Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

serefin99 posted:

It was in Gen 3 as well. I distinctly remember Kid Me using a rare candy on my fainted Gardevoir and being surprised when it came back to life.

yep, sure remember treating rare candies as emergency out of battle revives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

As mentioned in that thread, Katuna would've sufficed, and been a bit more Pokmon-like.

Or indeed, Kartana, the pun the official games decided to go with.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Kartana is a card, though, not a tuna.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Draxion posted:

Kartana is a card, though, not a tuna.

Kartuna.

...At that point, it just sounds like a Cartoon Pokemon rather than a tuna, though.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

As mentioned in that thread, Katuna would've sufficed, and been a bit more Pokémon-like.

Yeah but daikatuna is loving hilariious and “katuna” isn’t

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Katuna is funny.
Daikatuna is hilarious.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
FWIW, "dai-katana" (meaning 'big sword') is a common misreading of the kanji used to write the word nodachi, which is basically the Japanese version of the oversized two-handed claymore type of sword. They're a real thing and not necessarily a video game joke.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

serefin99 posted:

It was in Gen 3 as well. I distinctly remember Kid Me using a rare candy on my fainted Gardevoir and being surprised when it came back to life.

Here to confirm it was in Gen 1 as well; I used a Rare Candy as a revive when I was out of resources in Yellow.

Lyumia
Nov 7, 2018

Glutton for Punishment

Cardiovorax posted:

FWIW, "dai-katana" (meaning 'big sword') is a common misreading of the kanji used to write the word nodachi, which is basically the Japanese version of the oversized two-handed claymore type of sword. They're a real thing and not necessarily a video game joke.

Soooo what I'm getting is that if it was more literal it'd be like ffvii's masamune but with a fish as a the hilt

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Lyumia posted:

Soooo what I'm getting is that if it was more literal it'd be like ffvii's masamune but with a fish as a the hilt
In all seriousness: yes, pretty much. They're not quite that big for structural reasons, but it's close. That's basically exactly what you'd get.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome back! 37 hours in and we're about to start the road to the second half of the badges.

We pick up immediately where we last left off, with Audrey presumably dead and the Abyssal Cult disbanded. It's kinda odd... they've been the cult we've seen the most since the beginning of the game, and now there aren't any more of them at all.

Before too long, we'll move on to the Infernal Cult. But for now, let's enjoy the brief respite. In fact, the half-naked underwear model glitch fixed itself. So now we have the proper Lapras sprite! :toot:

Before we move on to the meat of today's update, let's do some really quick backtracking for a couple items.

To start off with, we're here in the Crossroads. This is the route just south of the city with the second gym.

Surprisingly few members of our team can use this. Accuracy and Attack up is a pretty good status move!

Next up, we're back in Helios City. This really dark spot in one of the city's ponds is a shortcut.

We don't have too many more reasons to come down here, but we now have a shortcut into the Black Market. :shrug:

This was on the way to the next thing, so I grabbed it.

Just west of the Dept. Store entrance of the Helios Sewers is this fan. Ignore the ghostly pokeball, it's just an animation smear.

You all get to skip over the tedium of this puzzle, so be thankful for that.

That's 3/3 currently obtainable. There's only a couple more available before the postgame. For the record, we could have gotten this as soon as we'd gotten to Helios. I just didn't want to because gently caress sliding tile puzzles.

The last bit of backtracking takes us back to Route 9, just east of Selene City.

Oh hey! This little lady here is kinda cute.

Dunno if I'll ever use her, but now I have an adorable keychain pokemon.

I'm pleading guilty so lock me up and throw away the key!

I've been waiting for this one! Such a useful coverage move.

Anyway, time to level grind, so I'll see you all on the other side.

23,176 XP! And, yes, we're using Beeisel because you all asked for it and because she's a really good pick for the gym we'll be facing later in this very update.

The team is largely the same as the one we used against Audrey. Snorflax and Soft Serve were replaced with Fancy and Beeisel. The other four are still the same levels as before, so there's no need to show them off.

For her part, Beeisel has the defenses and the health necessary to take hits while she uses Shift Gear enough to become faster than greased lightning. Energy Ball is there as a coverage move, but I should really replace it with something physical to make use of the stat boosts.

Uh... neat. Not really a fan of the "high power, but deals recoil" style of moves, though. Especially not in this city of all places.

I don't know why, but this pair are blocking off the ability to talk to the pika taxi man in Kepler City now. We can't even do anything with the secret lab at the moment, so legitimately unsure of what the hell is going on here. :psyduck:

So Fancy is actually not a good pick for this gym. A lot of the random trainers inside and Anastasia herself all are well prepared for Earthquake shenanigans.

