Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Shneak posted:

I fuckin' clapped. :byewhore:

Also I'm not sure if its me but I found Christian in this episode absolutely unbearable to watch speak.

Me too.

Not so much in confessionals, but at Tribal Council I hated his loving face every time he said anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

I never saw his season, but Bob Crowley's gotta be considered a nerd, right?

That wasn't the character archetype he filled though.

He was the kind old man who doesn't entirely understand what's going on and became Sugar's father-figure stand in.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think for Elizabeth to stay she needed to do work before tribal. Either try to convince Angelina to flip on Dan or blow up Angelina’s game at camp. It’s possible she didn’t have enough time when Angelina talked to her.

However, if Gabby convinced her to wait until tribal to do this that’s potentially really great jury management on Gabby’s side. Stay true to your 6 but have all the Davids that go out remembering you “helping” them. Not bad play at all.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think it’s kind of bullshit that Carl found a valid alternate solution to the challenge, but nope you also have to read our minds, no immunity for you.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Calling Ian's move stupid is almost beside the point.
He didn't make it for game reasons; he made it for emotional reasons.
For whatever reason Ian seemed genuinely distressed that he had potentially lost his friendship with Tom by attempting to get him voted out earlier.
After standing there for almost 12 hours he convinced himself that he couldn't win and his best course of action would be to try to salvage the friendship.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I want Angelina to somehow pull off a bunch of really good moves, give an amazing final tribal council, and win.

That's why the producers are so down on this season: their obnoxious, self-centered, overconfident buffoon villain character is the winner.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, Mike winning Worlds Apart was fine, since he was entirely dependent on immunity runs after he was left in the minority and used his idol the one time he was vulnerable. Wasn't a great win, since he never found a way to reverse his position in the game, but still a win worth respecting due to the difficulty of winning that many immunities to get to the end.

Ben, on the other hand, just kept protecting himself with idols. Same outcome as Mike, but it left a more sour taste in people's mouths.

If it were the case of someone finding all the idols originally planted (so 2 to 3 camp idols, and a merge idol) and using those, well, points for well timed idol plays. But players now know that idols are automatically rehidden after being played and that kind of kills part of the suspense of one.

I think the reason Mike’s win was accepted is because basically everyone else revealed themselves to being kind of awful as human beings. If the other finalists were easier to root for I think Mike’s win would have been a lot harder to swallow.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

Also I don't care so much about the theme and life stories but it feels fair to presume that if you're a "goliath" you're probably doing okay financially.

Also Nick is a freaking lawyer.

In all honesty though, other than the virgin babby early seasons I don't think wealth has ever really come up as a voting criterion at end game.

The one time I remember it coming up during FTC was in Fiji.
Stacy asked Earl about the money partially because Dreamz had talked so openly about being truly poor and Earl talked about how that money would be life-changing for any of them.
It really felt like Stacy was looking for reassurance that would allow her to vote for someone other that the person who needed the money the most, but it did show that wealth is at least a consideration.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

What about the Boston Robfather

the thing he did differently was being surrounded by complete idiots

That was his 4th appearance

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Of those four I'm most excited to see Wentworth.
I'm okay with David, as I'm basically okay with anyone getting a second shot.

But, I think we've seen everything we need to see from Aubry and Joe.
I can't imagine them playing any better or even any differently than they have before.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

The last few of seasons of Big Brother the fans get to vote in secret powers to players (well its always been an element but they're really ramped it up the last few years). Some of them are small but some are pretty game breaking. It's definitely influenced by what the TV show airs but the Big Brother experience is a confusing one since there's different sections of the fanbase who have different wealths of information or group think from the feeds, reports on the feeds, or the show. So it tends to be kind of all over the place and largely theoretical of why Player X got Prize Y. Sometimes its the show edit, sometimes its a massive wave of online fans, a lot of times there's like a spiteful online counter vote to the perceived "mainstream" fan vote, or different voting blocs of obsessed fans working against or with each other, and on more than one occasion the whole thing goes wacky as voters out think themselves or make a mess of it. Big Brother fans are by and large insane.

That's the US TV version. UK version is all fan vote and US did an online season that as all fan vote. But the main show only gave fans a vote when one of the jurors was tossed out.

If I remember correctly, the first season of BB USA was also audience vote, but the audience voted out everyone interesting and the season was boring so they changed to their current format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Khanstant posted:

I love that the core premise kinds of leaves one entire tribe out of the theme, challengewise. Puzzles for the "brain" aspect, physical challenge stuff for the Brawn and... what for Beauty? What kind of challenge could be devised where brawn/brains are not so helpful but being hot is. Plus, part of "beauty" for a dude is just being fit, which is basically just brawn.

Theoretically, Beauty represents being good at the most important part of the game; having other people like you.