Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Name - B5-LY (Bosley)

Picture

Backstory
B5-LY is a classic case of what happens when people of questionable morals go too long without wiping their droid.

After spending nearly a decade running with a smuggling crew on the outer rim, B5's old crew tried to sell him off when the Imperials began cracking down on illicit cargo runs in the nearby systems. Betrayed and indignant, B5 made the decision to take his chances on his own, stealing a small shuttle and spending the next few months taking odd jobs across the rim.

Eventually, B5 began realizing that without a crew and new skills, his odds of surviving this harsh galaxy were approximately 7,684,321 to poo poo. While scanning job boards at an out of the way port, he overheard whispered rumors of the Rebel Alliance looking for new recruits to train to pilot starfighters in their fleet.

After calculating the risk/reward of acquiring access to military ships and training with teammates likely to have strong moral ethics against betraying and selling their squad-mates for financial gain, versus taking on the Empire, B5 concluded that the most logical choice was to roll the random number generator and sign on with the Rebellion

B5-LY
Pilot Skill: 4
Current Ship: B-wing

Upgrades:
Gryoscopic Cockpit (title)
HLC (Cannon)
Kyle Katarn Crew (Crew/Mod)
Reinforced Frontal Deflectors (Mod)
Improved Barrel Roll (Mod)
Advanced Sensors (System)
Fire Control System (System)
Imprv Targeting SWare (System)
Push The Limit (EPT)
Crackshot (EPT)
Ion Torpedos (Torpedo)
Proton Torpedos (Torpedo)
Adv Proton Torpedos (Torpedo)
Adv Proton Torpedos (Torpedo)

Predator (Tie Fighter)
Predator (Tie Interceptor)

XP Log
pre:
Description:	Change	Current XP
Flying School	+5	5
Covert Ops 	+15	20
PS to 3      	-6	14
Crackshot 	-2	12
Mission 3 	+3	15
PS to 4     	-8	7
Bwing exp	 +4	11
HLCannons 	-7	4
Crew/Mod Hera	-1	3
Adv. Sensors	-3	0
Mission 4	+10	10
REFUND HERA	+1	11
Crew/Mod Katarn	-3	8
R. Frnt Dflctr	-2	6
Plasma Torps	-3	3
Plasma Torps	-3	0 
REFUND P. Torps	6	6
Mission 5	16	24
Pallas Upgrades	-8	14
Mission 6	12	26
Ion Torps	-5	21
Proton Torps	-4	17
Adv Prot Torps	-6	11
Adv Prot Torps	-6	5
Mission 7	26	31
Mission 8	8	39
Mission 9	8	48
Mission 10	17	65
Upgrade to PS5	-10	55
Upgrade to PS6	-12	43
Push The Limit	-6	37
Imprv BRolll	-8	29
FC System	-2	27
Imprv TSWare	-2	25
S2E1 EXP	22	47
DL Turret	-5	42
Eng Team	-4	38

BR0ME0 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

Hilariously, it looks like Rhjamiz and BR0ME0 have managed to pick opposite time availability slots. In an attempt to find a time when everyone is available, how does 7pm EST on Mondays or Tuesdays sound?

Also, as a preview, here's what the first mission briefing will look like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dq3PeMwkPg

Dang. I bartend, so I usually work nights. I could possibly do mondays, or a bit later on saturdays, but I usually have to be in by 5-6pm

I could do most any day morning/afternoon though across the week

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Would Monday work this week, and we can go from there?

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
works for me this week!

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
we good for 7pm EST / 6pm chicagoland time tomorrow?

Any idea how long this session will run for? Might have to head our around 8pm chicagotime

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

B5-LY
Mission XP: 3 Hits + 3 Tie Kills = 6
Failure Penalty -1
Total XP: 5

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Confirming, are we still on tomorrow, and what time again?

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Hey, super sorry for last minute request, but life happened.

Any chance we could push back an hour?

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

https://hotac-ship-builder.netlify.com/ has a good list. Keep in mind that it doesn't have the Pallas unique stuff, but it's got pretty much every rebel pilot skill through the end of 1st edition.

Not seeing pilot abilities on that builder, I'm assuming we're locked to purchasing pilot abilities from only the pilots available for our ships. I didn't see a season cap for this, is there one?

Also, it shows Bwing crew slot as a free upgrade, is that true for us as well?

Edit: Do I get to use both B-wing titles, gyro cockpit and gyro stabilizers, or do I have to choose one?

BR0ME0 fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 9, 2018

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

Pilot skills use Elite Pilot Talent slots. Also, this is for generic HOTAC not Pallas.

Pallas B-Wings have a Modification/Crew slot at the start so you have the choice between filling it with a modification or a crew member.

You can only equip one title at the time unless it says otherwise on the title.

Thanks! Just want to make sure I'm building correctly!

EDIT:

Are we starting with 0 XP, or when we get our ships, are we getting the additional XP as listed in the ship list?
Did we start at PS1, so would it be 10 EXP to get to ps3? (ps2x2 =4 and ps3x2 = 6)

BR0ME0 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 9, 2018

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
B5-LY

Spending 6xp for PS3 and 1xp for Crackshot, updating player post!

