Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Did I miss the conclusion, or have we not seen the end of that item trading chain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Did I miss the conclusion, or have we not seen the end of that item trading chain?

After the story finale, there's several things that open up. I'll show off the conclusion to the trade sequence with all that.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Finally, things are starting to go right for Damian, after all this time. Not only has he been freed from the Deoxys virus, he also got his mom back :unsmith:.

This game has surprisingly few actual deaths. I think only the Darkrai cultist and Cal have actually died.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I think the gym leader before Mega Rayquaza also died?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

OgretailFood posted:

I think the gym leader before Mega Rayquaza also died?

Maybe, maybe not. From the ghost of the cultist:

DoubleNegative posted:

Oh good. Amy is seeing ghosts now.

: Most legendaries don't In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Rayquaza rescued East somehow.

Given that even Audrey survived, I'm going to guess that Rayquaza did save him.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

It’s interesting how the game keeps having dark scenes but then revealing “no, actually it was fine”. Remember the hiker and his family from so long ago?

I don’t mind, it’s just kind of an odd trend. I almost wonder if it’s the developers changing their minds over time, though the turnaround on the hiker was very fast so maybe not.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I think at this point, the only cult leader who actually died was Zenith. For some stupid reason, the battle knocked him clean out. And then his part of the base collapsed on top of his head. He never shows back up after his defeat.

We can definitely safely say... Final On-Screen Confirmed Deaths: 1

On the other hand... Possible Deaths: East, Zenith, Calreath, Jaern?, Nyx?, that one researcher in Holon Marsh who got trapped in a Tesseract rift?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

A couple Darkrai cultists got fireblasted, even though the sacrificed one didn't actually die.

You're right that it gets much less edgy as it goes on though, even Calreath is more "actual plot-earned tragedy" than pointless edginess.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, Manaphy does have a switching ability, so they could handwave Calreath being mentioned as alive in Azurite.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Draxion posted:

A couple Darkrai cultists got fireblasted, even though the sacrificed one didn't actually die.

You're right that it gets much less edgy as it goes on though, even Calreath is more "actual plot-earned tragedy" than pointless edginess.

Yeah, and we also get to know Calreath, which actually gives his disappearance weight. It's not senseless death like another fangame currently being LP'd

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So how do escape ropes actually work???

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So how do escape ropes actually work???

You ever see those snake charmer guys that can like, raise a rope into the air with their pipes?

It's nothing like that, but they're cool, right?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
escape ropes have tiny abras in them

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

They operate via wormholes. The ropes are the worms.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Maybe, maybe not. From the ghost of the cultist:

Given that even Audrey survived, I'm going to guess that Rayquaza did save him.

Didn't Damian have to loot East's body just to find his badge? Pretty sure the dude died.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BisbyWorl posted:

Didn't Damian have to loot East's body just to find his badge? Pretty sure the dude died.

He found them on the ground. East got turned into... a green ball thing.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
The stoner gym leader is still ok right

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

DoubleNegative posted:

I think at this point, the only cult leader who actually died was Zenith. For some stupid reason, the battle knocked him clean out. And then his part of the base collapsed on top of his head. He never shows back up after his defeat.

We can definitely safely say... Final On-Screen Confirmed Deaths: 1

On the other hand... Possible Deaths: East, Zenith, Calreath, Jaern?, Nyx?, that one researcher in Holon Marsh who got trapped in a Tesseract rift?
Pokemon Insurgence: six different cults and the game still has a smaller body count than Mewtwo did in the first movie.:v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kitfox88 posted:

The stoner gym leader is still ok right

I forgot about the mega bong

so dumb and so good

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The next update will be coming in a little bit. But while I work on it, I wanted to share the last three chapter headings. The spoilered one deals with the upcoming update.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back and... is that Dawn?

He's become too powerful... I couldn't take him down.

We're hot on the trail of Reukra, and it looks like he's been tearing through The Timeless.

I'm gonna be cutting out a lot of the trip, because it's still the same terrain from the 47th update.

???

