Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Is there a summary of the previous two games that doesn't involve going through multiple ~150 part LPs? I'm interested, but I'm not that interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Komaru, confronted with this new situation, once again doesn't know what the gently caress.

I can relate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Blind Sally posted:

my interest here is kinda because of the whole "oh dear" reaction of crow and Fedule.

Same. I would've totally ignored this if no one had groaned.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

So everyone's fine with all that, but this game inspires groans? What are we in for here?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Those do match the job names from Dragon Quest III. On the other hand, they're also completely generic, so who knows?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I think she might have some self-esteem issues. Just a hunch.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Is it Loss? I'm not sure what it is, so I'm going to assume it's Loss.

It's Loss.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

So we didn't see a corpse and no one is going to confirm the death, huh?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I was wondering when this would go off the rails.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I don't feel like I'm really missing anything by not being familiar with the previous games in the series. The connections that exist so far seem mostly like bonuses for people who know the background rather than anything important for understanding what's going on.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Hell of a place to stick a Simpsons reference.