Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

OgretailFood posted:

Delta Kabuto line is amazing, the colors are also nice and you should use it. Delta Wailmer and Delta Wailord are really cute and you should use them too.

I second this since Anubis has gotten benched already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Why not give Scuba Steve Stealth Rock if you are looking for a utility move?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Skywhale is such a good design idea tho, I love the big doofy things

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Wow, what a ride.

I previously binged the middle half of Reborn and stayed up to date on it, and plowed through it all in a strange fugue state of not being able to look away.

Binging this thread was legit enjoyable and great.

Bravo, DN

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh my god, the cloud whale

you need to use it :3:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

It's adorable and I want one.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That is absolutely the right name for Delta Wailmer.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
You meet the most interesting things in the Emolga Taxi.

Elchar
Jan 15, 2019

one majestic bitch
Ok. I am caught up with the thread again. So many cool delta, gotta draw something later. :D
(Also thanks to whomever gave me the avatar. I love it.)

Elchar
Jan 15, 2019

one majestic bitch
Well, I did draw something. I love both Delta Crustles, to be honest. I find it rather interesting that despite having very different ideas about which direction to take Crustle in, these two still got some design elements very similar to each other (like having berries on them).

((Also, sorry about the doublepost))

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Elchar posted:

Well, I did draw something. I love both Delta Crustles, to be honest. I find it rather interesting that despite having very different ideas about which direction to take Crustle in, these two still got some design elements very similar to each other (like having berries on them).

:allears: I love your take on the Crustles!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
CRUSTLES

They are so good, thank you for this.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Elchar posted:

Yaaaaaay

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019

Elchar posted:

:perfect:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Elchar posted:

oh my god they're adorable and perfect

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Elchar posted:

They are freakin adorable and friends :kimchi:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back. Today we're gonna climb Holon Mountain!

It's not nearly as complex as it looks. In fact, it's mostly a straight path with a couple small detours.

Running up and down a mountain seems like it would be really bad on your knees.

The Hyperspace Hole drops us on a ledge fairly high up.

Rock Polish I could take or leave, but that Relic Song wall is going to stop us from getting one of the Deltas on this route. I'll explain more when we work our way back up to where it is.

If we follow the small stream to its other end, opposite the Hoopa portal, we find one of these. There's actually quite a few really nice, rare items to be found here like vitamins and several TMs.

ScubaSteve comes out to lead the party as we climb up to the first landing.

It's been a while, hasn't it? I haven't seen you since the pyramid. Listen, so we're going to battle. That's obviously going to happen. But before we start... you know Professor Maple? I haven't really been working with him, I've been helping out Professor Pine, but he's been acting super weird.

legendaries.

Someone made the comparison to Mr. Crocker and, yeah. It's impossible to take Professor Maple seriously now. Not that it was possible before but... you get what I mean.

He might be losing it. I'm worried. I think the whole Delta thing is getting to him. You're working with him, right? You might wanna keep an eye on him. But anyways, you know why I'm here.

Nora's traded her Delta Girafarig for a Delta Maractus. Her team is also higher level than 6 out of 7 of the Timeless, and she could probably easily beat Red. So, y'know, we need to take her seriously.

This is ScubaSteve's first real test.

He very nearly one shot her Aegislash with Dark Pulse.

And it wasn't a weak hit, either. That was with two 30% damage boosters attached.

Sacred Sword hurts quite a bit, but...

Something I forgot to mention is that this route is perma-hailing. And Aegislash is well below the 1/16th tax it takes per turn.

Her Darmanitan is up next.

ScubaSteve is the best. :allears:

Maractus-bot vs Virulence. An odd matchup you might think.

Even though Delta Camerupt learns Corrode naturally, he can also learn Flamethrower. And he has enough SpAtk to make it viable. Plus, Poison Gas (Toxic)/Venoshock is a very potent combo.

Cirno against Flygon.

It's a tale we've seen several times now. It's a little faster, but Cirno can one shot it.

Poor Florges. Something like Virulence is the sort of thing that gives fairy types nightmares.

Moonblast hurts, but Virulence can take it. The punishment he dishes out in return is more than enough.

Even from the earliest encounters against this Celebi, it's continually run afoul of my bug types and been one shot for it.

X-Scissor is one of the best physical moves that bug has, and when backed by a Metagross's mountain of stats...

Someday, maybe, I'll beat you, but I guess I have to take the loss for now. You might be the most talented trainer of this generation, Amy. I don't know how someone can be so good. But anyways, just remember what I said about Professor Maple, okay? I wonder... if this is what happens to a distinguished professor when he's surrounded by Delta Pokemon...

legendaries around? I'll see you around, Amy.

That was the last time we'll ever fight or even see Nora in this LP. She has one more brief appearance after the Elite Four rematches, but I really doubt I'm going to be doing those.

There's three ways to go... left, up, and right. We'll go right first.

I'm a scientist, studying pokemon. I love my job.

There's a small grotto between those two trees above us.

:confused:

Delta Meditite is fairy-type, while Medicham is Ground/Fairy. Both have Sap Sipper (Boosts the Attack stat when hit by a Grass-type move) and Athenian (Hidden; Doubles the Pokemon's Special Attack stat) as abilities. Mega Medicham has Athenian as well.

Its hidden ability is Huge Power, but for SpAtk. Even better, Athenian can only be found on Medicham's line and on Mega Stunfisk. I'm not really sure how good this pokemon is, but it's certainly interesting. Also a Satyr pokemon is a good concept that I'm genuinely surprised GameFreak hasn't yet explored.

We're now climbing the path north of the crossroads. This will be a short trip.

That TM is further along the critical path.

We're still a ways away from being able to open this. On the other side is...

Delta Hoothoot is Ice/Flying type. Both it and Noctowl have Snow Cloak, Keen Eye, and No Guard (Hidden) for abilities.

While you could have a lot of fun with No Guard and Sheer Cold, at the end of the day this is still a Noctowl. It tops out at mediocre-at-best. I won't be back to pick it up whenever we get Relic Song.

Starts snowing? It's already snowing!

anything.

She has good advice, though.

Here's a little mood music for a snowy mountain.

The way to Settlement Juliet is still up the mountain, but we've got a cave to explore first.

The cave's pretty open, and fairly large.

And it's full of items.

And it has encounters every 6 steps.

This is in the far back of the cave. It looks important, but there's not much we can do with it right now.

:psyduck: What is one of Anastasia's custom-made armors for the Perfection Cult doing here?

If we wanted to, we could now turn Virulence into a toxic waste volcano.

quote:

Achilles Heel deals damage only if there is a Pokemon sharing the same line as the user in the foe's party.

It's 150BP, 5PP, Normal type. Because of our Delta heavy lineup, the chances of us getting to use it are slim to none.

We need to get through that blocked-off cave entrance. But how? Well, the answer is on the screen. Do you see it? It's well hidden.

If you guessed "the slightly discolored rectangle on the wall" then congratulations!

The stalagmite drops, allowing us access.

I love Flash just being a flashlight in this game.

The path is fairly straight, with a couple jagged shifts. Also each time the path shifts to the right, there's another stalagmite in your way. So it's the sort of place you need to use your flashlight.

It's very two steps forward, two steps back.

Got a time rift here!

That pile of stone and rubble is now a pokemon.

Delta Elekid and Electabuzz are pure Rock type, with Inner Focus and Battle Armor (Hidden; Protects the Pokemon from critical hits) for abilities. Delta Electivire is Rock/Dragon type, and has Shadow Dance (Boosts the Speed stat when the New Moon is active) and Sturdy (Hidden).

123 base attack, plus Rock and Dragon moves is a nasty combination. It's basically a Gyarados, but actually with dragon typing. While its base SpAtk is "only" 95, that's still good enough to wield any special attack with deadly efficiency. Even better, with its regular ability, it can double its speed to unprecedented levels.

It's a goddamned monster. But it also has six weaknesses.

A gargoyle pokemon is another really good concept.

I actually never watched the Gargoyles TV show. I had the movie/board game box set as a kid, but never actually saw the show airing.

There's Delta Hoothoot now, but it's completely out of our reach.

We're finally up at the top of the mountain. There's still one more Delta to find, though.

diverse!

His Gigalith exploded on Cirno and one shot her.

Ugh... this cave.

The gimmick so nice they used it thrice.

If we had a Cryogonal, we could now make it like Yuki's and have any hail it causes deal 20% HP per turn.

This is actually a neat gimmick for luring out a Delta.

First, we need to get into a battle. Trainer or wild doesn't matter.

We next need to use an Electric attack in the battle near the lightning rods.

With the rods charged, the screen now occasionally pulses blue.

And once the rods are charged, the next wild battle we get into is with...

Delta Seedot's line is all pure electric type. All three have Volt Absorb (Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move), Minus (Boosts the Sp. Atk stat if another Pokemon has Plus or Minus), and Competitive (Hidden; Boosts the Sp. Atk stat when a stat is lowered) as abilities.