I don't give a gently caress.

Electric-types!

Beeisel is the pro pick here. Trust me.

He had a Rotom and a Scizor and it's kind of a nice overview of the gym in general. Everyone in here uses Steel and/or Electric and only on the gym leader will the two meet. It's not really a theme because of how many types can get attached to Steel.

The interior of the gym is a maze because it's a pokemon fangame. Of course there's a maze every 5 seconds. If there isn't, the map maker will lose their RPG Maker license key. It's part of the Terms of Service. Check it out sometime.

Fancy is getting more use from Rollout in here than any other move.

Can I use more than electric types if I want to become one?

:ocelot:

Don't sulk. Nobody likes a pouter.

: Well, well, well. Look who it is! The hero who single-handedly shut down the Abyssal Cult. I have to admit: that's very impressive. You have my thanks, on behalf of everyone in this town.

Something about that unnecessary colon is rubbing me the wrong way.

: The storms faded away, and we cleared the streets of all the water. Everything looks like it's going to be all right. But let's not keep you waiting any longer! Allow me to introduce myself, you know, officially.

: The theme of my Gym is machinery- as such, I specialize in Steel and Electric-types. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited for this battle. I mean, it's not every day you get to beat someone who dismantled a cult!

Two cults. :saddowns: The Sky Cult is gone and Jaern is off doing god only knows what.

: My pokemon work together like the gears in a machine! You might have beaten Audrey, Amy... but you won't Faraday against me!

Anastasia's team is well protected against Earthquake spam with all those Air Balloons. Also more than one member of her team can smash Ground's weakness to Ice. This is why Fancy is a terrible pick for this gym.

Klefki, however, is not protected from Earthquake. That steel typing gives it a weakness to ground, in fact.

First blood!

I'm not really sure what I was thinking here. :shrug:

Will-O-Wisp puts a damper on HenryDavid's usual shenanigans.

So we just have to improvise instead.

Two Bulk Ups later, Anastasia can't resist using Volt Switch.

That burn really puts a damper on HenryDavid's effectiveness. But we won't have to worry about that much longer because...

That was to be expected, honestly. If the burn didn't get him, then a mega-evolution boosted Zen Headbutt would have.

Beeisel comes out while Metagross mega digivolves.

Beeisel's ironclad defenses makes her an ideal tank. So let's push in the clutch and shift gears.

Not even Mega Metagross particularly likes taking a Lava Plume to the chin.

That's two down!

I keep saying it, but that doesn't make it any less true. Beeisel is pretty much the ideal tank for this Gym. She can dish out the hits pretty drat hard, and can take anything these jerks can serve. She's not even down by a third of her HP after multiple Mega Metagross-boosted Zen Headbutts.

We'll just shift into third while we wait and see what Electivire will do.

This is gonna be one of those fights, I see.

Electivire has Cross Chop, which does hit for supereffective on Beeisel. But for whatever reason, the AI feels it's a lot more important to keep using Double Team.

That's both of her Full Restores gone.

Probably gonna be seeing more and more of this as the LP wears on. I've got a lot of Hyper Potions and I know how to use them!

You cheeky little fucker!

This fight has already gone on much longer than either East's or Harmony's battles did.

Despite Electivire's evasiveness being raised four stages, Beeisel was a champ and landed every hit on her foe.

I honestly feel kinda bad for Magnezone.

If Lava Plume dealt physical damage, we'd already be on to the next challenger. Oh well!

No really. What's with the loving AI and Volt Switch? They can't stay away from it.

Hydro Pump will gently caress up Beeisel in short order. So let's roll the dice on it being inaccurate as poo poo. Energy Ball will gently caress up Washing Machine Rotom all day.

:smug:

I love Lava Plume. :allears:

gently caress yeah!

: No, seriously. That was an awesome battle.

: It's standard to give a TM too, right? Here you are!

I'm gonna take back some of the things I said about you, Anastasia.

: I'm off to work on a side project. I'll be in my workshop under the Gym if you need me. Just don't come in for a while. I'm working on something... private.

This is something you really have to give this game credit for. The NPCs praise the hell out of you and recognize your accomplishments. That's something in seriously short supply.

: What a weird place to put a workshop.

NEXT TIME: Taen walked into that underground lab. We probably shouldn't leave him alone with Anastasia.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Oh, she's a rocket bee... burning up her foes out there all alone. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she's a rocket bee.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Heh, the scientist names feel thematically appropriate, at least for a Pokemon game. These are kid of in-your-face gag, but then again it's all concentrated in one place.
Unlinke Uranium, which named it's main antagonist Curie.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DoubleNegative posted:

: My pokemon work together like the gears in a machine! You might have beaten Audrey, Amy... but you won't Faraday against me!

