Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Lord_Magmar posted:

Might as well give the shorthand of the other reformed henchmen. A pink haired shark toothed mechanic who is kind of a creep, an actual European princess said mechanic creeps on who loves old Japanese drama/media, the son of the biggest Yakuza family boss in Japan, a naturally gifted in more ways than one female gymnast who only cares about eating and fighting, and some guy.

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'd already elaborated on the some guy, who is also an artificially created super genius meant to be the "Ultimate Hope" but mostly just became the "Ultimate Talent" and a whole bunch of boredom. Thankfully, he was fixed.

Oh, right. I didn't see it before.

I never played this game, so I'm looking forward to seeing what makes people go

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Don't skip. This is my first time hearing about Ultimate Despair Hagakure and I'm curious to see what it is.

The thing I like about this game is the various Monoku-man, at least in theory. The execution might be flawed due to the wonkiness, but I like the concept of using the game elements as a puzzle. It reminds me of Nazo Puyo in that way.

I also like what they do with Toko, but it's a shame that Jack/Sho doesn't get to do much.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Fun fact: the opening for Future side from the 2nd episode onwards is actually different than the one for the 1st. It actually has more color! And the survivor count obviously will be different with each episode.

Also interesting to note that in the video, when the lights turns on, the traitor is in the same exact position as...Kirigiri. Is she the traitor? Keep watching to find out (I'm not actually going to give out any spoiler, but let's just say that there were many theories from that video.)

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Another point to the "somebody else" theory is that the count for survivors in the intro doesn't accurately reflect the people trapped in the building; it has an extra one person. You're meant to believe that the extra person is Hagakure (who's trapped outside the building, but some people thought otherwise.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Honest question here: Is this debate a Japanese manners thing about it being rude to not accept gifts even if it will literally kill you? Because otherwise this isn't even a debate, it's just Ruruka being extremely lovely (and technically Sonozuke too, but that would require him not being just an extension of her).

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

The opening to Despair Side actually changes significantly starting from the last episode TheMcD covered.

Not having seen UDG before watching the episode dedicated to it makes thus episode very confusing. Because of your LP, I have a newfound appreciation for Monaka going to space

And for some reason the punished Warriors of Hope just show up without any explanation or dialogue. Okay then.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Searching underwears for scraps of paper is one thing, but tasting the saliva of a corpse is a whole different ballpark.

Koichi: Ace Attorney

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Note that the switches room is in the room with Monolisa, which means it's also the room with the "exit."

What I'm saying is that Kirigiri's death is her fault for not bothering to check the room completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

So every new character introduced in this game (including real Chiaki) died beside Ryota and Kyosuke while all of the cast from previous games are alive. Unlike the games, plot armors are in full effect for this anime.

I don't like how they just handwave the DR2 character being out of a coma. It makes that game's murders feel cheap.

That Gundam trivia is nice, though