Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

:confused: Who the hell had this dialogue originally and why are so many trainers copying it?

Hmm, maybe you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
You traded the Bulbasaur away.

Even if it was a fair trade.

You still traded the Bulbasaur away.

0/10 :colbert:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lyumia posted:

Also I thought power trick didn't apply buffs that were done before using the move.

Bulk up boosts attack and defense equally. Power Trick won't swap the boosts, but it doesn't matter in this specific case.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Power Trick is such a fantastic gimmick.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
awwww. Poke satan didn't get out for long. But seriously use Delta Magmortar or I think the thread will riot. :black101:

AlexMCS
Mar 1, 2019

DoubleNegative posted:

Delta Dratini's line is Electric/Water type. All three have Swift Swim (Boosts the Pokemon's Speed stat in rain) and Volt Absorb (Hidden; Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move) as abilities.

It's only got two weaknesses. It's a pseudolegendary that resists 5 types. It has 134 base attack. It's good!

Close enough.

I'd name it Huolon or Nalak, but Yu'lon fits the colors better so... :shrug:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I see that the Delta Dratini line still suddenly changes from a cool mystical serpent into a dopey birthday party dragon.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

megane posted:

I see that the Delta Dratini line still suddenly changes from a cool mystical serpent into a dopey birthday party dragon.

So just like
the regular Dratini

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yeah that's why the would "still" is in there, I guess

greatest evo line ever

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
At least this time the color palettes match, so Dragonite actually looks like it's from the same family. I almost wonder if it would work better if they kept the color palettes and had Dragonite have the first two's all-black eyes?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Miss posted:

yeah that's why the would "still" is in there, I guess

greatest evo line ever

Aw my mistake.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Delta Dragonite is basically Puff the Magic Dragon

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
it is neat how the delta magby line got an actually deleterious mutation

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

At least this time the color palettes match, so Dragonite actually looks like it's from the same family. I almost wonder if it would work better if they kept the color palettes and had Dragonite have the first two's all-black eyes?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Oh, I like that first Dragonite better! The all black eyes are cute.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, the all-black eyes are so much better.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
It's a huge improvement!

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

The big anime eyes are better for Dragonite because it looks like a plushie already, but I kinda prefer Dragonite's eyes on the Dragonair. It makes it look more like the archetypal wise Eastern dragon. Like, it almost makes me want Contests to come back so I could put that small-eyed Dragonair in a Smart Contest. :v:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Hello everyone and welcome back. There's another expedition camp just past this loading zone, so let's get going.

Calling it Alfa and not Alpha is so weird.

Oh hey, 'sup?

This person is the next step in the trading sequence.

big Alder fan.

I had to look up who is meant to receive this. I could tell you, but you'd go "wait, who?" because it's one of the random trainers in a gym.

Delta Maractus is pure Steel-type. Its three abilities are Motor Drive (Boosts the Speed stat when it's hit by an Electric-type move), Clear Body (Prevents other Pokemon from lowering its stats), and Trace (Hidden; The Pokemon copies an opposing Pokemon's Ability).

Besides being a Maractus-bot, I'm not really sure what to make of this guy. It can learn Shift Gear, though its SpAtk is much higher than its regular Attack. And most of what it learns are classified as Status moves. Sure is cute, though!

Toxicroaks to leave the area.

A Toxicroak nest sounds intriguing. Too bad we can't visit it.

Holon is quite an interesting region. You have a jungle in the foothills of a snowy mountain, but just past that jungle is a lake. Down from the lake is a grassland and a marsh. Down from the grassland is a desert. Further muddying things is that when you're soaring, it's miles and miles of untouched forest in every direction. The layout of this place doesn't make any sense!

:toot:

Before that shady TM dealer was added outside Amphitrite City, this was the only place to find Swords Dance. Such a useful TM being locked so late in the postgame is a bit rude. Anyway, I'm gonna head back to Torren real quick and train up ScubaSteve before we continue. There's a fire area coming up soon and I want him for it.

I had actually stopped recording and was on the way back to Torren when...

Delta Wailmer's line is Ice/Flying type. It's just found randomly while soaring in the Holon region. Their abilities are Wonder Skin (Makes status moves more likely to miss), Refrigerate (Normal-type moves become Ice-type moves), and Snow Warning (Hidden; The Pokemon summons a hailstorm when it enters a battle).

It's, uh, quite the sack of HP. Its 90 in Atk and SpAtk, plus the Refrigerate ability, lets it get STAB with both Return and Hyper Beam.

The only correct nickname for a flying Wailmer.

This is almost two hours later. After I got ScubaSteve trained up, it turned out that I'd accidentally made Anubis superfluous, so I benched him in favor of another request.

Glory is a bit of a murder machine. Once he gets off a few Swords Dances, he can abuse both STAB Outrage and STAB Extreme Speed/Return to one shot everything in his vicinity.

I also decided to give Ramses Brave Bird and some Leftovers. This will not last past the end of the update.