I'm not sure exactly how good this line is. They barely learn any moves outside of the usual electric suspects. I guess Delta Shiftry looks cool, but Cirno does everything he can do, but better.

Nothing worthwhile.

Anyway, that's enough for now.

NEXT TIME: Settlement Juliet and Holon Volcano

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

If only they kept the lightbulb theme with the other two, or used one of those Japanese thunder oni as inspiration instead of tengu and :effort: idk put clouds on it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah, Shiftry kinda drops the ball at the end, but the other two look pretty good at least.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DoubleNegative posted:

While you could have a lot of fun with No Guard and Sheer Cold, at the end of the day this is still a Noctowl. It tops out at mediocre-at-best. I won't be back to pick it up whenever we get Relic Song.

t:mad:

gently caress you go back and get the good snowl damnit :argh:

Damanation
Apr 16, 2018

Congratulations!

Leraika posted:

If only they kept the lightbulb theme with the other two, or used one of those Japanese thunder oni as inspiration instead of tengu and :effort: idk put clouds on it.

Man I feel dumb. I thought it just looked like a wierd butt.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Damanation posted:

It definitely looks like a weird butt.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Damanation posted:

yeah, it'd have helped a lot if they'd lowered the opacity of the filament in the middle and/or made it less crack-shaped.

Jolene
Jan 1, 2019
I made the terrible mistake of marathoning the Reborn LP last night in an insomnia fueled haze, and good golly gee Insurgence is a breath of fresh air compared to that nightmare. Just look at how charming Delta Meditite is. Look at that precious boy.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
So, like, what does Achilles' Heel actually do? The quoted effect doesn't match the move's description and neither match the description of the TM either. It has three descriptions which contradict each other:

Insurgence Wiki posted:

Achilles Heel deals damage only if there is a Pokemon sharing the same line as the user in the foe's party.

Checks the enemy party to match the user, and then lets you deal damage to anything. Odd and doesn't make sense but okay I guess.

Move Description posted:

The user studies the weaknesses of an identical Pokemon in their party to strike the foe with alarming blow.

Checks... your party to match the user and then lets you deal damage to anything. That's actively nonsense and really makes me think this is incredibly badly written.

TM Description posted:

The user strikes with a powerful blow if there is a Pokemon of the same line as the foe in their party.

Checks your party to match the target and then lets you deal damage to it and nothing else. This makes the most sense considering it's called Achilles' Heel but that makes it even less usable!

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!
I kind of wonder if it checks the base species (ignoring whether you have/are targeting a Delta version or not) or if it just targets the user.

Also I'd think that if it checks the entire party to match with the user's line then that might be workable with some planning. A pain, still, and you're probably better off with a weakness-targeting STAB, but workable.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lmfao he has plugs for arms

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Man I love Delta Vire and really wish it was available earlier. Especially was helpful since I carried around my Mega Delta Charizard the entire game so I pretty much always had double speed in the few late battles I did get to use the gargoyle in.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really love bulb seedot and the way his cap became the bulb screw.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

So do we ever save Damian?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Damian was last seen in our dream realm, and one of the 10 postgame sidequests is to return to there To Do A Thing. :ssh:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So that armor stuff - do all of them change the pokemon's appearence? I'm surprised you haven't tried any of them out yet.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Nihilarian posted:

So that armor stuff - do all of them change the pokemon's appearence? I'm surprised you haven't tried any of them out yet.

They do! They all actually look pretty good!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i love that the armors are for like, legendaries and pseudo legendaries and super power pokes
and then also leavanny :3:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Hello everyone and welcome back. We're very nearly done with the Holon Region. In fact, today's update is the penultimate Holon update!

I have wonderful, wonderful news! So, you remember when I called you a while back, about the fighting pokemon? We now have conclusive evidence that was Delta Regirock! A Delta version of a legendary pokemon! How wonderful! And, more importantly, we now have evidence that Delta Registeel will be passing through the Holon Volcano area!

I can't wait! This will be my big break! "Well take away your tenure", they said... oh, I'll show them! I'll make the whole world pay! The world will see the power of my Delta Species pokemon!

Nobody tell him that half the deltas are jokes.

...anyways, yeah, come to the base of the volcano as soon as you can. Delta Registeel will be swinging by soon, and you don't want to be tardy and miss it!

Right. Anyway, this is Settlement Juliet.

No points for guessing that the Holon finale happens up there.

