Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Roro posted:

Fairies are burned by iron, hence the weakness to Steel. gently caress knows why Poison though.

Poison Pokemon cover pollution as well, which destroys fairy's forests and land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

My understanding was that much like iron, poison is often a key item in fairy tales. They might use the poison against humans, only to have it turned back on them.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Steel is cold iron, poison is pollution. Both of these are common weaknesses of fairies and other sorts of benevolent spirits.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I can understand Sound beating Dark. It's the Macross/Symphogear/Ar Tonelico bit about songs beating back evil. And yes, I know Dark is more underhanded tricks than outright evil, but... this isn't much more of a stretch than Bug beating Dark because Kamen Rider!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

OgretailFood posted:

Agreed with the new types however I can't hate Cosmic because GALAXY SPIRITOMB :allears:

my god it's made of stars

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Raitzeno posted:

I can understand Sound beating Dark. It's the Macross/Symphogear/Ar Tonelico bit about songs beating back evil. And yes, I know Dark is more underhanded tricks than outright evil, but... this isn't much more of a stretch than Bug beating Dark because Kamen Rider!

In fairness, Kamen Rider isn't the only tokusatsu hero based on bugs (the Metal Heroes series had some bug motifs, for instance), and having beetles wrestle (creating a further association with the Fighting type) is a classic pastime among Japanese youths and is actually the inspiration for Pokemon battles so it turns out the dogfighting comparisons aren't all that far off the mark.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Sound beating Dark makes sense.

What happens when the hero pushes back the villain, their/the shows theme starts playing.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

TheKirbs posted:

Sound beating Dark makes sense.

What happens when the hero pushes back the villain, their/the shows theme starts playing.

Well, keep in mind, it's not super effective against Dark, it just resists it.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

Theme music power-up doesn't mean they win, just that they can shrug off anything the villain is doing.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Probably echolocation over super heroes. Cant hit your head in the dark if you dont see with light*

*unless you're the worlds clumsier zubat.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah sound over dark works. I wasn't being comprehensive in my complaints about it, it's really just that it interacts with too many types and there are a few specific ones that I disagree with. Sound I can kind of see working as a type at least; Light and Mystic are pretty much completely redundant with other types (notably Mystic is pretty much entirely redundant in concept with Psychic; at least Light is split up among a few types). The biggest issue is that a few pokemon that would be Sound already have two types and changing either of them would be kind of weird (Noibat and Noivern, for example). Bug Buzz and the other non-normal sound moves could just get the effect that Flying Press has where they also deal sound-type damage, as long as sound's affinities don't result in anything too powerful for that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Golux posted:

Yeah sound over dark works. I wasn't being comprehensive in my complaints about it, it's really just that it interacts with too many types and there are a few specific ones that I disagree with. Sound I can kind of see working as a type at least; Light and Mystic are pretty much completely redundant with other types (notably Mystic is pretty much entirely redundant in concept with Psychic; at least Light is split up among a few types). The biggest issue is that a few pokemon that would be Sound already have two types and changing either of them would be kind of weird (Noibat and Noivern, for example). Bug Buzz and the other non-normal sound moves could just get the effect that Flying Press has where they also deal sound-type damage, as long as sound's affinities don't result in anything too powerful for that.

For extra fun, based on Insurgence, where they give Flygon a mega with a sound boosting ability, as well as 2 new unique sound moves, Flygon would also be reclassified as a sound pokemon.

So, to expand, Flygon, a pokemon who 1. Has two types (Ground/Dragon), 2. Evolves from a single type pokemon (ground), and 3. Mega evolves in Insurgence two different types (Bug/Dragon)... would have Sound type inserted, somehow.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The problem with adding Sound is that you kind of screw over Normal special attackers that like having their sound based moves.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Vandar posted:

The problem with adding Sound is that you kind of screw over Normal special attackers that like having their sound based moves.

There's still swift and tri attack, and I might give those to more things, but that is a problem that could be fixed to some extent by adding new special normal moves.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Roro posted:

Fairies are burned by iron, hence the weakness to Steel. gently caress knows why Poison though.

"Clever, right? I knew fairies would be weak to murder."

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.

OgretailFood posted:

Agreed with the new types however I can't hate Cosmic because GALAXY SPIRITOMB :allears:

They should have sent a poet.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome back. Of the four remaining sidequests, the parcel one is pretty much a nonentity. So we can do all of it before we even start on the real part of today's update.

Sadly there are no quick teleports for us. We have to hike clear across the Dream Realm and back.

These cultists hang around here for the rest of the game.

Even though we walked from one extreme end of the Dream Realm to the other, the whole trip took less than 3 minutes.

Amy, back already, I see. To return Darkrai, I assume? Are you finally going to let me claim what is rightfully mine? No?

I see.

I wonder...

Before Cresselia chose her. Before the Infernal Cult ruined our lives. ...This doesn't change what she did. What she did to me was unforgivable. I won't- no, I can't forget it. She ruined my past. Every rotten speck of my life has been because of her.

Maybe I will go see her again. Someday. When I have Darkrai, for sure. Amy... I can't believe I'm saying this, but... thank you. This picture meant a lot to me. It'll help me pass the time until you release Darkrai, intentionally or not. Here, I guess you want some reward, right? I've got like... 30 of these. I came prepared. I'm sure I could spare one.

This is the third and final guaranteed Master Ball in the game, and I'm saving it for something really special.

Go catch some legendary that's not Darkrai. And stay out of my life, got it?

anything.

Seeya, Persephone. I'm actually glad that after all this she's finally started to grow up just a little bit.

That's the last we'll ever see of her.

The next part of today's odyssey takes us to Telnor Town. This is something we could have done a long time ago.

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you. I'd love to battle you, actually. I'd like to seehow I stand up against you.

Hell yeah, bring it on Sylvan!

No, this isn't the wrong team. I don't know if the game got confused at some point, or if the battles are programmed wrong or what. But for some reason we fight Eevee Sylvan instead of Delta Charmander Sylvan.

This fight would have been a cakewalk with our Champion team. Now, it's kinda sad.

It's barely worth showing what happened.

Until we get to this point. Y'see, I was going to just use Aura Sphere and one shot her Eevee.

Her Eevee becomes Jolteon and then takes off nearly half of ScubaSteve's health.

To his credit, ScubaSteve deals a lot of damage.

Sylvan heals...

And then Eevee-Jolteon KOs ScubaSteve.

Charsi finishes what Steve started.

I should have just used X-Scissor.

But it doesn't matter at all in the end.

This would have been a fun fight at-level, but we did kind of severely overshadow it.

You see... I've really done all the research I can do on these Delta Pokemon. I'd like you to take care of one of them. I feel like you'd be the best caretaker possible for it.

While I'd have loved to have put this to a vote, I recorded this in the middle of the night. Also the game wants an answer now and since this isn't emulated, I can't just savestate. So instead I asked the PokeGoons discord.

Please take good care of it!

There is a way to get the last starter you didn't pick, but it involves going above and beyond. It's something I didn't want to do, but here we are. The final starter is a reward for beating the Elite Four rematch.

All the way to the Dream Realm? I... I wasn't sure if you'd actually do it. Thank you so much. That really means the world to me.

I've been looking hard, but no luck so far. But just in case... well, I think it'd be best if you take care of his Manaphy in the mean time. I think it's what he would have wanted, too.

I'm going to leave the Gym as is- maybe somebody will take over if they're ambitious enough. In the meantime, I'd really like to help out Professor Sylvan. The study of pokemon has always been so interesting to me. Especially rarer ones, like Delta Species.

Honestly, I think they'll be happier off without me.

:smith:

I definitely wasn't doing them any favours by being around them when I'm this worried about Calreath! Hopefully they'll be happy in the wild.

Poor Diana. But that's the Parcel sidequest finished. And, true to her word, she released her team. In fact, Cresselia is now a roaming legendary. According to the wiki...

quote:

Roaming encounter (can replace Pokemon encounters in Hekate Town, Route 12, Selene City, Dragon Ruins, Route 13, Oranos Town, Route 14, and Route 15) after delivering Diana's package

Now that we've got all the preamble out of the way, here's Deyraan Town.

Augur! Augur! Oh, thank goodness you're here. I made... I made a huge mistake! I had to make a delivery! For Professor Sylvan! I was curious though- what could be so important? I was told not to, but I took a peek in the box.

Well, I was surprised. The legendary artifact from Sinnoh! In my hands! I was SO surprised, Ms. Augur, ma'am, that I dropped it and it went'a rollin' away! Right into the lava! Into the volcano! Straight down!

:raise: You, sir, are a moron.

It went sinking, and I was nervous. Scared. The Professor was going to be so mad! I went to look for a fire type to fish it out, but then the mountain started rumblin'! And just before it rumbled, I thought I saw two pokemon fighting! Two big, scary-looking ones!

There's lava everywhere now! I'm 'fraid it's gonna erupt!

Believe it or not, but I actually trimmed out a bunch of his dialogue. This kid won't shut the gently caress up.

Uh...

Why are Heatran and Volcanion fighting here? They're both really far away from where they belong.

This is something we could have gotten a while ago, but I kept forgetting to.

Well, there's Volcanion.

Then it disappeared. Sure, why not?

Chansey, why are you still here?

By the way, the lower floor of this base is now flooded with both magma and wild encounters.

Heatran is down here for a moment.

This is way back near where Amy was imprisoned that one time.

And this is that room that was sealed before.

I can't imagine how hot it is in there, what with lava everywhere.

This should help some.

That's... a lava fall. Yikes.

Then we just walked right through it. What kinda suit is Amy wearing? For that matter, how did Aragog not roast alive? Anyway, we're in the Upper Mantle.

There's a short path and then we have to choose between several different holes to jump into. There's goodies all down on the next floor, including a TM (Trick Room), but I don't care about any of those.

Through the science of blindly picking a hole, we wind up going down this one.

Mmmm. I see.

I don't actually blame anyone for not voting for this sidequest. It's the most boring one, with nothing to say and no familiar faces.

This is the bottom of the Upper Mantle. It's extremely dark.

The flashlight doesn't help, either.

I have questions about how one of Professor Pine's inventions wound up deep beneath a volcano.

There are a lot of items here, but most of them aren't worth picking up.

After some blind wandering, we eventually find this exit.

The Deep Mantle is home to a puzzle.

That's a Tesseract rift.

And this pathway off to the northeast is blocked.

The path is open in the past. Sadly, there's nothing to pick up in the past.

The puzzle is we need to move this Manaphy statue somewhere.

We basically need to wedge the two paths open so they don't become impassable.

Success! :toot:

This boulder puzzle isn't as hard as it appears.

You just gotta push at the right spots.

:stare: Just how deep are we?

This escape rope respawns every time you reenter the Upper Mantle. Otherwise it would theoretically be possible to softlock yourself in this area.

This stone got some distance. Geez.

Someone, however, doesn't appreciate our interfering.

So this is where you ran off to...

Groudon, by the way, spams Fissure.

Mercifully, none of them connect and we eventually catch it.

Hmmmmm...

That's a nightmare scenario, I'm sure.

Thankfully we don't have to pick one or the other to catch. If we KO Volcanion, it returns to the Cave of Steam. If we KO Heatran, it returns to the Fiery Caverns. And if we KO both, they both go home and stop feuding in the middle of a dormant volcano.

I don't know how y'all'r able to do it. I'm so glad you're the new Augur. I'll finish up delivering this Magma Stone to the Professor. Here. It's not much, but I'd like you to have it for helping me out.

Thank ye again, ma'am. It's been an honour.