ScubaSteve is very good at what he does. I just wish he learned a worthwhile stat boosting move. Sadly, he can't learn either Nasty Plot or Calm Mind. Haze is of dubious usefulness, so I'll eventually replace it. Probably with Thunder Wave for lack of anything else worthwhile.

Also all three of his attacks are boosted by his Mega Launcher ability. So the advertised power is actually 50% higher.

While it looks like little hearts above him, I'm pretty sure this is just some dirty edits for Delta Arcanine's left-facing field sprite.

I got some extra Dream Mist, so let's show this off.

We'll pick Glory for this little experiment.

It's also a one-way trip, but that's fine. His hidden ability is nice anyway.

Now our Foo Dog has multiscale and a Muscle Band. Because he wasn't broken enough to begin with.

We're back in Holon now. While I'm thinking about it, there's another Delta we can grab right quick. Also I told you that the rest of the region was endless miles of untamed forests.

There's a small pond in the absolute middle of nowhere.

It's not even worth posting a map because this area is so tiny.

Some nice berries here.

And then there's this.

Delta Amaura's line is Grass/Water type. Its abilities are Friend Guard (Reduces damage done to allies) and Photroph (Hidden; Restores 1/16 of Max HP per turn; Restores 1/8 under sunlight/harsh sunligh).

After reading about it and realizing what I was looking at, I asked the PokeGoons discord about it. The general consensus was that this thing either needs to be one shot or it will outlast drat near everything you throw at it. Between Leftovers, Sunny Day, Aqua Ring, and Synthesis, it will just shrug off almost all damage that doesn't kill it outright because of how powerful its regenerative abilities are.

She's not quite the wall that Delta Snorlax was, but she still sounds pretty drat broken. She just, y'know, requires some setup first.

That strip of grass on the far left is just an error on the map. There's no way to land there.

Back to Settlement Alfa we go!

This place is very overgrown, and is really really annoying to navigate. All those clusters of trees you see? They're impenetrable. There's a bunch of tiny bushes you can't see behind the trees that block most routes through the area. Even better, see that awful maze at the bottom? There's only one route through it.

Also the area is large enough that I can't fit it all in one screen in RPG Maker. There's even more above the top of the image, but none of it is important. Oh and on top of the three we've already covered in this update, there's five more Deltas to be found in here.

I get it!

TV here must suck is all that they air are terrible cartoons from the 60s.

Oh hey! We'll need this in a moment.

three years!

This is the fire that's supposedly been burning for years.

Let's put it out!

Turns out fire can't get oxygen with a large rock sitting on top of it. That's why Rock is supereffective against Fire attacks. Also a cave opened.

Delta Croagunk's line is pure fire type. Both have Magma Armor (Prevents the Pokemon from becoming frozen), Blaze (Powers up Fire-type moves when the Pokemon is in trouble), and Hustle (Hidden; Boosts the Attack stat, but lowers accuracy) for abilities.

This guy here is a pretty decent attacker. He's got decent stats and learns some nice and powerful attacks. What more can you ask for? If he wasn't postgame only, I would definitely have used him during the main run.

Secret of Mana was such a good series.

In the middle of the jungle is a weird place to find the mega stone for that desert bunny.

The good thing about the jungle is that all the Deltas are found in relation to one another. Croagunk was due north from Foongus here.

Amy scared away the mushrooms.

My first time here, I found this by accident. One square in the middle of the clearing is impassable

Because the Delta was hiding there.

Delta Foongus' line is Dark/Ghost. Both have Prankster and Intimidate (Hidden) for abilities.

Fittingly, it learns a lot of status moves to make good use of Prankster. It doesn't learn a lot of actual attacks by level up, but it can learn a bunch of TMs.

I googled "umbrella oni" and this was the first result, so I went with that. It's probably wrong but :shrug:

The middle of an untamed jungle is the last place that I expected to see a middle aged dad and his toddler-aged child.

Brave Bird's 50% recoil is a bit much.

The directions between Deltas on the wiki are pretty precise.

Probably unnecessarily so, when the destination is the only unique thing in the southern end of the zone.

This is what the tunnels in the second gym looked like. Just, y'know, dark.

Delta Darumaka's line is also Dark/Ghost type. We've actually seen Delta Darmanitan before. Taen used one during the battle first featuring Mewtwo, and he will use one again the next time we meet him. The line's abilities are Unnerve (Unnerves opposing Pokemon and makes them unable to eat Berries) and Wonder Skin.

Darmanitan has a frankly absurd amount of attack (140 base!), but doesn't learn very many good Dark moves to take advantage. The best physical it gets is probably Beat Up, while it, for some uknown reason, learns Dark Pulse, because it's gonna want to put its 30 base SpAtk to use. However, you can also teach it some really nice physical moves from other types.

With a mouth full of teeth like that, you'd think it would learn Bite or Crunch. But nope.

My nicknames were not on point for this update.

There's a very precise set of directions to the next Delta. We gotta keep going south and west until...

