Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Ah, yes. This game.

I really do not like this game, despite liking the mainline series, and it really has to do with one thing: This game sucks at being a third person shooter. Clunky, Messy, and not at all stylish like the mainline series.

I know DanganRonpa puts in silly, and honestly subpar, minigames in their classroom trial sections, but nobody really likes them. They are mostly tolerated for the sake of changing up the pace, albeit very poorly. Now imagine you make a game focusing on those minigames by taking out the Non-Stop Debates, and Ultra Despair Girls is what you get.

I wouldn't mind if Spike Chunsoft was half-way decent at making any sort of Action Games, but they aren't. And it really shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

I assume the people of Danganronpa are not sane by real world standards. Even in the mainline series, people forget the fact that Monokuma is dangerous real fast and do their own Dating Game poo poo between the murders. poo poo, murders happen during those Dating Game poo poo. You'd think people would be a bit more tense about being killed a moments notice.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Fedule posted:

My favourite random funfact about this game is that while Danganronpas 1 and 2 are consistent in their use of the verbiage "The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History" to describe the big despair event, Ultra Despair Girls frequently refers to it as "The Worst, Most Despair-inducing Incident in the History of Mankind", which is what it was called in orenronen's translation LP of DR1.

orenronen's translation is more direct, while the official translation is a bit more Woolseyish. The original text is 人類史上最大最悪の絶望的事件 , and you can see how long and convulted it is. It is meant to be a very tongue-in-cheek phrase, and I see that the official translate considered this factor, while orenronen opted for a more word-to-word translatio for his LP, to be more informative.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

So everyone's fine with all that, but this game inspires groans? What are we in for here?

The billion dollar question every Danganronpa player asks, but nobody answers. Sums up the series as a whole.