And that's a good stopping point.

1. Defeat the Timeless
  2. Explore the Holon Region
  3. The Original Dragon
  4. Missingno
  5. Relic Song
  6. The Magma Stone
  7. Cured Damian
  8. The Parcel
  9. "One of you is close to someone who needs help. Find this person fast." (Help Damian explore the Abyssal Base ruins)
  10. The Finale

NEXT TIME: We help our buddy Damian

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!
Funnily enough, you were never in any danger of those Fissures hitting. It only works on Pokemon equal to or less than the user's level.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

DoubleNegative posted:

There is a way to get the last starter you didn't pick, but it involves going above and beyond. It's something I didn't want to do, but here we are. The final starter is a reward for beating the Elite Four rematch.

:abrathink: What if you started with Eevee, and thus got 0 of the three starters?

Or Eevee when starting with a delta starter, actually.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cal :smith:

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

I'm curious, can you throw a Pokeball at Heatran and Volcanion while both of them are in battle? I know later gen Pokemon games give some excuse about how you can't throw a Pokeball in a wild double battle/horde battle. (Orre is the best region since it has no such restrictions.)

Saladin Rising fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 15, 2019

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Saladin Rising posted:

I'm curious, can you throw a Pokeball at Heatran and Volcanion while both of them are in battle? I know later gen Pokemon games give some excuse about how you can't throw a Pokeball in a wild double battle/horde battle. (Orre is the best region since it has no such restrictions.)

The reason for this is because of bizarre coding limitations. Catching a Pokemon battle in the mainline games instantly ends the battle. Which isn't too much of an issue since you're only fighting one Pokemon most of the time until you get into double wild battles, which were introduced in Gen IV.

It still does that even in the most recent games for some reason. (You can see this if you turn on a "catch trainer's Pokemon" cheat in Gen VII. Battle instantly ends, no matter how many Pokemon they had left.) No idea if Essentials has that limitation.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

This would've been a perfect opportunity to have us time travel to save Cal, but sadly he's never heard from again. :rip:

1234567890num fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 15, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

1234567890num posted:

This would've been a perfect opportunity to have us time travel to save Cal, but sadly he's never heard from again. :rip:

We have no confirmation he's dead. Maybe he's just using his disappearance to enjoy some free time from his responsibilities.

... Right?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Supremezero posted:

:abrathink: What if you started with Eevee, and thus got 0 of the three starters?

Or Eevee when starting with a delta starter, actually.

You can find Eeveelutions in the Friend Safari, and we've had access to Ditto since after the second gym.

Saladin Rising posted:

I didn't try, but the wiki mentions for this fight (and one coming up in the next update) that you can't catch something while both enemy pokemon are standing while in a double battle.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
There must have been some sort of workaround at some point, since Colosseum and XD both didn't instantly end battles on capture.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

flarp22 posted:

There must have been some sort of workaround at some point, since Colosseum and XD both didn't instantly end battles on capture.

Those games are on Gamecube and probably have very different coding from the handheld versions.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

flarp22 posted:

Colosseum and XD both also probably didn't run on the standard pokemon engine, given that they were made by a company that wasn't the Pokemon company.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's been 13 years since DP introduced wild double battles and while gamefreak are kind of incompetent I don't think they are so incompetent they can't possibly ever think of a solution to this so at this point I don't think it's less technical limitations as much as they just...don't...want you to capture 2 pokemon in one battle

why does the gym leader have to release all her pokemon when she quits
also no one is filling in the gym, so now there are TWO gym leaders not available to the public

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Supremezero posted:

Colosseum and XD both also probably didn't run on the standard pokemon engine, given that they were made by a company that wasn't the Pokemon company.

Yeah, from what I understand, it's a pretty different engine. For one thing, the capture mechanics are different. (Probably because there are a lot of legendaries you encounter in the games, and having an extremely small percent chance to catch all of them would get frustrating real fast.)

