Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dehry posted:

Persona 5 is still ongoing. If someone is still watching it.

masashi ishihama is dying so that seiji kishi can be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Julias posted:

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru!
Doga Kobo | Masahiko Oota | Comedy, Slice of Life | Manga | Oct 5, 2018
Having lost her mother at a young age, Misha Takanashi, a second grader with Russian blood, now lives with her Japanese father. Tsubame Kamoi, formerly a Self‐Defense Force officer, comes to the Takanashi household as a housekeeper. This is a home comedy where Kamoi, a hardcore lolicon, attempts to get near Misha as she tries to fight against her.
This is by the Minami-ke/Yuru Yuri/Love Lab/Umaru-chan/Gabriel Dropout team so it will probably be better than the :yikes: description would suggest.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Ima be honest, not really keen on anything that has the word 'lolicon' in its description

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Describe "better"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gurazeni!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

grrarg posted:

This is by the Minami-ke/Yuru Yuri/Love Lab/Umaru-chan/Gabriel Dropout team so it will probably be better than the :yikes: description would suggest.

I don't care how strong the staff is, I can't imagine a scenario where a show with that description turns out to be anything but what it says it will be.

That is, gutter trash.

(Where is my Love Lab S2 dangit you're killing me here)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aside from Bloom I'm looking forward to Spyce, Jojo and the PV for the Zombie anime has me at least for a few episodes. Everything else I'll give an episode to try

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super Jay Mann posted:

I don't care how strong the staff is, I can't imagine a scenario where a show with that description turns out to be anything but what it says it will be.

That is, gutter trash.

Same, but Nozaki-kun. I can't read the manga without hearing any of the voices. Especially Chiyo's.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

I am slowly reconciling myself to the reality that there will never be a season 2. Which is really too bad as it was such a great comedy kinda overlooked during its time.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really wish Doga Kobo would be working on either Nozaki season 2, Gadbro season 2 or Hinalogi season 2 instead of that series yes

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Agronox posted:

I am slowly reconciling myself to the reality that there will never be a season 2. Which is really too bad as it was such a great comedy kinda overlooked during its time.

The worst part is that the manga only starts to hit its stride right after the point where the anime ended, so we aren't even gonna see the best material animated.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

grrarg posted:

"probably" is doing so much loving work here, my guy

yet still not nearly enough

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Senran Kagura anime is going to have actual nudity like in Valkyrie Drive and not just the usual convenient censorship if that matters at all.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I really wish Doga Kobo would be working on either Nozaki season 2, Gadbro season 2 or Hinalogi season 2 instead of that series yes

Don't worry I'm sure their next show after this season will be bette-

quote:

Miyako Hoshino is a shy college student and otaku. Miyako's younger sister Hinata, who is a fifth grader, has a classmate and friend named Hana. When they meet, Miyako falls for Hana at first sight.

:yikes:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
enough. call me when they are making new game season 3

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
definite watches:

jojo part 5
dbs: broly

will try:

double decker (hopefully not terrible)
ingress (no idea what this will be like)
karakuri circus
RErideD: Tokigoe no Derrida (shows abe character designs are usually deece)

trigger show people will convince themselves is good even though they still havent topped ttgl:

ssss.gridman

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super Jay Mann posted:

The worst part is that the manga only starts to hit its stride right after the point where the anime ended, so we aren't even gonna see the best material animated.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Relin posted:

trigger show people will convince themselves is good even though they still havent topped ttgl:

ssss.gridman

i know it's a trigger thing that they lowkey bash on their side projects because japanese work culture is funny but wew this year's AX bashing on gridman was especially intense

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i liked the part where the fans who got to come up to accept autographs from all the trigger folk being filmed for everyone to see in the audience, the guy who pulled the gridman placard visibly instantly soured and you could taste the disappointment

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna watch a bunch of stuff I drop halfway through with the intention of going back 'someday' same as usual

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

grrarg posted:

There's a reason I didn't link the website or the PV to it.

Let me dispel your optimism. Somebody posted the first chapter of the series a while back, going "Oh, look at this badass commando type woman with sexy abs try to babysit this girl and hijinks". There was jokes about the babysiter wanting the little girl to try on clothes she made, and other kinda really uncomfortable stuff in there. Then the second chapter made it explicit that she's a pedophile and I said "nope, I'm done." There's a flashback where the babysitter says something along the lines "If a girl menstruates, she's too old for me", as well as a nude shot of the kid iirc

I understand it's a setup for humors sake, but that stuff very much felt like glorification at that point and it's just gross.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

its just happy sugar life 2

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy moly why would you give benefit of the doubt to anything with a summary like that regardless of the studio pedigree

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

an actual dog posted:

I'm hype for jojo because I'm a normie

:same:

also gonna give goblin slayer a shot

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gurazeni season two is gonna rule. Not much else I'm interested in at the moment but heck I wasn't expecting to ever see a season two in general, nevermind so soon, so I'm happy about that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

op is a coward for making spyce the thread title but not giving it a siren

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Freakazoid_ posted:

:same:

also gonna give goblin slayer a shot

if you're a normie, dont watch goblin slayer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually dont watch goblin slayer in general

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've watched like 10 episodes of this my hero academia show on Netflix and when do the super cool villains show up? Like I think it's a parody of a school anime right now?

Theme song is adorable tho.

E2 Susie is ok.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 25, 2018

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

yarichi bitch bu reviewing well so far

im glad studio GRIZZLY's first offering is polling so well

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I especially liked the Mexican kid trying to read like AMLO with the "I didn't understand sh*t but I'm so happeh!"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Turtlicious posted:

I've watched like 10 episodes of this my hero academia show on Netflix and when do the super cool villains show up? Like I think it's a parody of a school anime right now?

Theme song is adorable tho.

E2 Susie is ok.
literally episode 9

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't call a cool pirate a villain exactly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not a parody of a school anime its just doing character setup and humor because its a shonen manga thats going to run for a decade plus

season 1 ends with their first real encounter with villains, and then the structure is usually a sort of pattern of school stuff, encounter with villains, school stuff, encounter with villains, at least in terms of stuff the anime's covered

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
shigaraki is cool and cute

I do not remember a pirate

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How is a series with three 13 year old girls a shonen?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My wife tells me we've been watching my witch academia.

I'm so betrayed right now.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
dude even dragonball has one important woman in it and shes like 30 with a kid

the other one is a robotized teenager who breaks an alien man's arm and makes him cry and it's been over 20 years since then like what

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol this season is off to a good start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao