Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Ok, I think I can see why Monaca and Subject N are sharing avatar space now.

I've heard a lot of things about this game. Let's see what it ends up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Theoretically, shouldn't Touko have someone in the city as well? She doesn't seem to care too much about that.

(Unless her first video was Genocide Jack as well.)

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

How many "leaders" have there been before this? :ohdear:

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

The answer, mentioned somewhere in the TIPS, is one of maliced Dojima/Hiyama.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

curiousCat posted:

Then why is she off in front of the cargo lift?

This update from that LP has the answer.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

curiousCat posted:

That shows how she could have got there, not how she did.

:shrug: That's really all the answer you're going to get, given the circumstances.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I'm not sure what it says that the moment he appeared my instant reaction was "welp, he's dead".

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Haiji seems like the living incarnation of "it can't be helped". I assume that's intentional

Also, Haiji's going to look extremely dumb if it turns out the (possibly inadvertent) mole was Shirokuma all along.

Since apparently Masaru had a 'diorama' as well, I bet Monaca's going to have one of the other Warriors of Light for ultimate homeroom despair.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, I remember Shirokuma said he painted his body white, but then why is there a Monokuma that's all black? Did the kids just conveniently decide to do the reverse?

I've just been operating under the assumption that Shirokuma's a possibly-unwitting mole because of that. Now that the "sacrifice" happened, it's tilting a little more towards unwitting, but still.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I'm not sure where Operation "work with (probably) Monaca to make Monokuma Maids so I can turn into budget Nagito" ever seemed like a good plan.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

So Komaru's just going to completely ignore the bloody letters that weren't exactly heavily blurred that said "Komaru Makoto"? She clearly recognized them as letters, and generally people should be able to recognize their own name on sight, without having to call on Toko to help.

Like, I suppose it was probably more blurred kanji in the original version, but still.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

mycelia posted:

Granted the image quality's not great, but here: ('Komaru' in hiragana, and then what I assume is 'Makoto', but I genuinely can't read it. The only part I can clearly read is the 'Ko' in Komaru)

I don't wanna bag on the localisation team too much, but this happened in the first game too, with Syo's signature message. I know it's significantly more effort to make something look legitimately scribbled in blood than it is to put some filters on a font and call it a day, but it does kind of lessen the impact.

I'll be honest, turning that upside down, sideways, and any which way, I can't actually read that. Doesn't seem to look like it'd map to the same message, either, though that might just be the blur. I can see the 'ru', kind of, but that 'to' and the 'ma's are incredibly blurred.

They should have at least tossed on more blur for the localization.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Nice touch that all the other Warriors of Hope diaries say "beware of X" while Monaca's just says "everyone loves Monaca".

Also, I'm amused that somehow they all got their own personalized style notebooks...with a slot to add your name in at the bottom.

It looks like that last break/break colouration is the same setup as the Monokuma face, also nice.

I'm honestly surprised that Big Bang Monokuma didn't have a backdoor set up by Monaca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

On a side note, didn't all that information about Towa Group being part of the Incident just get televised live? Basically at Haiji's demand?