Delta Feebas is Ghost type, and its abilities are Rattled, Run Away, and Spirit Call (Hidden; Powers up Ghost-type moves in a pinch). You might recognize Spirit Call from quite a few screenshots during the LP, as Delta Feebas is the only pokemon to get it aside from Delta Charmander's line.

On the other hand, Delta Milotic is also pure Ghost type, but gets three different abilities.... Regenerator, Defiant, and Cursed Body. Mega Milotic gets Absolution (Hidden; Boosts the Special Attack stat when the New Moon is active). Absolution is also a hidden ability of Darkrai and Delta Larvesta's line. Absolution also takes awayy 1/8 HP per turn that New Moon is active.

Milotic is kinda weird, because one of its abilities boosts its attack stat. Milotic is primarily a special attacker. It's got base 125 SpDef and 100 SpAtk. Boosting its 60 base Attack is odd. It's an alright ghost type, but there are better ones to use. Also gotta love the edgy aura of darkness.

Delta Mawile is really pretty, but my favorite has to be Delta Magmortar. Gotta love ScubaSteve!

This NPC has a lot to say, so...

doesn't seem to me like they just disappeared. I think they left voluntarily. Like they were scared of something. Could it have been a pokemon? Maybe... But looking at what happened to Professor Maple, I think it's very clear that these Deltas are a lot more dangerous than we first thought.

I've been cutting most of it out, but all across the region, there have been people wondering about what happened to the ancient civilization that was around here. This seems to be the conclusion the game gives... that they were scared away by delta species pokemon.

:psyduck:

:confuoot:

top of an active volcano?

Nobody likes the guy who runs around trying to act like the "Only Sane Man" to everyone else. Everyone is probably aware that the volcano is active, but their research grant requires them to be here.

For some reason we can't give ourselves permission to visit up top, so we have to actually go into the volcano like a chump.

This unassuming cave is the entrance to the volcano.

The volcano is home to five Delta species, though we can only catch three at the moment.

And the

encounter rate

is at

maximum.

Do you remember way back in the third update, when I was talking about how the Run Away ability of Staaaaares would be useful? I specifically had this area in mind at the time. If you don't use Max Repels religiously, then you're gonna have an annoying and tedious time.

Holon Volcano is also home to the 8th Meloetta Tile Puzzle. So by the end of this update, we'll be ready to finish the longest sidequest in this game.

the day!

One of the side paths!

Son of a bitch. The other side of that Relic Song wall has...

Delta Venipede's line is Rock/Fire type. They have Weak Armor, Magma Armor, and Mold Breaker (Hidden) for abilities.

Scolipede learns quite a few extremely powerful attacks that all seem to either have lovely accuracy or cause 50% recoil damage. Also quadruple weakness to both Ground and Water means this awesome looking firebug just... isn't as good as its normal version. A pity.

There's nothing here in the bottom of the area. Kind of weird, because you'd think there'd be at least one trainer hanging out back here.

Maple and Pine are in the middle of the zone.

People have seen both Registeel and its Delta counterpart all over the mountain! We've done some calculations... they should be passing by any moment now. Professor Pine was kind enough to let me borrow Holon University's last few Master Balls to catch them.

Pine! Shush, they're coming by now!

He lets Registeel pass by, but...

Boom. Gotcha. Wow, that was... absurdly easy and anticlimactic. Master Balls... really take all the fun and excitement over catching a pokemon away, don't they? It's a wonder they even exist at all.
Maple. This is absolutely foolhardy. This is a legendary pokemon! The type of pokemon who control our ecosystems, the weather, even time and space! Not only should any one person not have this power, but who knows what kind of impact the removal of such an important species will have on the ecosystem!

I promise you, when we're done researching, I'll release it. I only want the best for everyone!

Pine leaves.

Nobody can cut my tenure if I'm the owner of the world! It's so incredible to think that I'm holding a legendary pokemon... A superior, Delta legendary pokemon. Amy... I really believe in these Deltas. These are the future. Incredible pokemon with different types...

But I AM going to catch all three members of this trio. For research purposes of course. You said you found Regice and its counterpart underneath the lake?

I'll be underneath the lake! You can't stop the tide of Delta Species, pun intended.

I'm glad he's having fun doing this. I think it's important he have his fun now, because he's going to stop having any once he tries to take on Amy.

:psyduck:

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. Audrey was last seen holding this. How did it get here? Are there multiple Blue Orbs? For that matter, are there multiple Kyogres and Groudons? I don't pick it up because I don't realize it's here, but the Red Orb is also in this volcano.

There's more stuff over here, where the Regis were coming from.

Indeed.

Wait...

Is that...

