Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
John and Jeremy won me over quickly, Dan, Mike and Natalie made me shake my head and sigh.

That's all I've got so far. I actually don't care about most of the Davids other than Christian being more likable than previous turbo-nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My favorite pony/poisonish Survivor hobby is getting crushes on the attractive guys during episode 1 and watching how quickly their personal blends of idiocy and douchiness turn me off over the course of the season.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Man that pat evac was the most terrifying in years. and on a challenge transport too. when he's screaming like that about his back you can't help but think if it's a spine break (i know nothing about back injuries). it's a relief to find out he's relatively okay.

i think apart from his sometimes annoyingly frantic way of speaking, christian is better than the past few nerdy super-fans except for david. he seems actually pretty intelligent managing to stay fairly composed. most impressively not outplaying himself right out of the gate which even david did (bad enough to where he was nearly out first). at least self-aware enough to ask someone to tell him if he starts being too much. i think he makes the merge at the very least. i could see him getting extra annoying if he starts getting too cocky as there was a taste of it with the swing vote thing.

nick reminds me of someone so much and i can't put my finger on who. like, part patrick wilson part guy who played dorian gray on penny dreadful.

not feeling good about my blind pick of kara being my pony. really have no idea what made me choose her. 'pet peeves: drivers who use their brakes' made me chuckle, perhaps.

pretty good blindside, though i think as soon as the idea came up and it was on christian and nick to tip the scales it was obvious. christian seemed at least aware enough not to burn his goodwill with gabby right away.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Lone Goat posted:

That exchange between Gabby and Christian was incredible.

:j: do you you want to meet play with me?
:byodood: what like in the sand?

There was something really creepy about the cadence and tone she had during that sequence. Like, horror movie possessed child or something.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The one thing that does annoy me slightly about Christian is his posture. It's like he's constantly hunching.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Lone Goat posted:

That exchange between Gabby and Christian was incredible.

:j: do you you want to meet play with me?
:byodood: what like in the sand?

I paused the episode at this part because I was laughing so hard.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Good news everyone; Chris Noble was at Live Know It Alls and finally solved the Mystery of the Disappearing Rap Song; CBS didn't want to pay royalties to the guy who made the backing track they used.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What kind of spear is it that they always use to fish with while snorkeling? The one that shoots out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

What kind of spear is it that they always use to fish with while snorkeling? The one that shoots out.

Hawaiian Sling

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

The one thing that does annoy me slightly about Christian is his posture. It's like he's constantly hunching.

He leans forward really dramatically when making a point, I've noticed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spergatory posted:

Good news everyone; Chris Noble was at Live Know It Alls and finally solved the Mystery of the Disappearing Rap Song; CBS didn't want to pay royalties to the guy who made the backing track they used.

I think that probably still means they hated it if they can't afford to pay the guy the five dollars he'd get from YouTube ad revenue.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I think it's more along the lines of "they thought it was totally free but then their lawyer said the guy could sue for royalties and then they just decided to poo poo can the whole thing just to be completely safe."

I doubt them liking it or not has much to do with anything at all. I don't think they'd care enough to take the video down and re-upload it without the song if there is anything at issue besides money.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just forgot it or the guy existed until this moment.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Spergatory posted:

I think it's more along the lines of "they thought it was totally free but then their lawyer said the guy could sue for royalties and then they just decided to poo poo can the whole thing just to be completely safe."

I doubt them liking it or not has much to do with anything at all. I don't think they'd care enough to take the video down and re-upload it without the song if there is anything at issue besides money.

The Survivor production staff is not stupid, and the team that edits and posts Ponderosa videos knows what they're doing, otherwise CBS wouldn't have hired them. Network television is a huge crock of poo poo sometimes (see: Big Bang Theory) but if it and its staff are good at one single thing, it's making money (see: Big Bang Theory). loving middle schoolers know more about music licensing than you're giving these people credit for.

The rap video came down because it was actually that bad. Worse than Tightie Whities. But for that beautiful week, the joke was amazing.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

It was the "covfefe" of music but had a slightly longer shelf life.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Previously on...

SURVIVOR

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Did I miss anything in the first 5 minutes?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

Did I miss anything in the first 5 minutes?

