gave you the gun?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Who gave you the faulty gun?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

This seems exciting.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

3 misfires and 2 suicides? So.....Who wants my gun tonight?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Later:

Why are you acting confused about gun mechanics if you have a gun friendo?

I'm a town squire who didn't give a gun away last night and also didn't receive a gun, pretty straightforward.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I just read sugar cube's response. You should still know the gun is unreliable as a squire. Anyways that pings me.

Fair. I was just surprised that shooters went a collective 0 for 5. There's a difference between "unreliable" and "use as a last resort." Maybe shots appear as blanks if targets get doc's overnight? Scum shooting at scum intentionally knowing they'll miss?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote AA

Definitely willing to be swayed off my vote, but this doesn't seem like a super risky one.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Hmmmm

:thunk:

Seems moot if you knew they had a chance to fail

But this doesnt mesh with your aforementioned knowledge.

Ah, I forgot you had been voting me.

Who else pushed for me... gx. Who you dismissed as town.

You're not on the town team. Since I'm on the town team voting for you seems like a good thing.

I know that my (Squire) guns have a chance to fail, but (possibly incorrectly?) suspected that scumguns might always either fail/backfire based on the results. I'm still unsure if people are notified of who they got guns from. But that seems irrelevant now. Assuming gaspy had multiple guns then his action didn't need to specify which gun used, so it probably doesn't matter.

Re: Toal questioning why I wouldn't give away my gun last night - didn't have a very good town read, seemed like giving away a questionably-efficient vig to a random player wouldn't be as useful as holding it for a day.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

You all are making good points. I probably do read a bit scummy. Still no one has said if they know who gave them their guns. I will give out my gun to someone tonight if I'm not dead and they can vouch that I actually did give them a gun. Except for gaspy who is already loaded for next round. Hell, I'll even give AA my gun because it seems like that'd be neat and upon doing some rereading I don't think I care if you die.

##unvote

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Why would giving out a gun suggest you are town?

It suggests that I haven't lied about being a Squire. Which is step 1 on the path to convincing people that "at least some of the things that I've said are true."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What if I believe you are a squire and scum, like GX was a chemist and scum?

Then if you're town you should eventually make sure I wind up dead.

If you're the/a recruiter you probably want to stay away since I've gotten pretty popular.

And if you're scum you have to decide if you want to incite the move to lynch me, or try and convince me you're town so I give you the gun first tonight and then kill me later (possibly with my own gun, for more laughs).

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is CubicalSucrose's first game per Votefinder, is that correct?

Correct.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote flerp

Two people asked to have my gun, one of them is a dead scum and the other is flerp.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##unvote

Flerp was asking for guns on D1, which seems like a reasonable thing to do.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Since the lurkers are instantly dead does that mean 15 left with 8 to lynch?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

imgay posted:

Quote this post and I'll tell you which FF class you are.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ground floor.

##vote CCKeane

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Two points to address early:

I'm am town.

I am pretty sure there has literally never been a game where KB wasn't convinced that I was scum, because he cannot read me and this makes him sad.

Pretty convincing. ##unvote

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow the wind sure shifted for you pretty fast. Like walk me through how KB convinced you to begin with and how Keane totally flipped your thought process please!

KB seems pretty much like a town person and CCKeane had been on the radar near the end of the last day if I'm remembering correctly. Then CCKeane said "I'm town" which is a good thing since I'm also town. I do have a history of revoting for people I've unvoted, so who knows what I'm going to do later.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What

Do you have any opinions of your own

I thought gaspy seemed fine so I didn't vote that way. AA had claimed "Not Town" but I wasn't gaining any traction there. imgay also seems pretty cool, similar to KB. Dancer and Toalpaz could be playing a pretty fun scumcon with the gun exchange N1 followed by Dancer faking that the gun exchange didn't happen to cover a bit, but since then they've both seemed okay.

Still have no idea if people are informed about who gave them guns.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

So far AA is 3p, and Dancer and Toalpaz did something but it’s ok. Any scum reads?

ASF and IS seem cool. No scum reads.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Which ASF posts do you like?

This one was pretty good, even though I'd floated the idea a while before.

"So the people the guns failed on, do you think any of them had the guns fail due to vig immunity and not gun failure chance?"

I feel like scum would already know if this were true or not. And if it were true, then they probably wouldn't bring it up again after my post got buried. And if it's false, it's a bad cover strategy because it's not a new idea.

And then I like this one where there's a reluctance to vote gaspy who was town.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't like the Gaspy vote and everytime I've conceded and voted to ensure we cuddle someone they've been town. Or I've been scum jumping on a convenient train.

So ##vote Cubical

I'm town too so I mean, it's not ideal, but I feel like scum probably wouldn't actively try and pass up a chance to kill off the harder target (gaspy) if they can get me lynched later easier.

Anyway, ##vote AA for now since I'm town and AA is not town. I'd rather kill scum but as I said before I don't really have any good scum reads.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I got my shipment and used it instead. I know who killed jeabus and they have already made a crumb to killing jeabus this day as far as I can tell.

I received a piece of headgear, a green beret and it gave me a 1x tracker that I could use or give away. I used it.

I'm undecided on whether they are town scum or also 3p

What's your wincon again?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

Unrelated, ye gods is it possible for Sugarcube to make one single post that's not the most suspicious post in the entire thread.

Unlikely. So here's the deal right now. I'm a town Knight. This gives me a 1-shot cop. Scum knights get a 1-shot rolecop. We're getting two lurker flips and we know AA is not town, so I'm not super concerned about personally actively scumhunting today since I'll cop someone tonight and get a better read tomorrow.

Now, assuming that there are scum black mages, and assume I don't get lynched, and assuming there's a town white mage, then here's what I propose: Scum probably wants me to not cop them but also probably thinks I'll get lynched eventually, so probably would want to Toad me. Another assumption is around order of resolution. I'm guessing that if I try and cop someone tonight and I get toaded but I also get white maged, then my cop will still go through? Better use of a white mage power since it saves me two night actions instead of just one (assuming I still haven't given out my gun because no one will tell me the mechanic).

Yes I'm asking for a town compatriot to potentially waste a power. Yes, that sounds scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Mafia edit: town white mage please power me tonight if I'm not dead.

• Locked thread