I audibly groaned at this one, but gently caress me that's a good pun. :allears:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
good ol’ Pokemon AI. Give a Pokémon a great moveset and Double Team and it’ll spam DT almost every time, even with a type advantage.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Between the thematically appropiate names, silly in a good way lines ("Well, evidently, I need to reconsider my theory" made me actually laugh), proper acknowledgement of the player's achievements and positive reinforcement, it's another moment where Insurgence feels like a proper Pokemon game. A bit too difficult perhaps, but it hits the correct beats when it isn't trying to be overly edgy and that's worth praise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Couple things here:

1. Does the easy mode fight dispense of the balloons?
2. The balloons themselves are annoying, but when you have a gym that is entirely week to such things, it makes sense to have it. There's still other ways to win, unlike Reborn which completely takes away any potential advantage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

iospace posted:

1. Does the easy mode fight dispense of the balloons?

On Electivire and Aegislash, yeah. Magnezone still has one.

Klefki and Rotom both lose their Leftovers, too.

Also instead of Prankster T-Wave, that drat Klefki has Prankster Spikes, which I almost feel like is more annoying. God I hate entry hazards.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 27, 2018

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
"Don't get too excited, you'll change state!" is a really good line. What a charming update this one was :allears:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Kitfox88 posted:

"Don't get too excited, you'll change state!" is a really good line. What a charming update this one was :allears:
Yeah, I genuinely laughed at that one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

That's really exactly the kind of cheesy joke a Science Gym leader from the real games would make.

even if the place looks more like junkyard and it bothers the hell out of me

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more we should probably stop whatever plans Taen has for Anastasia. Today's update will be a short one, it's just a bunch of story being dumped in our laps.

It's very easy to be drawn straight in here after the gym fight. Be abso-fuckin-lutely sure you heal up before you go in. If you fought Anastasia without a Delta Vespiquen, you probably had a rough go of it. There's another boss fight in here, and it's kind of mean of the game to draw your attention to Taen immediately after the gym because you aren't expecting two boss fights back to back.

: All right, Taen, your commission is done. I'm wiping my hands of it. I don't want to be involved with this creepy cult stuff anymore.
: $1,000,000 has been wired to your PokeBank account, as agreed. That was our end. Now show me the suit I paid for.
: ...very well.

: The armor has been made to your exact specifications. It'll increase the defensive stats of a pokemon that wears it. I did a bit of research. The only pokemon that fits your measurements is... well, Zekrom.

: Do you honestly expect me to believe you have Zekrom too?
: I really don't care if you believe it. The truth is the truth. Great work. The armor looks sturdy and functional.

Anastasia's armor is gonna be a pain in our rear end for the rest of the game.

: I've heard stories about Zekrom, but I never thought I'd see it myself. How is it that you've caught two legendary pokemon? Most people never even see one in their lifetimes!

: I don't try to coax or convince them to join us. Have you seen how other cults operate? They just ask them to join. It's no wonder they never succeed. Common sense, come on. A strong pokeball is so much more effective than messing around.

Fair enough.

: Anyways, it seems to fit fine. Do you have the other armors we commissioned?
: I... yes...

: Orion? Amy? What on earth are you two doing here? How did you get in?
: I just walked through the door. It wasn't guarded or anything.
: Oh... Why are you here, though? Shouldn't you be managing your Gym?
: I came because my friend told me to. There was s-

: You again! Stay away from me and my pal! I don't know what you want, but you'll never put your hands on them!
: It really is adorable, how brave kids are. I appreciate you coming though. This saves me the trouble of finding Reshiram myself.

: Zekrom, the Dragon of Ideals! Now bound in protective armor, it is stronger and tougher than ever before! It's perfect fusion of both pokemon and machine!

No I didn't forget a word. Taen actually says that.

: Zekrom... joined you? Why would it choose to join forces with something like you?
: It didn't. I caught it. It's very easy to get a pokemon to obey you once you've tamed it.
: You're a monster.

Stones and glass houses there, Orion.

: Then why don't you try and stop me? A duel between dragons... winner takes all. Unless, of course, you don't care about what happens to Zekrom.
: I do care... but you have a suit of armor! That isn't fair at all!

: No. I'll do it. Reshiram, come out! I don't know what on earth your problem is, but I'll be gosh-darned if you're going to walk all over me, too!

: Very well. Zekrom, crush this worm.
: Reshiram, attack!

