Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Homestar Runner posted:

she's gorgeous

and a better analyst than Cowherd

Aren't we all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Flikken posted:

Baker Mayfield is the Best QB in the AFC North.

And South

And East

And West

Also all of the NFC

:getin:

Mr. Mahomes has something to say about the West. Have Baker call back when he has 10 TDS and no interceptions

Substandard fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 22, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homestar Runner posted:

Damning with faint praise ITT.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Substandard posted:

Mr. Mahomes has something to say about the West. Have Baker call back when he has 10 TDS and no interceptions

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the stats man, yeah, I'm the stats man

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Homestar Runner posted:

she's gorgeous

I gotta give Cowherd credit. He's really, really, really, really good at saying the same thing over and over again in slightly different ways for fifteen minutes straight.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cowherd should just save a lot of time and say, “I’m only happy when people act like 43 year old white business professionals”

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

Cowherd should just save a lot of time and say, “I’m only happy when people act like 43 year old white business professionals”

Lol so true

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Cavauro posted:

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the stats man, yeah, I'm the stats man

As a guy coming off years of a QB who statistically wasn't that great but "just won games", I think there just might be something to actual statistical production :iiam:

Baker looked good though and I'm going to laugh so hard when Hue looks at the tape and decides to keep Tyrod as starter.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Bakey Mayfey

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Doubling down on stats being an appropriate response to that post? i fold daddy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

those are two different card games.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Substandard posted:

As a guy coming off years of a QB who statistically wasn't that great but "just won games", I think there just might be something to actual statistical production :iiam:

Baker looked good though and I'm going to laugh so hard when Hue looks at the tape and decides to keep Tyrod as starter.

Hue would actually be dragged off the sidelines, tied into a car with a brick on the gas peddle.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Who are these idiots and why are they employed in any fashion that involves them speaking in public, or at all?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i predict that baker mayfield will throw.....11 interceptions *winks to the camera*

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i predict that baker mayfield will throw.....11 interceptions *winks to the camera*

That's an unrealisticly low number for his career but I thank you for the compliment.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Substandard posted:

Baker was continuously hitting guys not in stride and a little bit off target so those stats might start dropping. That's the problem with stats.

Although this time Baker is clearly better than Tyrod in every way so stats or no stats who cares

schmug
May 20, 2007

Substandard posted:

I want this to happen so bad because it would lead to him getting fired on the spot.

end then:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hue would actually be dragged off the sidelines, tied into a car with a brick on the gas peddle.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Baker was continuously hitting guys not in stride and a little bit off target so those stats might start dropping. That's the problem with stats.

Although this time Baker is clearly better than Tyrod in every way so stats or no stats who cares

I'd think he's just as likely to improve accuracy with more practice time with the receivers. He never had a problem with that in college and wasn't just getting bailed out on bad throws a bunch.

But either way you're right there's no reason other than injury for Tyrod to see the field the rest of this season.

schmug
May 20, 2007

just got done watching some college highlight reals. Was never a fan of him because Buckeyes, but god drat. I really have never seen a QB with such velocity and touch and accuracy at the same time. He has a MUCH bigger arm than I realized as well.

Long story short. Baker Fucks.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

schmug posted:

just got done watching some college highlight reals. Was never a fan of him because Buckeyes, but god drat. I really have never seen a QB with such velocity and touch and accuracy at the same time. He has a MUCH bigger arm than I realized as well.

I dislike OU but literally always always loved Baker. I knew he would own.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
OU owns. Baker owns: Ohio, specifically. First he spanks them, then make them love him. He is their daddy, now.

edit: BOOMER!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
17-1-1

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

schmug posted:

Pretty sure most of the talking heads kept saying his arm strength wasn't great too.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

From the organizational mouthpiece so take it with a grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1043854190794166283?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i hope baker mayfield does his next post-game conference via facebook live. or instagram live? whatever is cool in 2018.

i don't like baker mayfield but complaining that he had his phone after the game is stupid.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Flikken posted:

From the organizational mouthpiece so take it with a grain of salt.

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1043854190794166283?s=19

I hate Mary Kay so much. I was listening to the Friday conference and she literally asked exactly same questions as the person before her asked and was surprised when Hue was annoyed. She is awful.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HEELatkins3/status/1042953132064550912

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The best part is when Cowherd starts talking what he would do, then immediately stops himself to go on a different tangent after realizing he said "check my phone."

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Baker is truth.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Flikken posted:

Baker is truth.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Well bake me a pie Baker is going to bake the Browns a bakers dozen brownie wins. Get ze ovens!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1071841312452825089

Baker

schmug
May 20, 2007

That was one of the best throws you will ever see.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kick it imo

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

62 yards god drat

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Woopsy daisy wrong thread Baker owns tho

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
It turns out drafting the QB who had years of tape of having ridiculous arm strength paired with ridiculous accuracy whether in the pocket or on the run but who is a couple inches of height under the ideal was a better decision than drafting the latest neanderthal physical specimen who would need years of development and several substantiated miracles to not be a rocket armed inaccurate moron with wild inconsistency.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
say no to punctuation

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

say no to bats posted:

It turns out drafting the QB who had years of tape of having ridiculous arm strength paired with ridiculous accuracy whether in the pocket or on the run but who is a couple inches of height under the ideal was a better decision than drafting the latest neanderthal physical specimen who would need years of development and several substantiated miracles to not be a rocket armed inaccurate moron with wild inconsistency.

Yeah but have you seen how he runs?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

say no to bats posted:

As a Seahawks fan, yup.
I have never gotten the fascination that some people have with giant QB's that can't throw.