The screen flashes and shakes.

That's probably not good.

Anyway, it's a Salamence against Cirno. Just guess how this goes.

There's a couple AZURE FLUTE EMERGENCY DEFENSE SYSTEM trainers that pop up. My guess is that they're meant to stop someone from using it and Amy is accidentally helping Reukra while trying to stop him.

I'd say you could make an educated guess about what's going on, but the game all but spells it out for you. Reukra has the Azure Flute and is using it.

Farther in we find Suzerain.

The Flute he has... the power it gives him is unreal...

A few areas later, Steven is hanging out.

I've been hearing that flute echo through the caverns for hours. What is he playing? What could such a powerful artifact do?

In the Pokemon Village, we can use our flying carpet to get a new item.

Mega Chatot has the Amplifier (Sound-based moves deal 1.5x damage) ability, and 147 base SpAtk. It's still Normal/Flying, but... drat. That's one hell of a combination.

The Unknown Dungeon is the area right after Pokemon Village.

Again, this goes like you imagine it would.

Pokemon Tower, floor 2.

A Gothitelle, really?

It mega evolves, but...

My team is extremely badass at this point.

Moltres is behind that Relic Song wall. I don't even bother going to look at it. I didn't catch either of its buddies, and we've got more important things to worry about at the moment.

Cynthia is just past the wall.

He tore through me and my team. If you fight him... this might be your toughest challenge yet, Amy.

The Giant Chasm is so deep in the Void Gauntlet that I had completely forgotten about this rock climb wall.

Uh... thanks. We can't get Kyurem in the version that the LP is playing on. It was supposed to spawn on Victory Road after we defeated Taen, but due to a bug it doesn't. There's a patch on the Insurgence Discord to fix it, but that same patch also breaks Delta Ditto's ability to breed with Delta Species.

The Hall of Legends, where we're currently at, is right next to where we fought Nyx.

Two legendaries at once are waking up.

Naturally it's the Diamond and Peal cover legendaries.

Cirno one shots Palkia...

Dialga one shots Cirno...

And then Mega Aragog one shots Dialga!

I also have a large stockpile of rare candies just because I found a bunch across the game. So I raise everyone to Aragog's level.

While we're here, because we're never coming back...

Let's go kick Reukra's rear end up and down the block.

Oh, look who it is. I shouldn't be surprised you showed up.

By the way, this scene is laggy as gently caress thanks to the gigantic particle effect above Reukra.

You have a knack for always appearing when exciting things are happening. I'm going for broke, Amy. This is probably the most extreme thing I've ever done.

I don't know how Taen stumbled across such an incredible artifact, but I'm thankful he didn't know how to use it. Could you imagine the disaster the world would be with Arceus under his control? But me, on the other hand...

From the original dragon, to Mewtwo, to Delta Species, to armors... They've all fallen short. Nothing was as perfect as I needed it to be.

Let's be honest here, the Original Dragon was all Taen, and the dude is incompetent as hell.

The legends say Arceus created the universe. The strongest pokemon of all time. I was going to leave Torren forever, but the opportunity to see Arceus outweighs anything else. As I'm sure you know, the domain of a legendary pokemon is tied to its artifact.

So apparently the Whirl Islands we explored much earlier in the LP are just straight up the Johto Whirl Islands. :psyduck:

All I had to do was play the flute. I sounded terrible- I'm no musician- but it seems to have done the trick. Finally, after many years, Arceus is awakening. Bwahahahahahahaha! I'll be unstoppable! Undefeatable!

It's kinda my job.

Kid, I don't think you get it. Do you really think that if you win, I'll just leave? No. I refuse to be stopped. I'll crush you, and together with the strongest pokemon of all, show the world exactly what true perfection is!

Reukra is much the same as he was in the championship fight. The only thing to watch out for is Delta Goodra, otherwise, it's just a straight up duel.

So let's get some appropriate music...

Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad (Final Tier)

Armored Tyranitar vs ScubaSteve!

:owned:

Sadly Centaurion isn't here to put down pretenders, so Steve will have to do instead.

You sent out your Bisharp, mega evolved it, and then used a Max Revive? Why? For that matter how!?

Steve, by the way, one shot it.

Tyranitar comes back out and...

Down it goes once again. This time for good.

This really isn't a good pick, but for some reason my team doesn't have a grass move.

Yiiikes. Goodra dealt half of Glory's health through Multiscale.

So I think a single buff was enough.

This poor Noivern is about to enter a world of pain.

Cirno took a little under half her health in damage, and in return the Noivern took a 4x hit from her Ice Beam.

And at 110, she's far from the strongest thing on my team.

Dark Mewtwo vs Aragog, round 2!

:stare: The only reason Aragog survived was because he mega evolved.

Dark Mewtwo should have hit a little harder.

Delta Volcarona vs Aragog, round 2!

It actually survives the hit this time, and then takes out Aragog with Giga Drain.

Ramses is here to pick up the slack!

Reukra just delayed our victory by a single turn.

Because Gale Wings is a wonderful ability.

:smug:

No matter. Arceus is nearly awake. This is it. This is the moment I've waited my entire life for.

Arceus Battle

The perfect pokemon. I have one Master Ball left. You're mine.

Either he missed or Arceus just no-sold that Master Ball.

And then it flung him aside like he was a pair of old socks.

Oh hell...

Primal Arceus is Normal/Dragon type, and its ability is Ancient Presence. According to the wiki, it... "User moves ignore most weaknesses, resistances and immunities."

quote:

All moves used will not deal "Not very effective" damage, or deal less than 1x damage via Pokemon type resistance. This ability also allows some moves that otherwise wouldn't hit a Pokemon due to having a type immunity to hit for full damage. Though, this comes at the downside of doing normal damage when otherwise the user would have done double or quadruple damage from "Super effective" damage.

Oh and its stats jump up to 820BST.

In short... gently caress that.

Welp, now I'm completely out of Master Balls. And the game doesn't give you more than 3 unless you abuse the Sonata City Races.

Absolutely unbelievable. Somehow you're always able to scam your way into the most ridiculous victories. And somehow you're even able to beat perfection. True perfection. Even the pokemon who was said to have created the universe kneels to you.

I can deal with grown-ups. They scare easily! But somehow, children and their pokemon always seem to beat trained adults. Maybe I'll visit Kanto. I'm sure that never happens there. No way any mobster loses to some nerdy kid there.

The way things are going, probably another kid. If I were you? I'd go check it out. I heard some Champion-level strength kid from Vesryn was visiting. The way this region is going, they'll probably end up being the Champion for your rematches.

Taen was a terrible assistant. But if you ever want to make some money on the side, let me know, hmm?

And that's all five cults permanently dismantled! We've finished the postgame story for Pokemon Insurgence!

I don't have anything else recorded. This LP is technically complete now. So instead I'm going to take reasonable requests for the final update(s).

First off...

1. Defeat the Timeless
  2. Explore the Holon Region
  3. The Original Dragon
  4. Missingno
  5. Relic Song
  6. The Magma Stone
  7. Cured Damian
  8. The Parcel
  9. Rescued Audrey
  10. Subjugated Arceus

All postgame sidequests complete!

So, here's a list of things I can possibly show off...

• Find Thundurus
  • Find Tornadus
  • Find Landorus
  • Find Mewtwo
  • Catch Delta Larvesta
  • Find Entei
  • Find Raikou
  • Find Suicune
  • Find Ho-Oh
  • Finish the trade sequence (Find Genesect)
  • Challenge the Elite Four Rematch

And if we defeat the Elite Four a second time, seven more legendaries become available to capture, plus the devs can then be challenged. I don't particularly want to re-challenge the Elite Four, but I am willing to.

So thread, what's it gonna be?

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
I say:

1. Finish the trade quest

2. Elite Four Rematch

3. Dev Island, then call it a well done LP.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

No. I will not fight the devs.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Finish the trade sequence and rematch the Elite Four (this one is not necessary), or at least show their teams wiki-style for the curious.