They slam into each other a few times.

: We... we're not doing any damage at all!
: Zekrom, this is getting boring. Finish it.

I'm pretty sure Taen just threw a ball at Reshiram and caught it.

: To the victor go the spoils. It looks like an armored legendary pokemon is able to take out an armor-less one. That's pretty indicative of the power of these armors, if you ask me.

: Do you think you can beat the perfect combination of science and myth? Bring it on. I want payback for what happened in Helios City.

Taen favors dragon types and seems set up to try and fight their weakness to Ice in particular. For whatever reason, this is actually a tougher fight than the one we just finished.

Dracolich eats this psychic pig for breakfast.

Mega Delta Charizard hits Grumpig with a damage-boosted supereffective Dark version of Solar Beam. Or to put it another way...

Oh by the way, Soft Serve is here just to fight off Zekrom.

Despite Zekrom's shiny new armor, Freeze Dry fucks it right up for half its health.

Yeah, the Draco Meteor hurt, but it only got a single one off. So much for Taen's armor theory, eh?

Um...? I'm sure there's a reason you'd want to nerf Luxray's physical attacks, but I sure as poo poo don't see it.

Believe it or not, Fancy has yet to come into her own. That day is still a little ways off yet.

I tried to sweep the Pyroar by exploiting its vulnerability to ground. At the time I didn't realize what its hidden power was...

Ice HP is a pretty good defense against ground types.

On the other hand, a draconic demilich blasting fools with beams of pure, concentrated dark energy is hard to defend against.

Pyroar tried to blast our lich with Flame Blast. It didn't work.

Seriously, those stats. Yeah they're the mega evolved stats, but oh my god.

Hm...

I do like Shadow Ball, but I'm gonna give Ghost Fly a try for a while.

This was just stupidity on my part. My mind went to trying to exploit Kyurem's dragon typing, forgetting that it resists ice.

Soft Serve is doing remarkably well for being at a disadvantage here.

Sigh.

Okay, take two!

I love my engine bee.

But I do not like Kyurem.

I haven't run the numbers, but alternating between Substitue and Roost doesn't seem like it would work out in your favor.

Beeisel keeps shifting gears...

Kyurem tried to Dragon Claw the bee, but her defenses are too on point.

Beeisel hits 4th Gear and is ready to kick rear end.

:smug: Hit the Substitute so hard that the original flinched!

Hopefully these past two updates have shown why I love Delta Vespiquen so much.

Battle of the Mega Charizards.

In retrospect, Dragon Pulse was probably the better move to use here. It would have hit Mega Charizard X for supereffective damage.

Taen is overfond of Dragon Claw as a move, I feel. Though that may just be my being annoyed at the RNG deciding that nope, Dracolich was going down.

Honestly, I would have been better served leaving Beeisel out and just having her ram her head into Charizard X repeatedly.

I thought I had won with the last move and apparently not. Charizard X appears to be hanging on with a single HP. Another Iron Head leater...

: It shows potentital, but it's definitely not complete yet. Orion, is it? You want Reshiram back? Visit the Dragon Ruin near Selene City. That's where I'll be.

: Each can do unique things the other couldn't hope to try. If we could combine the talents of both people and pokemon... Perfection... perfection could finally be achieved.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

: What a nutcase. That's the craziest thing I've heard in my life.
: Selene City... Anastasia, isn't the ruin near Selene City the one that's totally off-limits?
: Orion, you're not seriously considering...?
: I have to, Anastasia. I need to do it for Reshiram. It was my friend before I even knew it was a pokemon. It supported me even when the entire city was against me.

: Well, today was eventful. Listen, Amy. Don't judge me about the armor thing. I didn't know he was a cultist until today. I'd never even seen him before.

Ohh I'm judging.

: They're not perfect, but they'll get the job done. Let me know if you're interested.

And we're free to explore the lab.

Over to the left we find a bunch of appliances for Rotom. So if anyone is interested, I can grab a Beldum outside now.

Anastasia sells three types of armor.

Tyranitar Armor - Increases the base Defense and base Special Defense stats of Tyranitar by 1.3x when held.
Flygon Armor - Increases the base Defense and base Special Defense stats of Flygon from 80 to 103 when held.
Leavanny Armor - Increases the base Defense stat by 1.4x of Leavanny and base Special Defense stat of Leavanny from 80 to 98 when held.

Zekrom's armor, for what it's worth, does the same as Tyranitar's... 1.3x defenses.

This guy is another move tutor, one with some good stuff.

Probably gonna teach Beeisel Meteor Mash in case I decide to keep using her in the future.

That's all for now, though!

Looking Ahead

Route 11

Scyther
Miltank
Sceptile
Tropius (10%)
Wynaut (15%)
Yanmega (10%)
Klink (5%)

Nasca Town

Rampardos
Shuckle
Solrock
Lunatone
Crustle (9%)
Sudowoodo (9%)
Carbink (2%)

Safari Zone Quest Reward (Can only pick one)

Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle

Safari Zone

Southwest

Flareon (First Eeveelution we can catch outside of friend safaris)
Purugly
Drapion
Weavile
Zebstrika
Leavanny
Eelektross
Heatmor

Northwest

Sandslash
Giragarig
Delibird
Sceptile
Yanmega
Audino
Amoonguss
Golurk
Deino (Will not catch if voted for. Trust me on this.)

Northeast

Kingler
Omastar
Feraligatr
Kingdra
Swanna

Southeast

Dugtrio
Marowak
Donphan
Flygon
Claydol
Cradily
Hippowdon
Excadrill
Krookodile
Diggersby

NEXT TIME: On to Nasca Town!

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Guts+Facade is Swellow's claim to fame. It's a gimmick that you'd better not underestimate.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, basically Guts makes you ignore the attack drop from Burn as part of its activation.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

Yaaay, caught up with the thread.

That Luxray was trying to abuse Guts. It's...really not the best user of the ability though. Too slow and frail. Though, maybe we oughta be happy these devs chose to use a subpar Guts user. If this were Reborn, I bet we'd be fighting something stupid like a PULSE Swellow.

I do like that Taen's approach to legendaries is just "gently caress asking them, we have a device specifically made for capturing them." Makes more sense than summoning the dark lord of nightmares and just hoping it doesn't just gently caress off.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It's a minor thing but this is the first mention made in this game that a master ball is a thing people have made more than one of, which I appreciate.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

DoubleNegative posted:

: I don't try to coax or convince them to join us. Have you seen how other cults operate? They just ask them to join.

Even the game is making fun of the Darkrai Cult. :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Draxion posted:

It's a minor thing but this is the first mention made in this game that a master ball is a thing people have made more than one of, which I appreciate.

My only issue is it implies that a Master Ball failed.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yeah, though that's not implausible. A dragon lasering it out of your hands before you threw it would mean it failed.

GoldGeno
Dec 26, 2018

iospace posted:

My only issue is it implies that a Master Ball failed.

I mean, there was an episode in the Hoenn arc of the anime where some fisherman tried to use a Master Ball on a giant Wishcash and it literally just ate the thing and went back into the water. No amount of "captures without fail" can stand in the way of just not letting the thing trigger in the first place.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe he's using that Master Ball encounter cheat code where you have to align the number of Master Balls in your inventory with the National Pokedex number of what you're trying to catch.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
It could also be attempting, and failing, to imply that he's caught many other legendaries, he just doesn't need them for his plan.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Draxion posted:

Yeah, though that's not implausible. A dragon lasering it out of your hands before you threw it would mean it failed.

GoldGeno posted:

I mean, there was an episode in the Hoenn arc of the anime where some fisherman tried to use a Master Ball on a giant Wishcash and it literally just ate the thing and went back into the water. No amount of "captures without fail" can stand in the way of just not letting the thing trigger in the first place.

Both good points

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

: I don't try to coax or convince them to join us. Have you seen how other cults operate? They just ask them to join. It's no wonder they never succeed. Common sense, come on. A strong pokeball is so much more effective than messing around.

Isn't it canon that pokeballs weaken legendaries? That was the whole point behind the Red Chains.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Fates End posted:

Isn't it canon that pokeballs weaken legendaries? That was the whole point behind the Red Chains.

Hence the armor! :pseudo:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

I don't try to coax or convince them to join us. Have you seen how other cults operate? They just ask them to join. It's no wonder they never succeed. Common sense, come on. A strong pokeball is so much more effective than messing around.
Pfffhahahaha, alright, that really made me laugh. Especially since I said the same thing about Audrey just a few page ago. This game really knows how the to take the piss out of itself. :allears:

The mental image of Mr. Silly Haircut going "I mean, come on, common sense, people" is already pretty funny on its own, though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"But, how do you ensure their happiness in the long term?"
"Colognes and Pokeblocks, duh."

Actually I'd love to see a villain use a legendary in a contest. "Giratina! Charm, then Flamethrower!" *++Cute, ++Tough*

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 29, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm pretty sure phantom force will hit for less than shadow ball due to Dracolich's insane Spatk stat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wouldn't two Shadow Balls be better than one Phantom Force anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!