Delta Kabuto is Bug/Dark type. Both of them have Swarm, Unnerve, and Tough Claws (Hidden; Powers up moves that make direct contact) for abilities.

Delta Kabutops, unlike Darmanitan, actually gets to put its typing to use. It can learn all sorts of nice, powerful, physical moves to put those stats and that hidden ability to good use.

Far northeast of Kabuto we find this lady looking for it. It's mine now!

Oh hey, there's the last Delta now!

Gotta heart swap to get to it.

Not as cute as Gateau, but still pretty cute.

Delta Dwebble and Crustle 2 are Grass/Poison type. They have Harvest (May create another Berry after one is used), Leaf Guard (Prevents status conditions in sunny weather), and Chlorophyll (Boosts the Pokemon's Speed stat in sunshine) for abilities.

Unlike Gateau, Delta Crustle (Berry) actually learns some good physical moves from both of its types. It also gets a pretty good variety of TMs and tutor moves. So if you don't want Leaf Blade, you can also learn Seed Bomb, for instance. It can even learn Bug Bite to gently caress with predatory Psychic-types.

The long-awaited third member of the berry trio. First we had Strawberry and Blueberry, now we have Raspberry too.

For once, we found all the Deltas in an area before we fought all the trainers. So now we need to find them.

:toot:

After some wandering we finally find the first guy.

And eventually we stumble across the last trainer.

Uh-huh.

Let's get the hell outta here. Though I am surprised there weren't any Victreebell in here.

Before we close out, let's teach Ramses Acrobatics once more. It's only 10 less power, and he doesn't take a fuckton of damage when he uses it.

And that's enough for now! Eight Deltas in a single update was kinda crazy, yeah?

NEXT TIME: Holon Mountain

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kasa-obake is correct; it literally means umbrella monster/ghost/etc. I'm most familiar through Muramasa the Demon Blade, where they're regular enemies that love to shiv you, and Touhou Project's surprise-loving Kogasa Tatara.

Sometimes you'll see "karakasa" instead of just "kasa", which just means the umbrella is specifically made out of bamboo and paper.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
You know, I never really put any thought into Delta Aurorus other than knowing it existed so that's uh...yeah. Bust out the Taunt user I suppose.

Meanwhile, Holon Mountain's got my 2nd favorite Delta in the game and I'm excited to see it shown off(though probably not used as it requires some set up to be nuts).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

...I had to do a double-take to make sure that Delta Dwebble 2 wasn’t discovered by MorallyInept.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Wait this game has two Delta Dwebbles?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Delta Aurorus being really good is fine because Aurorus heavily needs the boost, goddamn is the original just awful. Ice/Rock is just a death sentence of a type.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Strange Matter posted:

There's a couple like that. We've got both Delta Petlils, we don't have the third duplicated one yet.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
All these deltas are v good

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
another very good dwebble

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Should have named the Umbrella Kogasa :colbert:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Strange Matter posted:

We got a mega stone called Delta Metagrossite (spider). Why would it need to have "(spider)" attached if the spider one was the only Delta Metagross?

That made it clear to me that we would be getting multiple deltas for some Pokemon.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Please please please show off Hydralisk. :allears:

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Oh my god that Foongus :kimchi: They really knocked some of these outta the park.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BlazeEmblem posted:

We got a mega stone called Delta Metagrossite (spider). Why would it need to have "(spider)" attached if the spider one was the only Delta Metagross?

Whoever decided that name really wanted it to be as long as possible. It breaks tables already as it is, so let's add more and more to it!

Delta Max Hyper Enigma Master Metagrossiteium-Z Orb Gem 2 (Spider-Man)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All this talk about amusingly named mega evolution stones and no one has said anything about Etigirafarigite. Y'all are slacking.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Kabutops is one of my favorite Pokemon and Delta Kabutops just looks like such a murder machine, I love it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
God so many of these Deltas are wonderful designs.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I understand why so many of these are hidden away, given the episodic nature of the game. That said, if they did another game like this made of 100% Delta Pokemon, I wouldn't complain. These are some stunningly good designs, with some good sprite work to back them up. I'm not even saying they need to make more Deltas, I mean just take the nearly 200 they already have and run with those.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

We already have Pokemon Quartz, though? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I love that Delta Kabutops is totally the bug that Genesect was meant to be before getting it's robotic parts.

And berry bush Crustle is such a fun idea. :swoon:

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I understand why so many of these are hidden away, given the episodic nature of the game. That said, if they did another game like this made of 100% Delta Pokemon, I wouldn't complain. These are some stunningly good designs, with some good sprite work to back them up. I'm not even saying they need to make more Deltas, I mean just take the nearly 200 they already have and run with those.

Game Freak could do this themselves by making Gen IX nothing but regional forms.

They should totally do this.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Delta Kabuto line is amazing, the colors are also nice and you should use it. Delta Wailmer and Delta Wailord are really cute and you should use them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I need more Delta Wailord in my life

Imagine it using Earthquake