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

rannum posted:

why does the gym leader have to release all her pokemon when she quits
also no one is filling in the gym, so now there are TWO gym leaders not available to the public

Pretty sure she didn't have to, she just wanted to.

Remember how in RBY, the Viridian gym leader had taken a long leave of absence? And it seemed nobody really cared because Indigo Plateau had been refusing challenges until very recently (as in, the email announcing their grand reopening was still open on Oak's computer recently)?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

rannum posted:

It's been 13 years since DP introduced wild double battles and while gamefreak are kind of incompetent I don't think they are so incompetent they can't possibly ever think of a solution to this so at this point I don't think it's less technical limitations as much as they just...don't...want you to capture 2 pokemon in one battle

It's the Pokedex entry and nickname prompt that cause the problem. Game Freak clearly doesn't want to interrupt the flow of battle by throwing up a bunch of other screens in the middle of it (not to mention that the battle may need to be unloaded in the process, requiring a whole slew of workarounds to keep it persistent). The Gamecube games handled this by only allowing you to nickname Shadow Pokemon (the only Pokemon you captured in Colosseum/XD) after they'd been purified, and skipping the Pokedex step entirely.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

EclecticTastes posted:

The Gamecube games handled this by only allowing you to nickname Shadow Pokemon (the only Pokemon you captured in Colosseum/XD) after they'd been purified, and skipping the Pokedex step entirely.

XD had those, uh, Pokéspots that you could capture at as well, but that was just in a single battle so no finicking was even needed there.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

EclecticTastes posted:

It's the Pokedex entry and nickname prompt that cause the problem. Game Freak clearly doesn't want to interrupt the flow of battle by throwing up a bunch of other screens in the middle of it (not to mention that the battle may need to be unloaded in the process, requiring a whole slew of workarounds to keep it persistent). The Gamecube games handled this by only allowing you to nickname Shadow Pokemon (the only Pokemon you captured in Colosseum/XD) after they'd been purified, and skipping the Pokedex step entirely.

Eh, that stuff could just get backlogged to the end of the fight and done back to back if you caught both dudes. I'm pretty sure they just don't want it to be a thing because it's easier to make this way and not a huge issue people care about.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

FoolyCharged posted:

Eh, that stuff could just get backlogged to the end of the fight and done back to back if you caught both dudes. I'm pretty sure they just don't want it to be a thing because it's easier to make this way and not a huge issue people care about.

Anyone who's encountered a shiny in a double battle has shed tears over this friend.

Especially because your forced doubles partner is either gonna kill them or some splash attack does or they die to recoil.

It... Is hell.

Edit: there's also the fact that this then means that item use needs to be recoded. Right now items either just target your active poke, bring up the menu for your party pokes, or throw a ball. To change pokeball in doubles, they'd have to redo that system at least partially

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Req.Martyr posted:

Especially because your forced doubles partner is either gonna kill them or some splash attack does or they die to recoil.

But Splash doesn't do any damage!

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back. Today's update isn't going to be very long, but it's monumentally important.

We're going down into the depths of Maelstrom 9, back to the old, abandoned Abyssal Cult base.

Nobody's been down here since Audrey got bodied out of the moon pool.

Hmm... could have sworn I looted this place. Oh well!

The base is now full of pools of water.

The teleporters still work, so it only takes a moment to find the right room.

This is just below where we fought and beat Audrey.

Though the moon pool has since flooded.

We need to dive down here.

In theory I suppose you could have come down here earlier, but I'm not sure what happens if you do. The event at the far back only triggers once Damian has called you after being cured.

This is the Deep Cavern. There are no wild encounters in here. There are a few items in here, including a couple of TMs and a Mega Stone.

Despite appearances, there aren't boulder mazes.

The cave itself is remarkably small, it only appears big because of the darkness.

Not being interrupted by a wild battle every 6 steps in a cave is weird.

Anyway, what this cave does have are water current puzzles. They're exactly like the Rocket Hideout tiles, except you're in a dark area and so you can't see everything at once in order to make an informed decision.

