Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
I tried predictit and the thing i bought went to 1c immediately. now ur all caught up, this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bollig posted:

i've been away from a screen for 24 hours what exactly is going on.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

thinking out loud again: if Agriculture March 1 YES dips low enough I might get in because I can envision a significant bump at a minimum when the Senate figures out how to juggle normal business and the trial in the last week of February. it's kind of catching a falling knife, though
update: I missed out because I underbid the floor by 3 cents and now it's back up to 90 lol

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

bollig posted:

i've been away from a screen for 24 hours what exactly is going on.

More evidence for the report that will come out in a few years about the depths of the meaningless political grandstanding being done solely to manipulate and profit from political betting markets.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 19:42 on Feb 13, 2021

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

this impeachment has been amazing. so many huge market swings

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Hopefully they didn't cave just cus the republicans threatened to call 300 witnesses and drag this out. Christ they look weak.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
they caved because they made plans to be with their mistresses tomorrow

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
gently caress I got owned playing the "buy all the 'safe' no brackets" game. One more Republican voted to impeach than I accounted for.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

:chaostrump:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Originally i was doing "but all the 'safe' no brackets, and then be one bracket more cautious than that" and would've won on that, but I also saw an opportunity for negative risk and getting negative risk is fun so I did that instead.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

gently caress I got owned playing the "buy all the 'safe' no brackets" game. One more Republican voted to impeach than I accounted for.
Same, but I managed to do some quick dancing and break even in that market

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Did anyone happen to put any down on Burr flipping? I suspect no one did but if so, why? That's was a surprise.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Did anyone happen to put any down on Burr flipping? I suspect no one did but if so, why? That's was a surprise.

i had shares on most of the GOP convict markets. in fact i ended up in a more bullish position toward # convict votes than i anticipated or wanted. took giant washes with some, got big wins with cassidy mostly. maybe down $200 on the day and it could have been orders of magnitude better or worse so i'm okay with it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i tried to snipe swings as the roll call came in but i guess my stream was super delayed or whatever

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

i tried to snipe swings as the roll call came in but i guess my stream was super delayed or whatever

Anecdotally from the comments, cable C-Span is a couple seconds ahead of stream C-Span which is sometimes all it takes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

and if the networks are covering something, use antenna whereever possible

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

*in extremely local area onion guy voice* i dont even have cable tv

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Wall Street levels mountains to increase speed of line of sight data transmissions for microsecond trading improvements on multiple domestic and foreign exchanges to make billions.

Main street uses a radio shack antenna to shave two seconds off the C-SPAN feed for a $300 predictit wager so they can afford rent.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol I bought Burr Yes at .09 and immediately put in a sell order at .11 and ignored the market for weeks expecting it to pop a little on some stupid rumor or other

Turning a 10-bagger into 10% is still much better than most of my trades

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
The Pompeo/Blinken money finally ends tonight. I'll be sad to see it go.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

i say swears online posted:

i had shares on most of the GOP convict markets. in fact i ended up in a more bullish position toward # convict votes than i anticipated or wanted. took giant washes with some, got big wins with cassidy mostly. maybe down $200 on the day and it could have been orders of magnitude better or worse so i'm okay with it

I ended up losing a couple hundred but its my fault for paying attention to my conference calls over PredictIT markets but that said this was baby's first market. Following the hysterical media cycle does work provided that you are quick enough and I made $20 off of Republican John Thune.

If anything, now I'm really bored with the remaining markets. Confirmation dates are boring.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Finally

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I miss MAGA money

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
lol if you haven’t connected to every supplyer to find the fastest information in order to have a competitive advantage

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

This seems like the safest market right now that has a decent rate of return. Seems like they are pretty close, they have a month left and it seems like a dumb thing for the organizers to lie about. This is not a market that Newsom WILL be recalled, just that there will be a vote later on. An I missing anything before I decide to go all in?

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7039/Will-there-be-enough-signatures-by-Mar-17-for-a-vote-on-recall-of-Gov-Newsom

https://twitter.com/tomdelbeccaro/status/1359699376919044099?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zeta Taskforce posted:

This seems like the safest market right now that has a decent rate of return. Seems like they are pretty close, they have a month left and it seems like a dumb thing for the organizers to lie about. This is not a market that Newsom WILL be recalled, just that there will be a vote later on. An I missing anything before I decide to go all in?

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7039/Will-there-be-enough-signatures-by-Mar-17-for-a-vote-on-recall-of-Gov-Newsom

https://twitter.com/tomdelbeccaro/status/1359699376919044099?s=20

The only question is whether they have enough valid signatures by March 17. Usually the rejection rate is very high because people will sign twice, unregistered voters will sign, etc. They are likely to make it but I don't know if it's 99% likely or 75% likely.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Im not following the California recall effort whatsoever, so in that context, I notice the tweet in your post is from Feb 10. It appears the price fell out on that market over the weekend because it was trading around 90 until Sunday.

What happened there?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The organizers, sure. But california is a state that allows paid signature gathering, so there can be plenty of reason for people lower down the chain than the people running the whole thing to lie about it.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Zeta Taskforce posted:

After a couple days of extremely casual research into this market, it seems like a solid play, especially while current prices are still dipped.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

It's gonna be weird when Newsom wins his own recall election but it's an easy 20%.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
As I understand it CA SoS will update the current official sig tally tonight, so the play should be to buy up No now in the 20s and dump it during the ensuing panic when all the yes holders start freaking out.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
Stupid question but when people in the comments discuss B1/B2/B3/B4 etc, what is that referring to? How do I know whether an option is "A1" or "B6" or w/e

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Manchin... Thank you.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Jay-V posted:

Stupid question but when people in the comments discuss B1/B2/B3/B4 etc, what is that referring to? How do I know whether an option is "A1" or "B6" or w/e

Refers to the brackets. Vox Nihili made bank betting on B1 in that screenshot. B2 would be the "50-52" bracket and so on until Bmax is the one on the bottom.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Manchin... Thank you.

sell while you can, they'll get romney. take the money

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
OK thank you i thought it was more complicated than that for some reason

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

sell while you can, they'll get romney. take the money

I would have sold at 80c if I had caught it in time.

Zero chance any Republican steps over Manchin, though. Biden would have to flip Manchin at this point.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Merlot Brougham posted:

As I understand it CA SoS will update the current official sig tally tonight, so the play should be to buy up No now in the 20s and dump it during the ensuing panic when all the yes holders start freaking out.

helloooooooo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Gavin Newsom Recall Sigs (by period via SoS): 06/10-07/03 35,460
07/04-08/03 19,238
08/04-09/03 352
09/04-10/06 308
10/07-11/05 230
11/06-12/07 442,148
12/08-01/06 226,004
01/07-02/05 370,717
TOTAL 1,094,457
PROCESSED 798,310
VALID 668,202 (83.7%)
NEEDED 1,495,709

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Are you guys buying the Yes dip on the Newsom recall?