Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

LiefKatano posted:

Increasing move power based on conditions is also already supported, so adding pseudo-STAB (+50% to Ghost move power) would be easy (though depending on how Essentials handles power boosting abilities it might take more messing around with than the rest of the Ability).

Like someone else mentioned, this ability also exists in Gen VII. Dhelmise gets the ability Steel Worker, which is just a flat 50% boost to steel-type moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, we haven't seen any original original mons in this game, so if we ever get to meet the complete dragon I'm guessing it'll be Delta Kyurem or at most grey Kyurem. Y'know, like Nora said just out of earshot of the villain, after showing off her Celebi that no one must know she has.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever stunt the game will pull to make Amy join the Infernal Cult. We all agree that's definitely going to happen, yeah?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Kikas posted:

Name it Rhydon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Just for the crowd at home, we started out with five known cults, and over the course of the game, we've dismantled two, but we've also watched the genesis of the Deoxys cult, have yet to run into the Giratina cult, and have just become an association member of the Arceus cult.

I don't know the status of the Kyurem cult, but as far as I can recall, they've only ever had two members, the Darkrai cult hasn't done anything notable since the intro, and we're gearing up to take down the Groudon cult, but still haven't resolved the prophecy saying Amy will become a member of it.

This game has altogether too many cults and they're popping up faster than we can knock 'em down.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Raitzeno posted:

Would a Normal/Fairy Blissey be more or less terrifying than it is now? (IIRC this is the typing of Delta Dwebble's line, so we have some baseline for comparison.)

It's also Wigglytuff's typing, which is already kind of a less lopsided Blissey. Compared to normal, it loses the fighting weakness, gains a weakness to steel and poison, and a pretty decent resistance to bug and dark in addition to the dragon immunity. I'd call it a step up, since good physical fighting moves are still more common than steel or poison. I don't think Fairy STAB is the best complement to normal, but it does cover rock and ghost outside of like two lines and two ultra beasts.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've never personally liked legendaries, because they kind of go against the spirit of pokémon as I enjoy it. To me, it's all about finding a little fluffy cotton bird and raising it to be the biggest, fluffiest cotton dragon of destruction through the power of cock fighting and ample pets and treats, and getting snuggly with the literal embodiments of time or death or whatever is kind of off-putting. I was also kind of put off by the Rainbow Rocket episode in USUM, but I could appreciate it being a gauntlet for you to pit your team of non-legendary "normal" pokémon against all the legendaries and villains of past generations and come out ahead, but Insurgence is basically the RR episode stretched out across an entire plot, with all the legendaries instead of just the version ones.

I'm also sorta bugged by the Perfection Cult being so aggressively violent or hostile. Reukra especially could have just been an edgier Colress if he didn't spend every other appearance ranting about how he'd happily euthanize your starter or murder you if you weren't slightly more useful to his plans alive. It'd be a nice break from all the other Cults being wholly dedicated to destruction and domination. Hell, if he's going to do something unforgivably evil in the future, it'd be a lot more impactful if he'd been an unlikely ally for the rest of the game.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like to imagine Delta Absol as a fairly cute normal type deer whose appearance portends things like local trees with tasty leaves and berries and the absence of loud scary noises and large predators.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Commander Keene posted:

Delta Growlithe is probably supposed to be a Chinese guardian lion, better known in English as a Foo Dog. A Quilin is more of a horse-like creature, iirc.

Isn't that also the case for standard Growlithe? I've always thought of Arcanine as a stylized foo dog, and I'm assuming that's why the deltas are just a more literal depiction.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Glazius posted:

Also, speculating here, the hack to immortality is that if you bury an immortal in a mortal's dream they die when the mortal does.

Given that the cult was originally trying to erase Amy’s memories, I’m guessing it’s just “if you lock someone in a dreamscape and then erase the dreams you delete the person.”

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think the Arceus stuff kind of gets a pass, since every faction in Insurgence is based around people misrepresenting or exploiting legendary Pokémon. The Arceus cult is just another cult who happens to be the only one that is decidedly not malicious (up to this point), and is instead lame as hell for mostly comprising canon characters for no good reason. If Arceus shows up and goes “are you there, Amy? It’s me, god, and here’s what I want you to do:” that’ll be hella dumb, but as far as I’m concerned, he cares as much about these dweebs as Darkrai does about Persephone until proven otherwise.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

BisbyWorl posted:

I find it another point in Insurgence's favor that this LP is a good four months younger than Reborn's and yet we just have this cult, Victory Road, and the E4 left before we hit postgame (unless they throw a curveball at us). Meanwhile Reborn is 3 badges away from having all of them, let alone reaching the League.

I mean, the Kyurem/Mewtwo dudes and the Deoxys mutant gang are still kicking. They're not exactly bent on world conquest, but we probably still have to deal with them at some point.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That whole speech completely glossed over why the Distortion World is a nightmarish hellscape, which seems like it would be a bit more pertinent than mythological revisionism and knowing the definition of antimatter.

Nyx seems to imply that it's genuinely because Arceus and Giratina fought over who should get to call their stuff matter and who gets antimatter, but that makes so little sense I wouldn't even know where to begin to unpack it.

Also, for the record, antimatter isn't a theoretical concept. It's been created here on earth in lab conditions, but only in infinitesimal amounts because matter and antimatter annihilate each other violently when they come into contact.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
To be fair on the whole antimatter thing, it’s apparently canon that Giratina and the Distortion World are made of antimatter, with one dev on record as saying “I don’t really get what it means, but after designing the distortion world I think I have a pretty good idea.”

It’s not a stupid Insurgence idea, it’s just trying and failing to make sense of a stupid canon idea.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Leraika posted:

any Gastrodon or any eviolite Goomy or siiigh I guess Goodra if you gotta evolve the latter.

How about we compromise and go with Eviolite Sliggoo? It's a viable pokémon that's still cute as heck and not Goodra.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DoubleNegative posted:

Hey, just so you're aware, this will not realistically happen. There are a total of 199 separate species of Delta pokemon. It's like asking someone to raise and show off every pokemon between Bulbasaur and Slowking in the national dex.

Otherwise I have the following requests from y'all

I don't think anyone actually asked for Goodra, but I would be happy to see either Sliggoo!

Zereth posted:

... what would Regifairy look like

Like the healing fairies from OoT, only giant, obviously.

Also I hope Delta Registeel is a fighting type and comprises one giant balled up fist with tiny little legs and that Regi-face somewhere on it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lyumia posted:

Also I thought power trick didn't apply buffs that were done before using the move.

Bulk up boosts attack and defense equally. Power Trick won't swap the boosts, but it doesn't matter in this specific case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
oh my god, the cloud whale

you need to use it :3: