Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

As the voice of dissent, I'll admit, I don't mind the CONCEPT of cults worshipping legendary pokemon, and using dream eater to erase a person's memories seems like it would be a very good way of making sure that someone couldn't be deprogrammed away from the cult. I could see cults worshipping and making annual offerings to, say, Kyogre for good rain, or Groundon to minimize volcanic activity. It's an interesting direction that, handled properly, could be interesting, especially in a "Faith vs Science" angle, where you have a team wanting to harness a local legendary pokemon for the benefit of all the world, and a cult wanting to protect it from the team, but keeping it for their region.

Plus I like the "The cult's practices work, just Darkrai wants nothing to do with them and Nopes the gently caress out of there as soon as he's summoned". That was probably more entertaining than it should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Patter Song posted:

Sudowoodo would've been the perfect Pokemon to have an Alola form. A rock that disguises itself as a tree? Have a palm tree Sudowoodo.

Gen 2 deserves more love.

It already looks kinda like a palm tree though. Make it look like a pine tree or a cactus, just something that's oddly out of place, or like a willow or oak tree if you want to make it Rock/Poison.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

And, of course, you're going to use the moon stone in a responsible way and evolve the greatest pokemon ever created, correct?

Also, when can you get a Jigglypuff? You need a Wigglytuff named Yoomtah (or YOOM-TAH if you care about quote accuracy).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So, at what point do we start running into Jigglypuffs (or... any fairy-types for that matter. Is the Togepi egg the first one?)?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I... completely forgot Ralts and Marill were fairy type now. I still stand by my belief that Wigglytuff is the best Fairy though (and by extension, Jigglypuff and Igglybuff).

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Miss posted:

that's clearly the best pals box

From left to right:
"Why is he hugging me? Does he want me to leek him? I'll loving leek him if he keeps hugging me"
"I am being... Hugged. I do not know how I feel about this hug. Perhaps I should offer him some cake? Would he like my cake?"
"And now I'm being hugged by an Electivire. Not quite sure how I ended up in this situation."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Zygarde I would assume comes from zygote, considering the whole "cells" thing. How many 8-12 year olds would know what a zygote is on the other hand...

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wartortle and Peace
The Houndooms of Tindalos
The Yamasque of the Red Death

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nah, Damien's going to be the one who turns traitor. The Oracle was very direct, and intentionally started the bickerjng that drove Damien away from Nora and the PC. Nora's destiny was to open her big mouth.

Also, the party needs a Wigglytuff. Sing and YOOM-TAH everything to death!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Did... did we just wander into a The Thing/Pokemon game?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... Johm Carpenter's The Pokething?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

But Damien hasn't joined the Infernal Cult (yet) though, has he? I thought it was the Perfection Cult that Deoxyfied the old man.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So she's dead-dead, not just assumed-dead? Because it seems the events go "Deoxys-hybrids show up, Kyogre knocks her into the water, Kyogre goes into the water on top of her and flees" and then we're told she died without seeing a body.

I'm not doubting it, I'm just wanting to confirm that she is dead-dead.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If we're talking about fan pokemon that we like, I like the Kertruffle line from Sage and its unique requirements for evolving. Still not sure how "gain a level while fainted" is supposed to work for one of them though. Can you use Rare Candies on fainted pokemon?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Considering that armored Mewtwo was a thing way back when, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more "armor/equipment but for pokemon". I mean, barding for horses dates back to the 14th century, do you honestly mean to tell me that only an evil organization went "Haaaaaaang on, these creatures that we use almost exclusively for fighting could do with some goddamn armor"? Or at the very least, more pokemon-specific equipment that enhances that specific pokemon line.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just love how the game continues to dunk on Team Abyssal, to the point where the legendary that they summoned is saying "gently caress y'all, I'm going to side with the person you wanted to sacrifice."

Maybe.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

U.T. Raptor posted:

It's a badass prehistoric bug that was resurrected and then Team Plasma turned it into a robot and stuck a giant laser on it :colbert:

*Checks Bulbapedia entry for Genesect*

Does legendary mean something different than "One-of-a-kind unique pokemon story-wise", cause that looks like its mass-produced.

But seriously, I would love to see a story-relevant legendary bug.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Maybe they're making up for not having a Pokemon Z?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I would love to see Wigglytuff get used.

And I'm honestly surprised at how... dare I say... good the plot is, with the cults actually feeling and acting different from each other. It really is a breath of fresh air, even compared to some AAA games.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Name him Rattrap. He is a robot mouse... thing, right?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I admit, I saw that sprite badly and thought Trevenant there was dual wielding shotguns. That'd be kind of badass, really.

You mean it's not Trevenant with twin arm-cannons? What are those supposed to be then?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

How about Mu? Or Moo? Or Deus Ex?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I feel kinda bad for Absols. They're an entire species of Lassies that get blamed for trying to warn people that Timmy's about to fall down the well.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Very deep into the base"

But... aren't you already on the bottom floor of the base? And isn't it inside an active volcano? The only thing that would be deeper would be... OH... oh... poor Cal.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is the pokeball with Cressalia still there, or did it get sucked in with everyone?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Someone should edit the Hellboy short where Hellboy has waffles for the first time so its Giratina eating the waffles and the energy people lamenting losing him.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

Edit: are damien and old man dna still stuck in our brain dreams :psyduck:

Really, the whole concept of "people are stuck inside your dreamscape" raises a whole host of questions. Can they affect you directly by loving with the dreamscape? If the deoxys-zombies infect everyone in there, can that result in you being infected? What happens to people who die in the dreamscape? CAN people die there? Does time pass regularly or only when you sleep?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Technically, couldn't you just make a map with pokeballs containing the missing pokemon that you would need to unlock it?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just love how shows like Ancient Aliens go on about things like "how stone blocks are cut at perfect 90 degree angles" while holding a square up to a block showing that it's far from a 90 degree angle.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

THE END TIMES HAVE COME! CAST OPEN THE BLOODGATES AND UNLEASH GIRATINA UPON THE WORLD IT WAS CAST OUT FROM! LET IT FROLLIC IN THE FIELDS AND SPASH IN THE OCEAN! LET IT EAT DELECTABLE SNACKS AND BERRIES! LET IT ENJOY THE WORLD IT WAS SO CRUELY CAST OUT FROM!

...That was a vote for Giratina if you missed it in the block of text.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Nah, I like to think it would just create a dream restraining order, then have some dream Officer Jennys (Jennies?) arrest her and put her into dream jail for violating the restraining order.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

the Deoxys thing kind of went nowhere, so I think they decided they had too many things going on but it was too late to remove the plotline so it just... petered out.

I don't know, it seemed to be a fairly complete storyline. Hell, it was even tied into another storyline to give a reason for the mass-innoculations that led to brainwashing. It's just that what we thought it was going to end up as, and wat it actually was are two different things.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Look, just because it's an avatar of nightmares doesn't mean it can't enjoy a quiet weekend in the countryside watching birds and bees frolicking in the garden.

Now I'm a little sad that his cottage doesn't have a wheat field behind it, or a nearby stream full of fish. Its a Discworld joke

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What instrument could Taen be after? He's only after legendary... oh... oh no... that monster.

He stole the Sax-a-boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

As awesome as Mega Porygon Z is... I'm kinda hoping that's a Mega Unown and not just a "What other megas will we have" on the New Megas page.