Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

FPzero posted:

His death would be much stronger if he were treated as a recurring character and died at some point later in the story. Instead, he's nothing more than a story reminder that the bracelet on Komaru will explode if she tries to leave.

I may be wrong since I don't know what's coming ahead, but I don't get the sense that this scene was meant to be anything other than just reminding us that those bracelets are for real and that nobody is safe. I doubt the writers meant for you to feel any attachment to Yuta since it was so obvious he was going to bite it the moment he insisted on swimming on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have to wonder if that's a specific reference to Sayaka's backstory.

Nah, idol obsessors are just weird like that.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I'll never get tired of Komaru boasting how smart she is to small children.

(Update on previous page)

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I got so into the fight with Jotaro and the cliffhanger afterwards that I completely forgot about Chihiro's father only a few minutes earlier. Kinda weird that they'd do the thing about introducing a past character's relative and then killing them in the same scene a second time! It has even less an impression than the first.

Can't wait for the next chapter, when Komaru starts becoming addicted to drawing blood! ...I joke, but this series is so unsubtle about everything that they might actually imply her getting just a little angry is a sign of her going completely overboard.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Between Celes' cat, Monaca's 'unique' form of reassurance (which would almost be sweet in a twisted way if I didn't think she's just lying about caring about the other kids) , and Kurokuma, I don't know what to comment on first.

I'll be surprised if 'Monokuma but painted entirely black' doesn't end up being the final fight in the game, or at least being a part of it.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Best-case scenario at this point, it comes and goes as quickly as Masaru and Jotaro's 'issues'. ...But somehow I just know this game is going to linger on it so much more than necessary with all the lack of tact in the world. I'd be happy to be wrong! ...But I'm not holding my breath.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Magner, I get what you're saying but telling everyone to stop reading the thread and telling the LPer to stop playing is still very rude.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I do look forward to things only going up, at least.

To comment on anything other than the minigame, I was thinking on Genocider's fight with Denture-Shooting-Gungirl was a nice refresher from the usual robot fight. But then the robot fight happened anyway and so nevermind that.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

SSNeoman posted:

Speculation:
1) Monaca is not crippled, that's just yet another act.
2) Monaca is actually like in her 20s because the way she is manipulating Nagisa seems very adult-like.
3) All those Monokuma helmets are actually mind control devices or something.

I'm betting on all three of these being true.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Blue Labrador posted:

If nothing else, we actually see her be the antagonist during the game

Technically you saw that in the form of Monokuma, but I get your point.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Oh, I was partially still under the impression that Monaca was going to perform necromancy.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The eyes are just a quirk of the art-style. ...Unless it turns out later it's not, but I doubt that.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Disappointed that fiddling with these remotes is just for moving big robot-shaped blocks out of the way instead of actually playing rock-em sock-em with these machines you've been fighting.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder what would happen if you locked Junko and Nagito in a room.

Depends if it's 'regular' Komaeda or his even more insane despair-filled self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

So to summarise, this anime can be and is pretty entertaining, but it also kind of sucks.