I used the wiki instead.

So these screenshots show how I got through here.

This isn't a great "puzzle" because it's just guessing completely blindly.

But that was the last water current.

:toot:

The final cave is fully lit.

Oh, hey Damian!

Lugia and Kyogre are fighting...

Over Audrey!

Lugia!

Amy, it's injured! That attack from Kyogre... it wasn't normal. It must be holding an item of some sort that boosts its strength.
Damian! Is that you?
Audr... mom. Yeah, it's me. The Deoxys thing is gone. I thought that you... you...

Can you help me out, please?! While Kyogre is busy distracted with Lugia? I'm in over my head here. I just want to get out.
This isn't over. We're going to have a VERY serious talk. About everything.

We got this poo poo no problem.

Hopefully, the legendary pokemon won't notice. I'll rush back down as quickly as I can, and we can take on Kyogre, together.

This should be no... hoooly poo poo. That Kyogre is higher level than even Cirno.

Lugia is here to help us against Kyogre.

First, let's clear the chaff.

Crap...

Lugia is supposed to Thunder Wave the Kyogre. Instead it decided to use, I assume, Sky Attack.

Two Thunderbolts gets Kyogre down to critical, and paralyzes it.

That's two now.

Five Ancient balls later...

Lugia fucks back off to the Whirl Islands. Do you remember, way the gently caress back, where we fought Audrey the first time? Well, it can be found up a waterfall at the far back end of that chamber.

That same chamber where we fought Audrey is also home to Delta Gardevoirite and Delta Galladeite. You can get them with Tesseract. I say this because I'm not going back to the Whirl Islands for neither love nor money.

How is it that you ALWAYS end up battling the legendaries? Yeesh. Almost like you're more important than everyone else. I guess you're the Augur now, so fair enough. It seems the storms and stuff have stopped on the surface, so the problem seems to be dealt with.

Me too, Damian. Me too.

I'm really not happy with her but... I don't want her gone, you know? Just... I know it's going to be hard. Anyways, I really appreciate it. Hopefully you were able to get something out of the trip.

Damian, the trip was worth it because you're Amy's best friend. That alone made the trip worthwhile.

This is back in the first dark chamber. There's no way to know this is here, but...

I hate that Mega Crawdaunt is such a late acquisition. Audrey really put hers to good use, and it seems really strong. But I don't think you can get down here until Damian calls you.

Anyway, that's the end of the update. But that's awfully short, right? So let's set up the next one while we're here.

Down into the Black Market we go...

Reukra seems to be gone...

Gone to have one last chance. The entrance seems to be in Amphitrite City. -R

Reukra is off to the Void Gauntlet. He wouldn't be going to the Home of the Timeless, and anything else connected to Amphitrite City is too mundane for his notice.

Nothing good can come of his snooping around in the liminal space between this world and the Antimatter World.

This is the last time we'll ever have to come back to the Crystal Caves. So I'll point this out while we're here.

We don't catch it. Not for lack of trying, mind. It just doesn't want to say in any balls I throw at it.

But if you're going for pokedex completion, it's good to know where Diancie is.

That's... not good.

And that's the end of this update.

1. Defeat the Timeless
  2. Explore the Holon Region
  3. The Original Dragon
  4. Missingno
  5. Relic Song
  6. The Magma Stone
  7. Cured Damian
  8. The Parcel
  9. Rescued Audrey
  10. The Finale

NEXT TIME: The Pokemon Inusurgence postgame story finale. Don't miss it!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wow.

So Audrey explicitly lives, but not Calreath.

They could have easily BSed something like his team keeping him alive by constantly using rain moves.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Tallgeese posted:

Wow.

So Audrey explicitly lives, but not Calreath.

They could have easily BSed something like his team keeping him alive by constantly using rain moves.

At least Damien is in a better place. Kid deserves it :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am happy that Damien seems to be doing well.