Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Please capture and use a diglett. I have fond memories of using one for a long stretch of Pokémon Yellow way back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Miss posted:

This game is powerfully stupid

i love it

:five:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I take back what I said about the diglett earlier. I want to change my request. Please capture and raise an Abra named Zucchini (because it rhymes with Houdini). Abras are adorable, and their final forms are extremely powerful. My Alakazam in Silver basically carried me through 80% of the game, and I ended up using him more often than my starter.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Ugh I want to play this game, but I have 0 interest in hours of grinding. Many of the changes that the developers made are significant improvements over the actual series though.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Miss posted:

im in love...

Oh my god. :allears:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just got the pun that it's a crab cake. :v:

:perfect:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

iospace posted:

It's why I never care until post game about natures and IVs and EVs. I feel that ruins the game

:same:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

GeneX posted:

CAKE CRAB

Definitely this.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

DN, you really should consider asking Orange Fluffy Sheep how they edited a rare candy shop into Reborn and skip the grind altogether.

Seriously. I very much appreciate that you got Zucchini to level 17 even though Abra knew no moves other than Teleport, but that was already a big sacrifice of your time. Please don’t burn yourself out.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ace of Aces posted:

This is actually a quirk of the game engine, not Insurgence's dev actually being a dick, unlike in their previous game, where any detected cheating would replace your pokemon with Dunsparce, change every text box to "DON'T CHEAT", and overwrite delete your saves, and overwrite your autosave slots with garbage every frame.

:stare:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Ugh. It’s not “mature” when it includes an abusive trainer. It’s just depressing, especially since we apparently can’t do anything about it.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Uhhhh. So what is with the rock?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

It's his friend.

I was expecting the rock to suddenly show up as an extra Pokémon to beat us up right before we get the badge. I guess it’s like PTSD from the Reborn Let’s Play.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Hard mode seems especially ridiculous because this is the first gym. It’s one thing if the third or fourth gym suddenly smacks your team down, but it’s something else altogether when the very first serious challenge that you see crushes you. I mean, the fact that your team has to be level 20+ for it is already excessive for more casual players. I don’t want to have to evolve my starter just to face the first gym leader.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

HardDiskD posted:

I can't hate too much on Insurgence's Hard mode if only because it's a thing that you willingly select, instead of being forced upon you by the devs.

Fair point. Casual players wouldn’t go out of their way to make their game experience more difficult.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
That was actually really cute, and I’m glad that Orion actually had a friend in that rock the whole time. :3:

I am too busy to start a new Pokémon game, but I’m currently convinced to download this as soon as I have more free time. Thanks for the great Let’s Play and helping me realize that some of these fangames are actually good.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

ajkalan posted:

You should use a Throh because probably not many people use these things. And name it Henry David.

I wanted Cake Crab, but this is also good. Or just any other delta Pokémon really. I would like to see more of them.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Drop Janine. Pikachu's pretty much the least interesting thing you could put on a team.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Yikes. Good thing that it didn’t take your game files too.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I hope that Zucchini will at least get a chance to reach his final evolution one day. I understand that there isn’t much new stuff to show off with Alakazam (although I’m somewhat curious what you meant with the Miracle Eye silliness), but he deserves more than to stay a Kadabra his whole life.

Also, it is good to hear that Chompy Boy is back. :allears:

Psycho Knight posted:

Nora is incredibly stupid and loose-lipped. I think I remember her never keeping her mouth shut about anything, and people continue to confide things in her despite this.

She told Damian for god's sake. She clearly has no understanding of what a 'secret' is supposed to be. Her throwing Celebi around in the open is nothing.

She’s a kid.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Miss posted:

YOU'RE A MONSTER

You are fantastic.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bench edgelord dragon. Acquire dragon bird.

:yeah:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

As per usual, I must suggest you use the Delta Pokémon, so add Litwick and Misdreavus, drop any non-Delta. Except Throh, who is a bro.

Also now I want to see Delta Lotad.

I’m in favor of this.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Awww

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Miss posted:

that's clearly the best pals box

Awww poor cake crab. He looks prominently traumatized from getting kicked out of the team.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I love Dumbleduck’s art, but ugh, it’s a real shame that he doesn’t learn better moves.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
The writing is not good, but it is much better than I expected. Expectations are everything.

And that Wobbuffet was brilliant trolling.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Seems unfair that our rivals get to use their legendary Pokémon while we haven’t gotten a chance to use Mew since we obtained our lich, but okay.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

I just finished recording for tomorrow's update and I wanted to give a quick preview of the team!

More than one of them are there specifically to counter the upcoming boss.

Omg Delta Snorlax.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

TheKirbs posted:

You have a a tree pokemon with a name that ends in 'ax' and you didn't think of Lorax as a nickname?

I want to bring more attention to this.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Miss posted:

i like the deltas
even the dumb ones

:same:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Black Robe posted:

I'm just here for cat pictures :3:

Seriously, these cat pictures are wonderful and much appreciated in edgy Pokémon LPs.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Please use Politoed

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

:allears:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

BlazeEmblem posted:

I actually like the twist that Damian is her son.

This game keeps dumping on Damian and I keep feeling sad about it. He's a nice guy that doesn't deserve everything that keeps happening to him.

Same although I’m not thrilled about the Pokémon human hybrids.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Squirtle! Always Squirtle

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Nathan is great. I also like that we have two delta fire starters.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

I vote for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Jaern having a complete breakdown because now everyone knows what he really is is super rewarding. Go gently caress yourself, Jaern.

I love how emotionally satisfying this game can be.