Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Could we get a few words and a picture for the paper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
https://youtu.be/yhCD9qxlczo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Everyone knows the true honors are the princess Kay of the milky way pageant and the 4h llama costume contest.

The pageant is for daughters of dairy farmers and all the finalists get their bust carved out of a giant block of butter.

The llama costume contest is exactly what it sounds like
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/30/check-out-these-llamas-and-alpacas-all-cute-in-costume-at-the-minnesota-state-fair/

E. You're rinky dink state fair might suck rear end but the Minnesota one is something really incredible. Last year I got to see Parliament there

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Berries are rad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SeXReX posted:

Everyone knows the true honors are the princess Kay of the milky way pageant and the 4h llama costume contest.

The pageant is for daughters of dairy farmers and all the finalists get their bust carved out of a giant block of butter.

The llama costume contest is exactly what it sounds like
https://www.twincities.com/2018/08/30/check-out-these-llamas-and-alpacas-all-cute-in-costume-at-the-minnesota-state-fair/

E. You're rinky dink state fair might suck rear end but the Minnesota one is something really incredible. Last year I got to see Parliament there

This is truly strange but someone just told me about this the other day? Like seriously said to me the exact words you just typed. I live in loving Oregon. :psyduck:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Haha thanks, Person. I've been training hard all year and many a pickle has been lick'd, but it's all been worth it. I hope to lick even more pickles next year. Also stop on by the downtown Minnetonka Rug Emporium if you want to talk about pickles or pick up a great deal on a new carpet. Thanks! See you next fair!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Haha thanks, Person. I've been training hard all year and many a pickle has been lick'd, but it's all been worth it. I hope to lick even more pickles next year. Also stop on by the downtown Minnetonka Rug Emporium if you want to talk about pickles or pick up a great deal on a new carpet. Thanks! See you next fair!

Username/post just jives so nicely.

:bravo:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Today I learned Minnesota owns, apparently.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That’s a ill joint. :slick:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I watched the entire llama costume contest this year. I learned that llamas use "communal poop piles" and have a tendency to stop and try to go if they pass one, really held things up.

Like 4 years ago I saw Blue Oyster Cult and when I was 13 my dad took me to see the Pink Floyd DSotM laser light show :2bong:

There's a stand that sells you cookies by the literal bucketfull and the power move is to take them over to the one that does unlimited milk refills.

6 or so years ago a trend started for local craft breweries to do fair exclusive beers, the reigning champ being the mini donut beer served in a cinnamon sugar rimmed glass.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I CAME HERE TO EAT rear end AND CHEW BUBBLEBUM AND LICK PICKLES AND I FORGOT MY BUBBLEGUM IN THE CAR AND WELL I GUESS I'M A GOOD MULTITASKER ANYWAYS THANK YOU VERY MUCH

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

2018 was a rough year for me, I won't lie to you. The lawnchair factory closed, leaving me jobless. Then it burnt down, leaving me homeless.

Things looked bad. I needed something in my life, and that thing was licking pickles. Just one to start, then two, and so on.

The referee there just told me I licked 348 pickles, that's a new personal best for me. But next year I'd love to lick 350. Heck, crank that up to 400.

Thanks and Hail Satan!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
also i'm still up for licking some more pickles, i'll be at my car in lot 4a all afternoon

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Fancy Hat posted:

2018 was a rough year for me, I won't lie to you. The lawnchair factory closed, leaving me jobless. Then it burnt down, leaving me homeless.

Things looked bad. I needed something in my life, and that thing was licking pickles. Just one to start, then two, and so on.

The referee there just told me I licked 348 pickles, that's a new personal best for me. But next year I'd love to lick 350. Heck, crank that up to 400.

Thanks and Hail Satan!

And still just a drop in the bucket lol. :gbsmith:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Mozi posted:

also i'm still up for licking some more pickles, i'll be at my car in lot 4a all afternoon

Do some basic joke research next time before you embarrass yourself

The parking lots are named after farm animals

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
aw, sassafrass!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
ah 1, ah 2, 3 ... *crunch*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAvSXS5H0E

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
SexyRexy, taking the fair just a little bit seriously.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Literally A Person posted:

SexyRexy, taking the fair just a little bit seriously.

Deep fried food on a stick is no joke. Don't even get me started on the great corn dog vs pronto pup debate.

Have something we can all laugh at
http://www.citypages.com/arts/bill-cosby-rapeseed-art-censored-at-the-mn-state-fair-7625632

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

quote:

When creating the now banned piece, he was struck by sudden inspiration. Like many, Rindo has been following the allegations against Cosby, as over 40 women have come forward with sexual assault incidents spanning some 40 or so years.

"I thought, ‘God, I should do a Bill Cosby,’" he tells Huffington Post. "Then I realized the wordplay thing.”

He settled on a portrait of Bill Cosby. The material he used was critical for the piece. With the intent of sparking conversation, Rindo decided to use canola seeds, a.k.a. rapeseed, to create a work in Cosby's likeness.

That's an lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
conversation status: sparked

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

the real lol is that the judges didn't get it until after it was on display and they had it explained to them

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
it was an honor just to be nominated

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
GAH!

Motherfucker, never wake up a sleepwalker like that!

Where am I? What is this taste in my mouth?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

All those years of practice in the truck stop bathroom's glory hole finally paid off.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
More like Pickle Rickin' right?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Love watching a good pickle licking.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler
I'm a driver. I'm a winner. Things are going to change...I can feel it.

chicka chicka chicka

sooooyyyyyyyy

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'd like to thank my father who taught me everything I know about blindfolded pickle-lickin'.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
For twelve years, you have been asking: Wh

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
“God drat I love pickles.” - Me, the winner of the Minnesota Sate Fair Pickle Lickin’ Contest

InevitableCheese fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 25, 2018

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

id lick the bumps off that pickle

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

id lick the bumps off that pickle

not if i lick em first gently caress off

edit: that was rude and i am very sorry

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
whoops thought this was the deep throating pickle contest. haha

*inhales pickles on the way out*

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

whoops thought this was the deep throating pickle contest. haha

*inhales pickles on the way out*

excuse me sire you're going to have to burp that one back up for the rest of us

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

well jerk my gherkin

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

InevitableCheese posted:

“God drat I love pickles.”

...he said as he hoisted his third straight golden pickle award high above his head.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
These pickles are making me thirsty!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B9PAIMvce8

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 25, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wait, it was a contest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU