Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Yeah I put a buy at .53 when you posted the SoS update and it just filled, may still have room to fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I'm still wary, do we know exactly how many votes the organizers say are coming?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Looking at the order book I think .52-.50 might be a floor

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

i say swears online posted:

sell while you can, they'll get romney. take the money

Is the goon advice here to Short B1 and Bet on B2?

Also, the Newsom recall seems really risky right now at 50/50. Checking the math, that's another 800k votes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/akoseff/status/1362947996195819521?s=19
https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?lang=en

i cannot get my brain to focus on market research

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is the goon advice here to Short B1 and Bet on B2?

I think there's a >75% chance that Neera is toast at this point. I don't see any Republicans risking their neck for her when a number of their colleagues openly hate her and a Democrat has come out against her nomination.

Other goons will likely have different thoughts on the matter.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

either they have the votes or she voluntarily removes her name from consideration very soon

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

got another hat email

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

got another hat email

Hahahahaha same

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

Vox Nihili posted:

Hahahahaha same

I did not. What's the scoop on these latest hat emails?

If it's about their photo contest, my vote goes for recreating the Burt Reynolds bearskin rug photo, with tasteful placement of a Predictit hat of course.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Merlot Brougham posted:

I did not. What's the scoop on these latest hat emails?

If it's about their photo contest, my vote goes for recreating the Burt Reynolds bearskin rug photo, with tasteful placement of a Predictit hat of course.

Apparently my third hat is arriving Wednesday. :confuoot:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
If anyone is game to sell me one of their extra hats (a dark/black one would be cool) for a non-exorbitant price, I'd love to snag one from ya.

I need a constant reminder of my terrible, terrible bets.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Vox!!!!!!

I went back and looked through my spam folder again, found an email from the 20th (that wasn't the first offer eh?). For what its worth this one says you need to maintain 3K with them through March 1 to qualify. When I click through I see the hats/mask, but there isnt any link to actually *get* the hat. Its like one more step in the tease. I'm guessing the blank implies I'm very late and its out of stock.

Dunno why google lets through their daily spam, but had to catch the hat offer. It came from predictit@predictit.org as well, but the display name was "The PredictIt Team".

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Vox Nihili posted:

I will double check as well. While my hat(s) issue was resolved due to my proactive bitching, my mask is not the color requested. Will definitely be firing off irate emails until the issue is rectified.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I am now in on the Newsom recall market on No after Yes went to 70c+. I think the recall campaign is only submitting signatures they have internally verified but is reporting total figures that include the signatures they have already set aside.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 05:05 on Feb 21, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Basically relying on this guy to do the analysis for me.

https://twitter.com/rpyers/status/1362928380958547971

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
The market volume is low enough to make things interesting if a few well timed moves were made. Just sayin'.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Looking at the a little deeper but the Recall Election Organizers :airquote: claim :airquote: that have enough signatures. They just haven't validated them yet.

https://twitter.com/thatnesler/status/1362923911894102019?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god I hate neera so much why do I continue to lose so much money on her

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

the minute I start to feel emotional about a market I get the gently caress out because it's going to impair my judgment and lose me money

neera may or may not be responsible for adopting this rule

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I was doing the thing! I was impartial! I was long her despite my personal animosity! Now I hope Manchin imminent domains her house

watch biden find a 50th vote today

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

some of my best friends are neera!

classic overcompensation

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I even learned some famous neera spirituals

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/1363912115539558407?s=21 they also opened a new market without the March 1 time constraint https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7134/Who-will-be-the-next-Senate-confirmed-OMB-Director

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I was doing the thing! I was impartial! I was long her despite my personal animosity! Now I hope Manchin imminent domains her house

watch biden find a 50th vote today

Romney confirmed he's a nay btw

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Newsom market's pushing back to 80. Sold off everything but some now-house-money yes shares I bought sub .60 during the dip after flipping the no's.

Glad I started paying attention to this one. Thanks for the heads up, Zeta.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Time to count all the money I made on Neera Death.

I'm rich bitch!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

Romney confirmed he's a nay btw

yeah that's what made me sell

Vox Nihili posted:

Time to count all the money I made on Neera Death.

I'm rich bitch!!!

i didn't want to put money on the things i wanted to happen irl!! agh

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

yeah that's what made me sell

That's what I'm telling myself, that I would've made emotional mistakes playing that market that were worse than sitting on my hands

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

It's fun to see Republicans respond to why they won't vote for Neera, because of her mean tweets!

I guess that means there won't be any goons in office either :smith:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Full disclosure: I had 4,000 shares a few days ago (before Manchin announced he was a no) and decided I was too exposed, so I trimmed down to 2,000. That little maneuver cost me about $1,500.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
hahaha raimondo NO is a lock now :getin:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol neera

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Merlot Brougham posted:

Newsom market's pushing back to 80. Sold off everything but some now-house-money yes shares I bought sub .60 during the dip after flipping the no's.

Glad I started paying attention to this one. Thanks for the heads up, Zeta.

Yeah, and I probably have the highest basis of everyone here. 77 cents because I bought a week ago. Congrats to all of you who bought on the dip.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

So, :wtf: is 80 Yes on Newsom's Recall just dumb MAGA money or people who won't read beyond headlines?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

So, :wtf: is 80 Yes on Newsom's Recall just dumb MAGA money or people who won't read beyond headlines?

FWIW, I'm yes on this. This isn't a perfect analogy, but I remember how awful early 2017 was and how Democrats kept chasing all these special elections that didn't pan out, but there was all this frantic energy mixed with panic, money, and the urge to do something. MAGA is all in on this, they need a victory and I think they get it. But it will be a pyrrhic victory. They force a vote, but there is no way Newsom loses. Another analogy, remember how many times Wisconsin Democrats tried to recall Scott Walker? Newsom hasn't been that great on COVID and you just have to say the words "French Laundry" to make 30% of Californian's blood boil. Forcing a recall isn't all that hard when the other side is bitter and motivated, pulling it off is another matter.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it wasnt that long ago a california democratic governor got recalled and replaced by *checks notes* arnold schwarzenegger

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

There's a solid chunk of dumb MAGA money if the comments are anything to go by.

I think No is great value at 20c. Just don't come looking for me if you lose $850 on it!

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

I wonder exactly how many people truly think their financial willpower can sway reality.

I do believe this market will ultimately resolve Yes, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

I think No is great value at 20c. Just don't come looking for me if you lose $850 on it!

Ah hah!

For those odds, putting a little down does make sense. While I don't care for Newsom personally even as someone who leans left I do agree with other posters that he'll get an easy re-election.

Gucci Loafers has issued a correction as of 14:35 on Feb 23, 2021