Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
AA then imgay seems pretty good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If you lurkershoot Rex and Rex flips scum, then that clears Hal and makes Rex's options say, 3 and 4 more suspicious. Rex flipping town doesn't help much though. If you lurkershoot Kit and Kit flips scum, then that's good but I don't think we get much new info. If you lurkershoot Kit and Kit flips town, well, should've posted more.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

I also don’t have a problem with this, if we decide to go that route.

Given the T2->T3 evolution tonight, does a mass claim make more sense today or tomorrow?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I've used both my night actions so I might be a bad target for a protect tonight.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

So...who are we voting for this time? AA was on my list for the past 3 days, need someone new to spar against.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CCKeane posted:

YPM was also going after CL yesterday. He might be a worthwhile person to look at.

Seems reasonable. I'll also pitch the idea that KB and Keane and scumbros and KB faked his cop claim.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Asiina posted:

Do you actually believe that or are you just throwing out things?

Just throwing out things right now. Currently thinking we lynch imgay but will think more about it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Of the folks still alive (Solus vote detail not 100%, used latest Votefinder post):

Asiina (shot at Gaspy, dead town, voted for: Solus, dead town, Gaspy, dead town, merk, dead town, AA, dead sk )
CCKeane (KB claimed to cop him as town, voted for: no vote D1, Gaspy, dead town, merk, dead town, AA, dead sk)
clord (voted for: Hal, alive, gaspy, dead town, AA, dead sk, AA, dead sk)
CubicalSucrose (voted for Solus D1 Town, no vote D2 but was pushing AA, AA D3 SK, AA D4 SK, gave gun to imgay, copped YPM as town and flip confirmed)
flerp (voted for: no vote D1, no vote D2, AA SK, no vote D4)
Hal (voted for: AA SK, Gaspy dead town, merk dead town, AA dead SK)
IS (shot at merk, dead town, voted for: Solus dead town, Cubical alive, AA dead SK, no vote D4)
imgay (lurkerkilled Slam, dead town...shot at YPM, dead town...shot AGAIN at YPM, dead town, voted for: Solus dead town, merk dead town, merk dead town, Asiina alive)
KRex (Hal can kill with a lurkergun but hasn't yet, voted for: no vote D1, no vote D2, merk dead town, no vote D4)
KB (copped CCKeane as town, voted for: Solus dead town, gaspy dead town, merk dead town, AA dead SK)
Kit (Hal can kill with a lurkergun but hasn't yet, voted for: no vote D1, gaspy dead town, AA dead SK, AA dead SK)
Toalpaz (shot at YPM, dead town, voted for: Solus dead town, gaspy dead town, AA dead SK, no vote D4)

We've got one mystery job left at the bottom so I assume someone else is a 3P. Only one scum flip, so who knows on that.
Somewhat arbitrarily counting final votes for town as -1 (except counting Solus as -0.2 since D1), shots at town as -0.5, counting AA as 0, counting lurkerguns as -0.3, counting a no vote as -0.1.

Asiina gets: -0.5, -0.7, -1.7, -2.7
CCKeane gets: -0.1, -1.1, -2.1
clord gets: 0, -1
Cubical gets: -0.2, -0.3
flerp gets: -0.1, -0.2, -0.3
Hal gets: -1, -2
IS gets: -0.5, -0.7, -0.8
imgay gets: -0.3, -0.8, -0.8, -1, -2, -3
KRex gets: -0.1, -0.2, -1.2, -1.3
KB gets: -0.2, -1.2, -2.2
Kit gets: -0.1, -1.1
Toal gets: -0.5, -0.7, -1.7, -1.8

