Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

The writers have said that the excecutions are more representations designed to look/weird than what is actually happening to the person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheMcD posted:

Burn is just a straight shot. I think you can shoot it faster than Break, and it might have some situational use where you need to burn something, though I honestly don't remember. I didn't replay the game going into this LP to keep things a bit fresh for myself as well.

Burn is your machine gun bullets, they're for if you have poor aim, need to take put a junk monokuma without any batteries or just feel like some :blastu:

Are spoilers from Danganrompa 3 Despair side allowed considering it happened in the past?

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, I think the major problem here is that the ammo situation just doesn't work for a guy like me, who has a weird obsession with getting Nice Shots and collecting Monocoins and therefore never uses Genocide Jack, which would save a lot of ammo.

Oh, on the topic of Monocoins, here's a fun fact regarding the amount of Monocoins I'm collecting. The Steam version of Ultra Despair Girls has achievements, as is to be expected. Here are some achievements and the rate at which owners of the game on Steam have achieved them:

- Collect 100 Monocoins: 85.8%
- Finish Chapter 1: 70.2%
- Finish Chapter 2: 60.4%
- Finish Chapter 3: 56.0%
- Finish Chapter 4: 49.8%
- Finish Chapter 5: 47.9%
- Finish all chapters (basically just means the epilogue as well): 47.6%
- Collect 10000 Monocoins: 7.1%

I got that achievement for collecting 10000 Monocoins before finishing Chapter 2. I am loving determined to get that cash.
:monocle:

You're a madman

I didn't get that trophy till midway through the 4th chapter

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

DeafNote posted:

I have no idea what this chapter 3 talk could be about.... I am worried

Chapter 3 is the top-tier of messed up and the make or break point for most people's enjoyment of the game.

When people slam the game this is usually the point they choose.

As much as I like the game it's not without merit. :(

It doesn't get that bad again afterwards so if you can make it through this you'll be fine with the rest of the game.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

You really didn't need the upgrades for Genocider, I didn't buy any of them until I had all of the Bling Bullets and I barley noticed the difference after.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheMcD posted:

Kotoko was clearly having some real trouble trying to work out how to come to terms with the fact that she still considers Monaca to be the princess that everybody should love unconditionally and the fact that it's very clear Monaca isn't telling the other Warriors of Hope the whole truth and is obviously hiding something. Of course, then Monaca deployed the nuclear option and PTSD'd Kotoko back into servitude, the same nuclear option she then also deployed on Nagisa. The difference here being that Kotoko wasn't completely mindfucked, just really angry at the Demons, whereas Nagisa was properly mindfucked and just acting in a sort of haze at the end of Chapter 4.

I thought Kotoko never bought Monaca's act and only went along with it because she was terrified of her.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Considering what sort of people make up the rest of the Togami family from the light novels I can believe that.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheMcD posted:

Despair 2: Akane and Nekomaru have a fight in the classroom, which bums Chiaki out because the entire class is so crazy, there's no real way to make friends for her. Chisa tells her to use her video games to make friends. Chisa and Kyosuke seem to have some sort of ulterior motive at Hope's Peak. Chisa and Kazuo talk to Makoto in an attempt to boost his confidence regarding his lack of talent. Chiaki ends up making friends with the rest of the class with her video games and gets elected to be class rep. Natsumi, Fuyuhiko's sister, is introduced in the Reserve Course.

Hajime

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Quicksilver6 posted:

I still find it very strange that hope and despair are almost worshipped in this world. I keep grasping for some meaning or allegory it represents but at this point it seems to just represent the main conflict in the plot.

It's meant to be an allegory/parody for cults of personality and idol worship. It has been a bit distorted admittedly.

And you could argue breaks towards the end but spoilers

One of the things with Danganronpa is that the people who obsess over 'Hope' or 'Despair' are almost always shown to be wrong, malicious or outright insane.

For as much as Makoto is 'The Ultimate Hope' he doesn't overly talk about hope so much as don't give up on life. Komaeda is a parody of 'Makato The Ultimate Hope' and is understandably insane.

The Future Foundation is run by a lot of the higher-ups of Hopes Peak and Ultimates who were taught to follow their creed, and are as much responsible for Junko's reign of terror as she is.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The only thing really bugs me is the only reason all of this got to even this point is that every single person in the anime is absolutely a pile of trash with no between their ears to rub together.

That's always been the case from the moment the expanded on anything concerning the people who ran Hopes Peak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

TheMcD posted:

Finally, "why force Ryota to not use his talent through the forbidden actions?".

There's also the point that it draws Ryota's attention to the fact he could use the anime to stop everything.

Everyone seemingly goes crazy from despair and kills each other while his bracelet is basically going "Don't you dare make them all stop *Wink**Wink*" to encourage him to get to the point where he is willing to brainwash the world.