Nah, couldn't be.

See the three red rocks at the bottom of the screen? There's a ladder hidden between them. The wiki doesn't mention that. It just says there's a ladder in this area. It takes me a while to find it as a result.

The Red Orb is the item diagonally up from Amy.

These platforms permanently appear when we use Tesseract. We'll swing around to them in a minute.

But first...

Delta Aron's line is Fire/Steel type and they look loving sweet. You can try to be as detached from it as you want, but there is no denying that there is something pure loving awesome about a giant flaming steel dinosaur. Anyway, all three have the same abilities: Flame Body (Contact with the Pokemon may burn the attacker), Drought (Turns the sunlight harsh when the Pokemon enters a battle), and Heavy Metal (Hidden; Doubles the Pokemon's weight).

This pokemon is a huge tank. Normal Aggron already is a tank with its typing, but its Delta version gets more resistances, and is only 2x weak to fighting instead of 4x. Oh and it takes 1/4 damage from five types. I'm pretty sure if it got its mega evolution in this game, it would be nearly unstoppable.

-

I'm kinda thinking of using Charsi just because "this is the most metal pokemon in existence".

The rocks appeared back where we met the professors.

Delta Sableye is actually below that semi-hidden ladder I pointed out earlier.

Just wandering around blindly now...

just asking.

He's a megalomaniac. You should never get involved with megalomaniacal madmen.

This cave is way back near the entrance. It's actually very important!

It's mostly just a long side path, but there's a lot of water in here for some reason.

of crazy pokemon you could find here!

This is up on top of a small Rock Climb wall near Dooper.

I spy with my little eye...

The final Meloetta Tile Puzzle!

:toot: We're finally done with this sidequest we've been chipping away at for the entire game. All that's left is to make it official.

I'm positively giddy at being done with that sidequest. No more sliding tile puzzles! No more tediously translating the layout into 1-15 and then plugging that into a solver and following its directions!

Minara here is kind of a direct hint at what to do.

This cave looks really cool. I'm also glad they didn't make this section full of fog to simulate steam.

Huh... what an odd move.

I love these shots of a magma sea surrounding this little spit of land. It brings back memories of messing around with Dwarf Fortress 0.31.

Anyway, we need to fish in this pool at the back of the cave. It only has a single encounter...

Delta Remoraid and Octillery are both pure Fire type. They have Heatproof (Weakens the power of Fire-type moves received), White Smoke (Prevents other Pokemon from lowering its stats), and Contrary (Hidden; Makes stat changes have an opposite effect) for abilities.

It's Octillery, but Fire type. It still learns a bunch of cool moves and has the stats to use physical and special attacks equally well. So it's still very good, except now it can play a nasty game with its stat changes. Contrary seems like it could be difficult to use effectively, but would also pay off in spades when its time comes.

Named for the Devil May Cry character who uses a bunch of guns.

After this I finally realize there's something hidden in these rocks.

Delta Sableye is Rock/Fire type, and its abilities are Solid Rock (Reduces damage from supereffective attacks), Weak Armor, and Unburden (Hidden). Mega Sableye gets Bulletproof (Protects the Pokemon from some ball and bomb moves).

I'm not sure this guy is very good. While its mega form has Mega Sableye's usual great defensive stats, you're also giving up your team's mega evolution for something that is, at best, merely alright. While I would love to be wrong about this, I just don't see it being useful at all.

It looks neat, though.

Name courtesy of my friend.

Anyway, that's enough for now.

NEXT TIME: The epic conclusion to the Holon Region

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 24, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

holy poo poo that aron; you gotta use it.

I'm kind of disappointed that I like normal Scolipede better than the delta's design. Maybe because only one horn?

You can tell that these deltas were added in later because the spritework is leaps and bounds above the early game. Pity that the episodic nature of the game means the cool things are banished to where no one would use 'em, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leraika posted:

holy poo poo that aron; you gotta use it.

Seriously. Not only is it the most metal thing imaginable, it's a loving sun setter? :getin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, that Aron is incredibly awesome looking. Use it.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Some Numbers posted:

Yeah, that Aron is incredibly awesome looking. Use it.

:bandwagon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

There are some really sweet looking delta dudes in this section, wow.

I also love that Giovanni's just passing through. No big deal, just exploring somewhere new like any other trainer. That's how references should be handled - easy to spot if you're in the know but not shoved in your face and explained at length.

Also as villain motivations go, taking over a university to secure tenure and make everyone praise your research isn't even close to the most absurd story this franchise has had. Rock on, Maple.