Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

Survivor showmances are the worst.

They are but that whole thing was kind of cute and not your standard vapid dipshits uniting because they’re the most attractive people there.

Maybe I’m just getting soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The fact that the show is so neutered now in terms of survival is replaced by the hilarity that all the people are superfans but instantly make the dumbest mistakes

like instantly fall in love

or take the lead day 1 in camp

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo Pat is sticking his foot in his mouth.

sportsgenius86 posted:

They are but that whole thing was kind of cute and not your standard vapid dipshits uniting because they’re the most attractive people there.

Maybe I’m just getting soft

I don't think there is anything wrong with Showmances, but on Survivor they are just gross. Big Brother I don't mind, but gently caress you are dirty and gross. Although I could be biased because Alec is my poison.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh right I didn't declare my pony/poison

Well my pony is the man who resides in the Palace of Wisdom, John Morrison, obviously.

Dunno about poison yet.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Yo gently caress you bro we got the best fall foliage in the loving nation

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm down with team Nerd.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Great Value Cirie seems like first boot material

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Anything good in the first half hour other than the lurking lady and the idiot searching for an idol?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Anything good in the first half hour other than the lurking lady and the idiot searching for an idol?

The David tribe utterly annihilating the Goliath tribe in the first challenge.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Dan trying to start a showmance and telling people he found the idol. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The worst thing about watching this live, is all the ads for the absolute poo poo shows CBS apparently shows the rest of the time.

Like, lol, what if we had a black family and white family try to be neighbors?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man they are getting annihilated by rain so far

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I think they're in a monsoon? I love that it's causing so many meltdowns.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Barking orders for a modified slider puzzle. This is Survivor Hell.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What the gently caress.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo what happened to Pat?!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Surprise medevac??

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh goddamn they probably didn't have cameras on the boat to record the fall but Jesus this looks so loving bad.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The weather started getting rough. The tiny ship was tossed. :ohdear:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How do you not just straight pull him from the game seeing that

I suppose they will since it ends at 830. Guess this is why they did a 90 minute premier instead of the full 2 hours.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They cut to commercial on Pat with 12 minutes left, this is 100% a medevac.

The saddest and most hilarious thing is that according to Probst, this guy singlehandedly inspired the season's theme. :shrug:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Well this explains why Jeff doesn't like this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Watching his rightleft arm shake is terrifying

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This has got to be the weirdest medevac in Survivor history. Like, who could've even seen this coming? How could they possibly have accounted for this?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I wanted to hate the guy for the tattoo necklace, but hope he gets a chance back on Survivor in the future. What a weird way to go out... on a boat ride back from a challenge that the producers barely have even shown over the years as something that exists.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I needed that last slide more than I thought :unsmith:

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Shneak posted:

Well this explains why Jeff doesn't like this season.
Source?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'd be 100% fine if he got a guaranteed returnee slot on a future season.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

You would think he would love it considering he took 20 minutes to talk about the concept of David vs Goliath at the start

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well that was a deflating ending to the first episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I do appreciate Jeff managing to wrangle in the season theme to the medivac though.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I do appreciate Jeff managing to wrangle in the season theme to the medivac though.

Elizabeth has completely bought into the premise. Every confessional is "As a David..."

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I feel like ive been Daviding my whole life

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Elizabeth has completely bought into the premise. Every confessional is "As a David..."

Yea, but that's to be expected, she's probably got a producer being like say you're a David.

Jeff going, "Hey look a member of your Tribe got medivacs, that's a total parallel to you guys being loser Davids and life just making GBS threads all over you"

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
That was amazing. It's annoying but Jeff loves the themes so much

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
That has to be one of the most disturbing evacs ever. The abruptness, the intense pain he was in, his fear and confusion, his begging not to leave. And then you factor in the other info, like one of his parents being paralyzed and the fact that he applied to the show every single season since the first waiting to get on and live his dream, and jeez what a bummer. :(

ETA: Generally good premiere though. It's a good cast and the more natural scenes and confessionals are a delight coming from Australian Survivor where every sentence spoken is composed of one word each taken from 10 different sentences.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I need a gif of Badass Bi with that weak rear end machete chop

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What were the slurs that Jessica used online? Why was Alec uninvited to the reunion and did he lose the money he would have made for being on the show?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

What were the slurs that Jessica used online? Why was Alec uninvited to the reunion and did he lose the money he would have made for being on the show?

I believe Alec was the one who broke his NDA, and yes, he loses money, but maybe not all of it. You get prize money based on placement, plus ten thousand dollars for attending the reunion. He definitely loses the latter, but he may or may not lose the former depending on whether or not he has already been paid and how petty CBS is feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'm only half way through, everybody is looking for idols nobody has found one. But I'm sosososo sick of the scramping around looking for idols out of camp. Under trees --- uh, ok. Dan has found one. Blah. Jeffo! Have a season without hidden idols. I mean it. I'm rather serious about this request.
Sincerely,
Lampsy.