Sorting those gets us:
[Claimed Squire?] flerp = -0.3 (with a single night vote)
[Claimed Knight, claimed used gunsmith/cop] Cubical = -0.3 (with by far the scummiest post quality)
[Claimed Chemist] IS = -0.8 (with focus on a different game)
[Claimed Chemist, Suspected Black Mage used Toad on Asiina] clord = -1 (with a single night vote)
[Claimed Archer, claimed used watch on Asiina] Kit = -1.1 (with a lot of confusion around the game)
[Claimed Chemist, claimed used doc] KRex = -1.3 (with seemingly little effort)
[Claimed Squire, claimed used gunsmith] Toal = -1.8 (with a bunch of folks having wanted him dead at some point)
[Claimed Archer. claimed used watch] Hal = -2.0 (with a KRex's-Most-Wanted sign on his back)
[Claimed Chemist] CCKeane = -2.1 (with a mid-game blowup with KB)
[Claimed Knight, claimed used cop] KB = -2.2 (with a fun power now assuming his knight claim was accurate)
[Claimed Black Mage, claimed is Toaded] Asiina = -2.7 (with some fun interactions with now-dead serial killer AA)
[Claimed Squire?] imgay = -3.0 (with a strange fascination for killing YPM)

##vote imgay

Read through a bunch when trying to dig up claim info. Would vote against Toal. Would need some convincing against Hal and Asiina. KB looks bad vote-wise but feels better after reading.

Gunmath?
28 players
3 were non-Squire 3P's
25 left
5 are claimed Chemists who are alive
20 left
8 are dead chemists
12 left
9 unreliable gun "clicks"
3 left
2 unreliable gun "suicides"
1 left
1 unreliable gun "actually shot the person aimed at"
0 guns left? (Aside from Hal's lurkergun)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Asiina posted:

I agree. It's a lot of words with almost no content. He's just listing things that have happened and assigning arbitrary point values that oh look totally coincidentally make him townie. It takes into account absolutely none of the context of the game. The one sentence summaries in brackets are the closest things to actual reads and most of them aren't anything.

He even says that KB looks bad based on his self-made point system but he thinks he looks good after reading, so it's admitting in the post that it's not a useful thing he's done.

Yep! Context matters, but maybe it's useful to see
some things like claims and votes and kill attempts. Let's not throw the baby put with the bathwater. Yesing I've said has looked suspicious, but what have I done that has been anti-town? KB pulled up the soft defense of GX. Contrast with the things I've done that have been pro-town - instaclaiming Knight, getting a solid cop read, pushing three days in a row to lynch a non-town player, and trying to sort out all the gun nonsense upfront so everyone (not just the scum team) would know exactly how guns worked (aside from the roll probabilities).

Potential factions:
CCKeane and KB faking an argument then making up.
Asiina and clord faking a Toad (Kit could have watched a doc)
Toal and a bunch of other folks

##unvote
##vote Asiina

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

imgay posted:

how do i earn more points?

Get Hal to use his Lurkergun on a townie and you can have as many as you want.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

I screwed up and posted by mistake, here's the rest of what I was going to say:

Here are my thoughts on the players still alive:

1. Imgay: I clearly remember that there wasn't much at all going for shooting GX, yet imgay was the only person to tell Gaspy to do it. I don't think you'd risk it as scum. He also tried to talk people into not voting for gaspy and in general gives me a decent "No scum" impression. I don't think that means he isn't scum, specially consider his keenness for pulling the trigger: 2/5

2. Chaos: He really doesn't have much to go on, but I watched him visit Aasina and she didn't die, which confirmed his toad claim. He also hasn't voted for many town at all, I think scum are normally more active on games. Scum counter: 1/5

3. Hal: I can't get much of a read on Hal and keep tossing back between maybe a scum and maybe not. Someone did raise the point that I could be killed with a lurkergun, which he has not done. I think scum would have probably shot me the moment he got it. It could be that he's just holding it for later since he knows I don't post much, but I think it's a townie thing to do. Scum Counter: 2/5

4. Asiina: I looked through her posts and found a few things to note: a. Asiina had a gun, spent ages suggesting that people should use them but chose not to for a long while (why bring it up?), made an early claim as Chemist (same as the only scum?), and I wonder whether she keeps trying to tear down Kupo's posting system because she knows that she has voted for every town person that was lynched (though at least she was voting, I think scum may have skipped one out). With that said, she has defended me heaps and I do know I'm town... A part of me is a bit suspicious that she is scum, but also feels like well... if she is, we're probably pretty effed. I'd like to know where you used your skill on, and whether someone can vouch for you. Scum Counter 3/5

5. Cube: I don't know. He started out saying he was squire, he did have a gun and gave it away. So far truthful. However, he said he coped YPM as town. But see below: hence. Scum counter: 4/5

6. KB: I read through all his posts, and I don't have any content specifically to go on, so this is just my gut feeling. But something tells me that he's town. Now KB (per his posts) makes it a bit obvious that he did not choose squire. Yet he had a 1 shot cop. So far everyone's skills have been different. So my first instinct is to think that either Cube or KB is lying i.e. is scum. I'd like to hear more from both players. However, considering my gut feeling on his posts, and the fact that he said Keane (who is still alive) is town, makes me feel like Cube might be scum and has claimed to cop YPM because he knew the flip was coming and wanted to gain town cred. Scum Counter: 2/5

I have Keane, flerp, illegal sober, krex and toalpaz to go, but seriously guys... I really have to work work. My boss is gonna kill me. I'll finish when I get the chance.

KB did choose Squire though, from this post early -

"Yeah, we may as well out it at this point.

We just got a gun to give out tonight (and we can't give it to ourselves). So any mass vigpocalypse won't happen until D2."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

I'm sure we have plenty. There were like 28 players, so probably at least like 10+ guns out there and I don't think many have claimed who they gave them to.
I haven't revealed who my gun went to. It wasn't Bif.

This also...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah. There was no reason to counter claim, I got the same role description.

And here where he says he was also a Knight.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

Sorry, my bad. I misread that post as in "he was agreeing with what someone else had said" and apparently completely missed the "I haven't told who I gave my gun to" post. I got distracted by his complaining that he hadn't been given a gun.

No worries friend! Just trying to drop down on the scummometer.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Ugh, just reread Asiina and even though you've repeatedly been against me you feel townie.

##unvote
##vote imgay

After I cop YPM and say town, why do you try and shoot YPM, again?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

So I thought KR's approach was pretty novel at first, but having thought about it more, and watching other people basically use the same system, it is really bad.

Like you are literally prioritizing focusing on people who post and play, vs those who don't. People not posting/voting? Obviously town! :) It is like the antithesis of everything I believe.

It hit me really hard when I looked at Cube's analysis using basically the same thing. Flerp, because he has somehow avoided voting pretty much ever, is the towniest? Hahaha. And this bit from Kit:

I feel like I am in opposite world.

Like the extra flaw here, is we haven't actually voted out any bad guys but AA, and being an SK, he probably didn't have a team. So as far as we know, there hasn't been a single scum/town vote that scum would be pushing away from by voting town.

---

Examining the approaches of all three people doing this, I still think KR comes off towny. It really felt like he thought he had something there with that hilarious "gotcha" on Asiina. Cube is still a possible vote for me. Kit is now a possible vote for me, but I want to wait and see what else they say.

This is a pretty fair point. I guess I'm not far enough along to know what the vote or not meta really looks like. If you all do want to kill me, it should definitely be lynching. I'd personally rather go out in a blaze of glory, but I imagine town does better lynching me than trying to kill me later.

Anywho, I'm town, so don't lynch me. I still want to kill imgay because he shot at YPM (I guess not unreasonable to do it the first time), but then after I said YPM was town he shot again, hasn't given an explanation, and has made few reads.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

So one other thought:

I'm thinking that when Bif was recruited into a 3p she stopped advancing her normal class tree and instead got to just pick one of the final classes? If I'm correct, and there was another recruit out there, they've probably stopped advancing? Based on that theory, I think that Cube is not the remaining cultist, if there is one. Just fyi. But admittedly, I could be way wrong. Can still be scum, just something to keep in mind for later in case it matters.

I'm worried you're jumping to the wrong conclusion here KB. Maybe you're just being a bit paranoid (makes sense, I definitely am), but I think you're a bit concerned about nothing.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

imgay posted:

Cpig can you tell me who turned me into a toad?

