Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tyrod Taylor is a poo poo QB. Total poo poo. People who thought he was good in Buffalo ignored the glaring faults such as his inability to go through reads, hit open receivers downfield, or do anything besides checkdown.

Unfortunately those qualifications alongside a decent completion percentage made him a valuable free agent. See most teams pray for guys like Tyrod Taylor. The QB position is so unbelievably hard to fill that even a guy who's total poo poo at finding players downfield can be one of the most sought after players in free agency. Especially for a team like the Browns.

Queue Adisa Bakari.

https://twitter.com/adisabakari?lang=en

As you might be able to tell by his twitter page, Adisa Bakari is Tyrod Taylor's agent. Now Tyrod was supposed to enter free agency this year. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion with his benching. Then mysteriously and miraculously he was traded to the up and coming Browns for a third rounder back in March. We could blame typical brown idiocy for that, but I feel there's more at play here.

See Adisa Bakari represents a bunch of guys in the NFL but there's one super noticeable one that's been getting a lot of attention lately for holding out: Leveon Bell. Leveon has been offered a variety of fair contracts including one that would make him easily the highest paid RB in the history of the league. Unfortunately Bakari refused to budge and the Steelers are still without their franchise RB. What does that have to do with Tyrod Taylor?

Nothing, but I'm assuming that Bakari is strong arming the Browns into starting him. Bakari is a young sports agency CEO who already has a bunch of high profile guys in his pocket. The Browns also want to be a free agent destination and happen to have 68 million dollars left over in empty cap space. Guess who their highest paid player is right now. Tyrod Taylor.

It's all assumptions but I feel like this just goes far beyond sunk cost fallacy. Tyrod was completely outperformed by Baker throughout preseason. Remember when he practically broke his wrist and then got to go back out during Baker's reps in week 3 of preseason? You don't do that unless you're on a sweetheart deal trying to prove something for your free agency next year. Combine that with his atrocious week 1 start and the fact that he had to be concussed before Hue Jackson finally put in Baker...

https://twitter.com/ChrisFedor/status/1042985389403729921

I mean you can say that Hue is just going through the typical motions when benching a starter but to even entertain the notion is insulting to Browns fans. The only explanation I can come up with is that Adisa Bakari promised to bring some free agents to the Browns next year if he got his QB client paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
not reading this long turd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like your assertion that Bell has been offered multiple "fair" contracts.

False. Entire argument dead.

e: Also, the implication that Hue Jackson could be influenced by anything relating to a smart strategy is laughable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's not ridiculous.

Something similar happened to the Browns with Mike Holmgren.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What I'm saying is that Hue Jackson is a complete idiot and incapable of actually understanding the necessary details to execute an agreement that's more complicated than "AJ McCarron for a 2nd and a 3rd."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Leveon wasn't offered a fair contract much less multiple fair contracts so your theory is flawed op try again

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Doltos posted:

Tyrod Taylor is a poo poo QB. Total poo poo. People who thought he was good in Buffalo ignored the glaring faults such as his inability to go through reads, hit open receivers downfield, or do anything besides checkdown.

Unfortunately those qualifications alongside a decent completion percentage made him a valuable free agent. See most teams pray for guys like Tyrod Taylor. The QB position is so unbelievably hard to fill that even a guy who's total poo poo at finding players downfield can be one of the most sought after players in free agency. Especially for a team like the Browns.

Queue Adisa Bakari.

https://twitter.com/adisabakari?lang=en

As you might be able to tell by his twitter page, Adisa Bakari is Tyrod Taylor's agent. Now Tyrod was supposed to enter free agency this year. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion with his benching. Then mysteriously and miraculously he was traded to the up and coming Browns for a third rounder back in March. We could blame typical brown idiocy for that, but I feel there's more at play here.

See Adisa Bakari represents a bunch of guys in the NFL but there's one super noticeable one that's been getting a lot of attention lately for holding out: Leveon Bell. Leveon has been offered a variety of fair contracts including one that would make him easily the highest paid RB in the history of the league. Unfortunately Bakari refused to budge and the Steelers are still without their franchise RB. What does that have to do with Tyrod Taylor?

Nothing, but I'm assuming that Bakari is strong arming the Browns into starting him. Bakari is a young sports agency CEO who already has a bunch of high profile guys in his pocket. The Browns also want to be a free agent destination and happen to have 68 million dollars left over in empty cap space. Guess who their highest paid player is right now. Tyrod Taylor.

It's all assumptions but I feel like this just goes far beyond sunk cost fallacy. Tyrod was completely outperformed by Baker throughout preseason. Remember when he practically broke his wrist and then got to go back out during Baker's reps in week 3 of preseason? You don't do that unless you're on a sweetheart deal trying to prove something for your free agency next year. Combine that with his atrocious week 1 start and the fact that he had to be concussed before Hue Jackson finally put in Baker...

https://twitter.com/ChrisFedor/status/1042985389403729921

I mean you can say that Hue is just going through the typical motions when benching a starter but to even entertain the notion is insulting to Browns fans. The only explanation I can come up with is that Adisa Bakari promised to bring some free agents to the Browns next year if he got his QB client paid.

Not really plausible. If Hue doesn't perform this year, he's dead meat, and any promises he makes become useless. He needs to win now, or at least show marked improvement. Tanking this season is really not an option.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Vengarr posted:

Not really plausible. If Hue doesn't perform this year, he's dead meat,

What in the history of the Browns and Hue Jackson makes you think this?

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
on closer inspection tyrod taylor is rated higher than baker mayfield. Above Nick Foled but below Andy Dalton

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

DaFrugalGamer posted:

on closer inspection tyrod taylor is rated higher than baker mayfield. Above Nick Foled but below Andy Dalton

wait what?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DaFrugalGamer posted:

You just don't know when to stop, old man!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cue

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cue Daltos making a big thread to call out a black agent for doing his job!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tyrod Taylor threw 6 INTs, 6 INTs, 4 INTs during his three years in Buffalo.

His replacements have thrown 9 INTs in 3 games.

But no, tell me again how much Taylor sucks?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

About that much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

Cue Daltos making a big thread to call out a black agent for doing his job!

The qb hes representing is black too, coincidence?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I dont know

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's not, now let me tell you about Colin kaepernickle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nflpa has this agent's contact info and i called him and it wasn't him who answered but i told the person the link to this thread slowly and in a clear manner and i hope he wrote it down and is going to buy an account and post here

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
dont agree, pretty interesting either way

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He does his name is daFrugalgamer

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
Don't really buy into this conspiracy theory. I think its more like Hue is Homer and Taylor is Bart and Baker is Nelson.

Someone probably had to stop Hue from forfeiting when Tyrod went down in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1043906409447018496

Mike Tomlin is being held captive by Adisa Bakari

• Locked thread