I still love how the legendaries (except Rayquaza) have no respect for the cult leaders, also Primal Arceus is adorable, it's so fat and pudgy. :3:

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 20, 2019

GregorCanteberry
Feb 12, 2014
drat. Reukra is seriously the best character in this game, and I don't really know why. That last speech, man, he admits you kicked his rear end, but he still offers you a job as his assistant one day. The balls on him.

I really enjoyed this LP from you, and now I really want to play the follow up when it comes out. Thank you so much. You seriously don't have to do anything else, i'm pretty satisfied. Although I would be interested in seeing the Elite Four rematch.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Arceus is just so pudgy, I cant take it seriously. The big, adorable nerd looks like its wearing a Giratina kigurumi.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Delta Larvesta is good and cool and my friend and also a delta, so you should go catch him.

And also finish the trade sequence and elite four rematches, I guess.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Does anything change if you just faint Arceus?

It's kind of odd that Reukra doesn't point out that Arceus let you catch it, since it already just said "nah" to a Master Ball.

Speaking of Reukra... I wonder if it's coincidence that his name is a slightly tweaked Arceus backwards.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Does anything change if you just faint Arceus?

Doesn't appear so, no. KOing or catching Arceus sets flag 512 "beat_arceus" and Reukra's post-battle dialogue only reflects that flag.

Then after he walks off, flag 509 "end_land_of_God" is set which lets you challenge the Elite Four rematch, catch Mewtwo, catch Delta Larvesta, and lets the Gen 2 roamers loose on the map. It also supposedly lets you catch Dialga and Palkia, but there's two different events governing their appearance, and the second one also lists flag 0481 "E4_REMATCH" as a requirement, so who knows. :shrug:

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Well done taking out Reukra at last. As for the other stuff...

-Show us where you’d find the legendaries. Catching them is optional. If you don’t do the E4 rematches, show and or tell us where the other seven would be and what they are.
-Finish the Trade Quest. I really wanna know the ending of going from paperclip to robot bug with laser.
-Even if you don’t do Dev Isle Hell, tell us about what it unlocks when you complete it. Surely there’s something locked behind it, like dex completion or something, right?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Why does Primal Arceus look like Giratina?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Congrats!!! You beat Insurgence! What a fun ride!

I vote Find Suicune because I love that sparkly crystal dog shaped creature.

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
I’d love for you to do the Elite Four rematch. It would also be cool if you showed us Dev Island and why the teams are bullshit or whatever. Definitely don’t have to beat it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'd say to finish the trade sequence and show the new Elite 4 and Dev teams.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is mega-shadow-mewtwo-x in the current version of Insurgence? that'd be amusing-ish to see.

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Finish the trade sequence, show the legendaries, beat the elite four again, at least talk about the Dev Island without doing it, and show the bonus you'd get if you did the impossible/implausible and completed the Pokedex

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Trade Sequence, then show off why the Elite 4 and Devs are bullshit. Don't have to beat them, but I'd say at least show why.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoubleNegative posted:

I can deal with grown-ups. They scare easily! But somehow, children and their pokemon always seem to beat trained adults. Maybe I'll visit Kanto. I'm sure that never happens there. No way any mobster loses to some nerdy kid there.

Oh ain't that the truth :allears:

Trade sequence though, neutral on the rest

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how God just casually pulls a powerup out of our bag. That's a great intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Aside from the giratina ornamentation (Which, considering the lore of Insurgence, I get), I actually like the design of Primal Arceus.

Oh and hey, our protagonist again gets recognized as being the strongest trainer who can maybe actually deal with stuff, and then gets to be badass and get recognized for it! It sure is nice when that happens.

Reukra continues to be a pretty cool guy. How do you all pronounce his name, anyway? My brain has been going "roykra."

I would like to see the rest of the trade sequence, where the legendaries are/how to get them, and what's up with delta caterpillar at least. E4 rematch and the stuff after depends on how much energy you have left.