Ugh, rereading imgay and the only thing I saw was the push for YPM which started really early after YPM was doing things that looked reasonably suspicious.

Sorry imgay.

##unvote

Mafia is hard.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Let's look at Hal. If Hal is scum and knows either of the lurkers are town, can he basically force a scum win by shooting today?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

flerp posted:

my other thoughts are:

i liked rex's post, but i get a lil iffy thoughts when he establishes a hal case but then doesnt really push it. while it's a decent case, i feel like he doesnt really try to convince anyone to believe in his case. he just kinda throws it out there, and hal was really in anybody's thought, so i feel if he truly believed his case and caught hal that he'd try to push it harder. i can see this being a scum forcing a big effort post to look engaged, while not really risking anything like getting hal lynched.

cube and kit feel disengaged and uninterested in finding scum. i dont like that.

toal seems incredibly self consciousness, which is a scummy thing. im gonna try to look over their post history to see where their interests lie in finding scum, but the general vibe they give off is scummy.

KB i cannot read for the life of me.

keane seems okay, i know he gets frustrated by being called a lurker, so that argument doesnt seem out of character.

imgay is just... there? i get a lil wary about the shitposty guys as we get later in the days because they could be scum and then there's no way to really know if theyre scum or not, so they kinda coast through the days, which im worried imgay is doing.

This is really the only effort from flerp this game, aside from questioning known 3p AA and some interactions with KheRex. Only voted AA which was a gimme. KB is making a good point about effort in-thread vs out of thread, and only one interesting item in just two pages of posts seems a little low? Is flerp lurkergunnable right now?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

WELL????? Did you look?

Someone else did the math and it was like "If there are a ton of scum which is unlikely then it's possible and he probably would've done it already." Which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to help much. I figured if it was a clearish win and you hadn't shot, then either all three of you are scum or you're town and aren't sure about the others. But given current numbers who knows.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

flerp posted:

hmmm yeah i guess, altho i really dont like the whole "this is my only effort, apart from these other moments where i put in effort." also, idk if youd say the AA vote was a gimme, since i voted for him on d3 where it was a toss up between merk and AA. it was only on d4 where AA claimed sk and got lunched, and i didnt even vote for him that day (because i wanted to hammer him but then i went to bed and he got hammered while i was asleep :( ) but yes i was v focused on AA because i felt confident that he was a baddie. prob a bit too focused in retrospect.

rn, i have no clue since it feels like a ton of people are scummy. cubical's posting is pretty question mark because the whole thing of points to describe people's scumminess doesnt make any sense and people have brought up way smarter things than me. his cases have all felt like they were "effort" but just that they were never commited. idk, cubical just confuses me more than anything else.

rex doubling down on a weird rear end conspiracy theory is like whaaaaaaaaa

toal being all "yay town!!!" in every situation is really off putting, the reaction to the absurb rex case feels a little off as well.

imgay just doesnt even seem like they care. i cant tell if that means he's like the last cultist alive who cant recruit so he has basically no chance of winning, or just doesnt give a poo poo as town or scum. i have 0 clue on him.

there are other people in this game too, but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head. i should reread more

I guess that's fair, and most of my focus was on AA as well so can't really fault you for that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Other people have talked about mass claiming in previous days. The main person against had been YPM (RIP). Do we think mass claiming would be good for town? There are a whole bunch of new powers that I'm itching to learn about.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm under the gun today it seems, time to half claim. Monks (me and theoretically KB) are either PGOs or Bombs. Both are reasonable from a flavor perspective, non-violent until provoked. KB or another monk can out us if they want, but be careful with your votes today and night actions tonight.

##Fight for Blue
##vote flerp

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Flerp might be a monk I guess.

##unvote
##vote KhediveRex

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I think I'll vote for anyone but Keane, also will not hammer a knight or potential Knight.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

I guess it’s not impossible for me (Krex, i believe would have to full on spam the thread), if I make it past the next couple of days but it’s still a lot. Isn’t spam normally looked down upon?

Thanks for the input on the stealing :). I’ve learnt a lot this game from everyone!