Nick gloating with Christian and Carl being sad about Jess

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Christian overthinking the logistics of Slamtown is peak...him

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Anything good happen before the Murphy Brown ad break?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jeremy having a Big Brother style house meeting and dropping that he's a superfan... RIP.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Propaganda Machine posted:

The Survivor production staff is not stupid, and the team that edits and posts Ponderosa videos knows what they're doing, otherwise CBS wouldn't have hired them. Network television is a huge crock of poo poo sometimes (see: Big Bang Theory) but if it and its staff are good at one single thing, it's making money (see: Big Bang Theory). loving middle schoolers know more about music licensing than you're giving these people credit for.

No, actually, they don't. Television production is an absolutely massive behemoth with thousands of moving parts and entire departments that rarely if ever speak to each other. You're acting like there's some kind of hive mind governing television production, when the reality is that roommates could work on the same show for ten years and never even realize it because they never see each other. Individual shows do not have a legal departments; networks do, and they tend not to get involved in things unless you gently caress up.

"One department of one show does something they don't realize could get them sued and is then forced to take it down by the network" is a lot more believable to me than "Survivor, as a gestalt entity, produces a music video, tacks it onto the end of a Ponderosa video, then deletes that video after one week and reposts it without the music portion for no apparent benefit because they think it's bad." It's CBS. You will never convince me that quality is something they are even remotely concerned with.

EDIT: It's even more believable to me that this could slip through because it's Ponderosa. It's online content that never appears on the main show, so it likely has far fewer people overseeing it.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 11, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I for one doubt the interns editing the Ponderosa videos are fully trained experts on what they can and cant do.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Goliath is overflowing with terrible players.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Oh my God, I'm going to be so sad if we lose Natalie this episode. She's the most amazing kind of trainwreck. :allears:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Oh my God, I'm going to be so sad if we lose Natalie this episode. She's the most amazing kind of trainwreck. :allears:
I am firmly on the side of the woman who realized Natalie is a harmless meat shield.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like Jeremy is digging his hole deeper

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ah yes, it was 1 of 2 people that was going home...

Jeff, "What a perfectly executed blindside"

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"By the way, your skin is gorgeous darling" is such a great death knell.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They did it. My God, the mad bastards actually did it!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Natalie can roadrunner her way to victory as everyone chasing her self-destructs.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Lol that Jeremy got himself voted out before Natalie by somehow making himself into a bigger tool

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I hope Natalie can roadrunner her way to victory as everyone chasing her self-destructs.

There is zero chance that she wins this game. It would be less than zero if such a thing was possible.

Still, good vote for tonight, but honestly losing either of them was a good move

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nottherealaborn posted:

Lol that Jeremy got himself voted out before Natalie by somehow making himself into a bigger tool

The Garrett (Cagayan) strat of "hey we don't need no strategizing"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I am firmly on the side of the woman who realized Natalie is a harmless meat shield.

Angela, who really annoyed me with her 'I use persuasion to get out of speeding tickets tehehe' shtick

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Angela, who really annoyed me with her 'I use persuasion to get out of speeding tickets tehehe' shtick

"Discounts at restaurants" was even worse because you know that means making a loving scene and having the manager come over all the drat time

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah that was pretty predictable. It's a shame, I liked Jeremy. But he was our 'overstrategizing, paranoid superfan' this season.

Also based on the stuff we saw this episode it's almost a given Christian and John end up on the same tribe, huh?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also based on the stuff we saw this episode it's almost a given Christian and John end up on the same tribe, huh?

I super want them to form an unbreakable friendship and steamroll the game

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

The Bloop posted:

I super want them to form an unbreakable friendship and steamroll the game

:wiggle: I want YOU to come join Slam Town.
:reject: You're asking me to emigrate to Slam Town? Become a Slamtonian? I don't know, what's in it for me? I mean, you're the mayor of Slam Town, what do I get?
:wiggle: Deputy Mayor?
:reject: I don't know, that seems like a very ceremonial position. I don't want to be out, you know, cutting ribbons at the new Slamming Salon while you're out forming policy. How about Comptroller?
:wiggle: Comptroller?
:reject: Yes, Comptroller of Slam Town.

And thus was born the beginning of a new alliance, an alliance to surpass Mason-Dixon; the City Council of Slam Town. With their unique mix of brains, brawn, civic duty and bureaucratic savvy, the City Council of Slam Town proceeded to dominate the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Mark Burnett

Yeah I know you're reading this thread you trump-loving piss-tape-having shitbird

All will be forgiven if you make a sequel to Kid Nation called Slamtown and make a bunch of nerds and pro-wrestlers form a government. John and Christian can host. You don't have to pay me for this idea.