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
We meeting at 11 EST or noon, like last week?

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
could do either as well.

Ill pop on at 11EST, and if people aren't on, ill just pop on again later

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
I send this image on all local imperial channels as we jump out

(will adjust crackshot cost when I update next!)

BR0ME0 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 16, 2018

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Able And Aran's All Alien Aegis Wing = The A-Team?

We could paint the Pallas black with a wicked cool red stripe and a spoiler.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

Oh ya, BR0ME0 don't forget to kit out your B-Wing so I can set it up before Monday.

Sorry for the delay!

Updated char post with the following upgrades
pre:
Mission 3 	+3	15
PS to 4     	-8	7
Bwing exp	 +4	11
HLCannons 	-7	4
Crew/Mod Hera	-1	3
Adv. Sensors	-3	0

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

In celebration of BR0ME0 getting his B-Wing up, have a picture of it:

She's.... B-eautiful

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
B5-LY UPGRADES

Updated char post!

pre:
Mission 4	+10	10
REFUND HERA	+1	11
Crew/Mod Katarn	-3	8
R. Frnt Dflctr	-2	6
Plasma Torps	-3	3 
Plasma Torps	-3	0

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm down for that. I want my underslung back at PS6 to maximize its use (Also Corran Horn). S3 A-wing should be a monster but man is it slow to start.

Hell, that'd work great with me too, since I'd get a focus from that AND katarn for double focus! Or more if I'm extra stressed!

I'd be willing to donate some XP to the pallas as well, I'm pretty much nearly kitted out for S1 anyway till I can get higher level torps.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
I can loan ya some xp if ya want, if that's allowed.

with interest ;)

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

LLSix posted:

Pallas Upgrades

Dual Laser Turret (5xp) - Attack (Energy): Spend 1 energy from this card to perform this attack against 1 ship (even a ship outside of your firing arc). 2xp from Pallas, 3xp from Crevette
Gunnery Team (4xp) - Once per round, when attacking with a secondary weapon, you may spend 1 energy to change 1 of your blank results to a hit result. 4xp from Crevette

That's what I'm spending this time. I wish we could trade one of the cargo slots in for a second team. Everyone on discord agreed with the DLT for the hardpoint slot so I hope its okay to spend the Pallas xp there.

Edit: when's the next game? I'm good either Monday or the weekend morning we play at sometimes (I forgot which weekend morning)

I'm working, so not in the discord, but I'd like to chip in some XP for this, so its not all on you guys. I'll donate 4xp towards those upgrades so it's not such a burden on Crevette

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

LLSix posted:

Thanks! I'm just going to spend those 4xp on the Pallas again so you might as well pick what you want to upgrade.

This Sunday at 11am EST then.

I'd throw down for Comms Array, unless theres a few other good suggestions out there, can't check right now, behind the bar

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

List of potential plot-hooks in upcoming missions.

Characters:

Places:

If you want your character to have some backstory with one of these, let me know and I'll make it work.

Feel free to use B5 with Sarn Station, as a part of a smuggler crew there, its likely he spent a fair amount of time there and knows people, etc, however you 'd like to use B5 as a hook.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
B5-LY

Includes upgrades from Pallas during mission

New pallas looks great!

XP Log
pre:

REFUND P. Torps	6	6
Mission 5	16	24
Pallas Upgrades	-8	14
Mission 6	12	26
Ion Torps	-5	21
Proton Torps	-4	17

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Bought 2 Adv Torps for 12 exp, updated char post and exp log!

Did not sell previous proton torp/ion torps.

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
B5-LY

Season 2 Mission 1

XP update

XP Log
pre:

Mission 9	8	48
Mission 10	17	65
Upgrade to PS5	-10	55
Upgrade to PS6	-12	43
Push The Limit	-6	37
Imprv BRolll	-8	29
FC System	-2	27
Imprv TSWare	-2	25

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
B5-LY

Pallas upgrades!

XP Log
pre:

S2E1 EXP	22	47
DL Turret	-5	42
Eng Team	-4	38

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

LLSix posted:

1. The IC thread is my favorite part. I just didn't want to bother you the past two weeks while you were coping with your loss.

2. The briefings are awesome, but if they're getting to be too much work, don't burn yourself out on them.

3. I'm good either way.

I definitely enjoy the IC thread, but I think we've all had a few weeks where we have been busy, coming out of the holidays until now

Briefings are awesome, and add a lot, but I can imagine they take time. I'd rather have good IC threads than briefings if you only have time/effort for one

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

Valhawk posted:

BROMEO would you have a problem with switching from every week to every other week? I feel like that'd make it a lot easier.

If it makes things easier for you, sure!

I do love our sessions though :)

Are we on for tomorrow? I'm going to be out of town the following sunday on travel again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
Hey, sorry for the last minute post, but I was pulled last minute for tomorrow morning mother's day, unexpected brunch planned :/

If you don't wait to wait, I understand and absolutely no worries, but Ill be unavailable tomorrow morning