:justpost:

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I find it interesting that we have yet to see any job flips from
CPig that have separate roles for scum and town, makes me go hmmmmm

All the other jobs are useful for both town and scum though. But why would scum need a cop? Giving them a rolecop makes sense to me, someone who has never modded before and is in his or her first game. From the outside I can see an argument that it looks fishy though.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

For 3p, cult, other scum teams...

It’s just weird that only you and KB have said anything about seperate jobs and with all the flips we just happen to not have seen that. I also think KB has been semi-scummy with his casing and you have certainly had lots of suspicion on you so it’s just pinging me more at this point

3P and cult have all been unique roles and didn't start down the town & (presumably scum) path.

From the OP: "There will be 3p's with different abilities and the scum team will have additional abilities on top of their class choices."

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

My point was scum cop would have things to cop for

Also that OP does nothing to make it seem like classes would have multiple roles, if anything it’s the opposite

Oh, I see. That first bit makes sense. That's a good point. I'll disagree with your second point mostly because I know what my role PM says, but concede it's unclear.

Regardless, if I were scum why would I even mention that point? Seems like a terrible, awful play, especially given that I would (probably) have known that other roles didn't have a similar thing?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

How do you feel about KB?

KB has voted scummy, which is bad. KB could be faking it with Keane but after rereading the other day it seemed like a legit argument, and Keane had a similar argument with Dancer who flipped Town. KB could be a Knight/mo k and just knew Keane was town and used that knowledge as a seemingly legit cop claim which wouldn't even be contested. I'd vote but not hammer KB if it came down to it.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

First one on me. I know I'm town, everyone else seems okay enough. I am going to assume you're scum and know I'm town and wanted to get the train rolling.

##unvote
##vote Asiina

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Kitiara posted:

Votecount for Day 5

CubicalSucrose (5): Asiina, chaoslord, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Kitiara
Hal Incandenza (1): Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): KhediveRex
Kitiara (1): King Burgundy
KhediveRex (1): Toalpaz, CubicalSucrose, Toalpaz
flerp (1): imgay, Kitiara, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, Kitiara
imgay (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Asiina (0): KhediveRex, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose, KhediveRex

Not Voting (2): flerp, IllegallySober

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 10th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 25 minutes.

I just saw the Votecount as it currently stands and found it very interesting. It makes me feel a lot better about my vote and the flerp & IS are possibly scum reads.

You should only feel good about your vote if you're not town. You feel townie to me though, so unfortunately that means you should feel bad about your vote.

Town don't hammer me.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Suppose I do flip town (which I will), what extra info does town even get? Not much. I've voted against pretty much all of you at some point. KB isn't cleared. No one is cleared really, and no one else looks very suspicious since you all wound up voting for me. And we might get an extra town dead if they wind up hammering. So that's double bad.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

GeneX posted:

I think YPM's doing what I'd expect him to do from my hazy recollection of him as town (specifically TWEWY mafia comes to mind), insistently pressing on something he finds weird that appears kind of innocuous to me, while you're doing a kind of weird over-explanation/goodnatured and agreeable shame thing that makes me frown for reasons I wish I could articulate better (but which, given my history wrt thinking you're scum, is still leading me to tread cautiously.)

I'm curious what Keane's hmm-ing about with Asiina, I guess? That's maybe a thing.

Scum GX mentioned a couple players still alive, maybe consider that.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cubical, remind me if you have played mafia or similar games elsewhere before this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cubical, remind me if you have played mafia or similar games elsewhere before this

I have played some live action One Night Ultimate Werewolf a few times, but that's the extent of my experience.

KB is a better lynch tonight because him flipping town clears Keane for sure and kinda clears me. Whereas the opposite isn't true. If KB flips scum then that's great for town although I'm probably dead next which isn't great.

I still feel KB is town but have no clearer scum reads and it's now down to me trying to save myself.

##unvote
##vote King Burgundy

Town don't hammer me and don't hammer KB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I like to think we were all winners in this game. Except for town and the various third parties.

• Locked thread