Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm in two other games. When I die in both this is my next planned sign up if it hasn't opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, one game over. I'll go ahead and sign up since this one will probably not start for a bit yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Wow, that was fast.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votefinder in OP please.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

If you were to randomly shoot anyone you should definitely randomly shoot king burgundy

Especially if it ends the day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Hey so I have something to reveal. I don't want to dominate the conversation for the entire day, so I won't reveal it yet (but I will later today). To make sure bad things don't happen to me: there is a particular person who I am quite certain is scum. And they might have a vig. If someone vigs me today, before I get to say my thing please lynch them tia.
The same applies if anyone else is vigged by an action that ends the day, and I don't survive until tomorrow.

(rip jokephase)

Exciting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

merk posted:

I watched Buffy but didn’t watch Angel. Please read my horoscope based on this information.

You missed out.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gISEekxuEgk

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Atomic Soda posted:

that post felt dismissive to the thoughts of a new player and discouraging them from posting imo. i agree with you about dancer.

I disagree that this was happening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Toalpaz posted:

There's nothing to be sorry about, we're just playing a game. It's all WIFOM when it gets right down to it.

I don't mean to be overly aggressive, we can chat about other things. Does anyone have one of those content games that usually happen day one? AA perhaps?

If you could shoot anyone right now, who would it be and why?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

You should know better than to click on anything imgay links.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Since Dancer was told he can quote the discord, I want to see the actual conversation. Dancer and Ecco have described two different things at this point, so the actual convo will be enlightening.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I copped b-, he scum.

##vote b-

##vote bminus

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Coolio. Apologies if I have a very hard time believing you at this moment.

What in particular do you find unbelievable?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

willie_dee posted:

Right, but surely a better tactic would be to wait for scum to post a bit, see who b- goes for, then reveal it. Maybe breadcrumb a bit so you can show that you had this pegged from the start of the day?

I'm not asking to poo poo on you, I just thought that was how a Cop should be played, am I wrong?

I agree with this. But it's Pig, he's gonna do his own thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

You know what, I’ll come out and say it. I’m also an investigative role and I got a scum read for Toalpaz. That’s another reason I’m suspicious of cpig’s claim.

##Vote Toalpaz

Throwing these cards on the table.

Interesting!

CapitalistPig posted:

NOOOO dammit jimmy WHYYYYY.

uggh.

Ok I was lying to see how people reacted.

This is a very frequent activity for me in mafia games.

##unvote
##vote Toal

You shouldn't say anything like that, you should just let me do my thing.

I thought b- would respond right away because he posted only a few minutes before me.

Welp! Content created I guess.

peep those reactions to my cop claim!

##vote Toal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Oh right jimmy WAS doing what I thought he was. Cool!

And yeah fuckin called it.

##vote Toalpaz

Still suss on pig as the whole thing seemed like a cop fish.

Naw. Doubt that was his intent. It's just Pig.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

With this claim, I know you’re full of poo poo.

You were right that this was a gambit.

My role isn’t a cop, but a gunsmith. I can investigate people at night and determine whether or not they have the ability to kill. You came back positive. If you claimed vig or something, maybe I would’ve let up, but your claim as VT sealed the deal. You’re scum.

:boom:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Mm. But that plus the “ugh jimmy whyyyy” stuff feels very hamfisted. Everything that played out today only worked to out a cop. Not sweeping that under a meta read any time soon.

Fair.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I feel good that Jimmy is town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Toal talks a great game, but I think Toal is scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

well i was hoping they flipped something more exciting

Bowmore is rarely exciting these days.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

yeah I guess. maybe i'm wrong about gaspy. I was actually gonna quote a few toalpaz posts, but after rereading his posts it seems like he's operating with extra information.

i was gonna bring this up earlier but never got around to posting it. take a look at the votes for toalpaz:

Toalpaz (6): jimmydalad, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Asphyxious, A Sometimes Food, CapitalistPig, Kitiara, hambeet

I think king burgundy and asf look the worst. ei personally would say that they are lurking this game. specially kb, he didn't even seem to question the result, even though there were already multiple cop claims made earlier. if jimmy's result is real and toal flips scum, it's possible that scum sensed the inevitable and voted early.

No, I always look good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

Shouldn't end the day before lurker rules kick in at 12 hours before deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

why does it matter

I mean, it's pretty obvious Toal is trying to self hammer and end the day early.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

As for other scum reads.

I know the whole deal with KB's new meta, but even with new meta, I absolutely expect him to comment a great deal more in early days when there's actual significant content to comment on. This game has had about as much content on D1/D2 as a game can possibly have, and then he comes with posts like "Interesting!

vote"

I'm also keeping an eye out on hambeet, this content lurking should be triggering him hard, but he didn't mention KB in either of his scum lists.

Feel free to continue to expect things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Are you gonna act like I'm the only one to ever make a meta argument/that meta arguments are universally meaningless because if yes then lol.

I'm not sure how you get that from my response.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

I made a meta argument. I explained how I believe your meta works, and how you behave, and what I expect that behaviour to look like. I presented a hypothesis. You're like "lol nice try". Didn't bother engaging, just "yeah what you're saying has zero value to me".

Nope. Didn't even engage with your meta argument, other than to say your expectations for me are not going to be met. None of that has anything to do with whatever it is you said I was saying the first time, nor what you are saying this time. People keep telling me not to talk about my meta, so I'm not going to.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Responding to someone in a way that has nothing to do with the thing they said is not a productive way to communicate. Which might be useful in, you know, mafia. Where town communicate with each other to figure out things they don't know, because they are at an information disadvantage.

I guess you may want to avoid that if you're not the one at that disadvantage.

This is silly, but I'll do you the favor of snipping out what I was responding to, which maybe will help you read it. I thought it was pretty obvious already given the words I said, but hey. :)

Dancer posted:

I absolutely expect him to comment a great deal more in early days

King Burgundy posted:

Feel free to continue to expect things.

Like I even re-used the same word you used, which is a signal for what I was responding to. But somehow you turned that into me saying meta arguments are bad. Like, where would that even come from?

You've now made me type way too many words for D2. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Are you actually implying that you weren't saying my argument (which is a meta argument) was wrong (I.e. That I see your expected behaviour as X, your behaviour in this game as Y, there's a mismatche, ergo I'm suspect of you)? No, you didn't literally say the words "that argument is wrong", but when you use the tone you did there, it's hard not to infer it.

No, THIS is a correct interpretation. I said feel free to expect me to post more in the early game, regardless of your expectations, it is generally not going to happen. So yes, that translates as, you are wrong.

But what you responded with initially made it sound like you thought I was saying meta arguments are bad. Which is something I disagree with entirely and I don't even see how you'd get there.

Look again at what you said. It doesn't match up at all:

Dancer posted:

Are you gonna act like I'm the only one to ever make a meta argument/that meta arguments are universally meaningless because if yes then lol.

Dropping it here. No more words from me on this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I kinda miss when I posted enough to get lurker guns handed to me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Also, it looked like scum targeted the person that Toal copped yesterday iirc. Do SK JOATs have coping abilities?

No, that is pretty unlikely. Toal would have been lying about AS.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Godfathers, traditionally, are only exempt from actual cop investigations.

I am getting more and more suspicious of AA, tunneling on ecco as if dancer couldn't possibly be scum.

Ecco also just brought up some pretty good points a few posts up.

I think ##vote AA is a drat solid vote today.

I really don't agree on Dancer. I can't imagine a scum doing what he did.

I agree on AA though.

##vote AA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

oh no kb are you scum, say it isn't so

it isn't so

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jimmydalad posted:

Looking back at KB’s posts, most of them have only been one or two lines either expressing agreement or disagreement without really contributing anything of his own and only expanding when he was put under suspicion by Dancer and was dismissive of his arguments. I can honestly see this as him trying appear somewhat active while not really putting his own thoughts out there and somewhat lurking to try and take attention off himself. While not enough for me to be as suspicious of him as AA, I still have him on my radar as more likely scum than most people in game.

Cool.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

yeah i'm open to peoples opinions on this. i'd like to here from kit first, they might have something interesting to say. if i dont like what's happening after they appear (or they don't appear) i still will probably shoot because it's pointless having a lurker mechanic if it's not used.

i shot bowmore early specifically because it looks like he had no intention of posting

FWIW, Kit is unlikely to be much of a poster and that isn't alignment specific.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

I'm struggling.

you've made very few posts this game that are substantive, that is, a post that comments on the game in a way that reflects you reading it and thinking on it and hoping to contribute something new to the conversation. your only substantive post on day 1 was:

your next and final post on day 1 was an empty vote for imgay.

Day 2 you made three substantive posts about Pig, but they say very little; you trusted Pig's claim and questioned Jimmy's reticence, and then you still trusted Pig when he said he faked it.

you commented briefly on the claims:

and you got into a spat with Dancer about expecting you to post more substance.

you don't have a lot there, and though there's nothing I disagree with, it feels a lot more like you're commenting on the game as an observer rather than actually working through posts and trying to see who is scum.

Yes. These are fair observations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

yay alright so

KB, imgay, and AA.

cool list. I'm starting to wonder if the real story of day 1 was how we almost voted out imgay, scum, before it was redirected to me.

Eh, given we almost got imgay voted out, I think your list is flawed. Since I was on that vote.

Unless you are suggesting I was so confident it wouldn't happen that I bussed him with that vote.

But I'd still vote imgay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kitiara posted:

I was actually thinking, but wouldn't it make sense for everyone to name their characters? Scum wouldn't really know people's skills (see Willow having 0 powers), but we could get an idea of whether someone is likely to be innocent.

We can, it probably is no big deal. But something to keep in mind is a decent mod will seed important/main characters/etc onto the scum team as well, to prevent just mass claiming being a game over scenario. So just because someone claims someone you think is good, it shouldn't matter for their alignment.

• Locked thread