Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd be okay with Hidive if they put out a PS4 app so I didn't have to watch their stuff on my slow rear end tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
glad for sentai going around making GBS threads up the state of official subs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

glad for sentai going around making GBS threads up the state of official subs

At least they haven't gotten any musicals yet this season

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
That means amazon prime, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agronox posted:

That means amazon prime, right?

No, Sentai stuff goes on Hidive

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Yea the amazon prime deal Sentai had ended

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

watch season 2, its incredible

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sentai did the subs for Amazon for Princess Princess which were okay to good so I can probably trust them I hope for Spyce and Bloom. Guess I'll sub for a season

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the issue is just that their tl lead is notoriously awful. this hasn't affected all of their shows though so it's a toss up which thing next season will get the revue straight treatment.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Revue Starlight turned out pretty badly but also I'm not convinced that any simulsubs could have done that show justice

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the issue is just that their tl lead is notoriously awful. this hasn't affected all of their shows though so it's a toss up which thing next season will get the revue straight treatment.

They actually do have a bunch of decent translators, so part of the issue is getting rid of the lead means losing them too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

an actual dog posted:

Revue Starlight turned out pretty badly but also I'm not convinced that any simulsubs could have done that show justice
yeah. it's a complex, dialogue heavy show with issues with licensed songs. a recipe for death in our modern subbing culture

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakuga Blog posted their preview for this season. It doesn't explain what SSSS.GRIDMAN but it does explain why no one knows what SSSS.GRIDMAN is.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

No, Sentai stuff goes on Hidive

Ugh, thanks.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly would be cool if any big company ever implemented a delay in their process to get better quality subs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

Sakuga Blog posted their preview for this season. It doesn't explain what SSSS.GRIDMAN but it does explain why no one knows what SSSS.GRIDMAN is.

It's a revival of Gridman the Hyper Agent

Which got the Power Rangers treatment as SUPERHUMAN SAMURAI SYBER SQUAD

https://youtu.be/N34MmqmxqD0

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also it sounds like they're being coy in a way that very unsubtly suggests a Madoka-esque 3rd Episode Whammy of some sort, so curious what that turns out to be.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

honestly would be cool if any big company ever implemented a delay in their process to get better quality subs

What if they paid their translators a livable wage

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Julias posted:

The story is set in Onomichi, Hiroshima in the year 20XX. Fish disappear from the sea around the world and only whales live in the ocean.

Sponsored by the Institute for Cetacean "Research".

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also it sounds like they're being coy in a way that very unsubtly suggests a Madoka-esque 3rd Episode Whammy of some sort, so curious what that turns out to be.

the twist will be that it's trigger's second good series

Strange Quark posted:

What if they paid their translators a livable wage

one doesn't preclude the other

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well also, there have been cases where the studios force a week delay for one reason or another, like with Girlish Number, and those situations haven’t really led to greatly improved subtitles. Mostly it just makes a lot of people upset on the internet.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

the twist will be that it's trigger's second good series

fourth, you mean. Trigger has done three good shows

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah the tone of the first part of the PV suggests to me that a bunch of people he knows loving die and it's his fault because giant robot battles in cities always have collateral damage.

This frame is interesting too. Are those dead and waiting for the Evangelion sort of 'disassembly/cleanup' thing, or are giant monsters in the distance just totally normal?

Once burned twice shy though, put me down for 'prepared to drop' on this one.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

LWA, Luluco, Inferno Cop, Turning Girls. Fifth, maybe?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The director of Gridman directed Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer.

The series composer wrote most of Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (that was the good Bahamut, in case you don't remember the subtitles.)

I'm feeling optimistic.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not counting their shorts because those are generally good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ranzear posted:

This frame is interesting too. Are those dead and waiting for the Evangelion sort of 'disassembly/cleanup' thing, or are giant monsters in the distance just totally normal?
They look pretty dead, with how they're shaded. who knows, though.

I do appreciate that the existence of Gridman is literally just some guy rebooting a show he grew up watching, though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say posted:

LWA, Luluco, Inferno Cop, Turning Girls. Fifth, maybe?

You know, Trigger really has done more good shows than bad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

You know, Trigger really has done more good shows than bad.

they've done less bad shows than just kind of awkwardly middling ones but their bad shows are, really really bad

in short, trigger is an animation studio with people

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Guy Goodbody posted:

ttgl, the first ttgl movie, the second ttgl movie

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Relin posted:

ttgl, the first ttgl movie, the second ttgl movie

Were not done by trigger.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Endorph posted:

Eupho finale film on April 19th. All the staff from the TV series(es) are back.

hot take: this fistbump is awkward af. Their wrists are bent so much!

also where's Reina

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 actually did end on schedule. They're making an OVA for the end of the year.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I was expecting to post in this thread about my excitement for new JoJo and Thunderbolt Fantasy, but now that I've learned about the Thunderbolt Fantasy movie I guess I'm away to watch that now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh poo poo I just realized Double Decker is starting tomorrow.

Hell yeah, I'm gonna make a thread for that when I watch it.

E: Oh poo poo, it's already out! I'm gonna watch it in a bit then!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 30, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You know what, I just went ahead and made the thread.

Here you go!

E: It has also come to my attention that the first episode has been out for a while, but it's officially starting its broadcast run, so hey.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 30, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nice.

quote:

:siren:Double Decker! Doug & Kirill
Sunrise | Takeshi Furuta | Tomohiro Suzuki | Action | Original | Sep 30, 2018
The city state of Lisvalletta. Two suns rise above this city, and the people here live peaceful lives, but in the shadows crime and illegal drugs run rampant. Among them is the dangerous, highly lethal drug "Anthem" which casts a dark shadow over the city. The SEVEN-O Special Crime Investigation Unit specializes in cracking down on Anthem. This unit operates in two man "buddy" teams in what's called the "Double Decker System" to tackle the problem. Doug Billingham is a seasoned investigator, and joining him is Kirill Vrubel, whose abilities are mysterious and unknown.
PV
Thread

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Droyer posted:

Were not done by trigger.
then that means... *takes off glasses* no...no it can't be...

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The last Nanoha movie was pretty good, interested to see where this one goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

CrashScreen posted:

I was expecting to post in this thread about my excitement for new JoJo and Thunderbolt Fantasy, but now that I've learned about the Thunderbolt Fantasy movie I guess I'm away to watch that now.

I've watched it since my last post and loved it. Thunderbolt Fantasy is so drat good.

Also for those who haven't seen it yet, now is the time really. The 2nd half of the movie is sort of a recap of season 1, but done really well. An impostor sort of retells the story, and they even re-animated some of the major scenes, but with the impostor.