Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Honestly, so far, I'd probably play the hell out of this? It looks doofy and overly edgy, but it'd be a change of pace and those Delta forms are...unique, if nothing else. And that Pokemon variety is genuinely fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

We have to have Mew in our party from now on, he's our buddy!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

So I picked this up and I just beat the Suntouched Gym. Made me appreciate Corsola like I've never before! Little rock buddy just swept straight through the sunny day team. Good job, Misty!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

son of a bitch

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Catch it and name it Raspberry Pi.

That was the Audino trainer's :v:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

See, Double Negative and I are going to have vastly different experiences going forward, because I had two aces in the hole that he didn't. A full Leftovers/Ingrain/Substitute/Wood Hammer Wall Delta Snorlax, along with a Flinchakiss. Flinchakiss was bulky enough to survive through Deoxys, and won the damage race, and there is literally no special attacker from this point of the game going forward that can break Delta Snorlax's substitute in one shot. So I just got to stall out a lot of teams, because I didn't even need to dip into the Full Restore pocket because Ingrain + Leftovers (which worked for me, unlike Double Negative???) kept on giving him 60ish HP back every turn.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Stall Pokemon are perfectly valid in high-level play. Lugia in particular was noted for being near invincible even by legend pokemon status and Skarmory/Blissey was a defensive combination so potent that it was worth having a Magneton or Magnezone for the pure purpose of locking down Skarmory and killing that steel-winged rear end in a top hat. The problem is it's very difficult to raise a dedicated tank in a single player game because they struggle to gain EXP at the same rate as sweepers who can rack up KOs with a lot less effort making "Go big or go home" the preferred method of choice for the vast majority of the playerbase. Unless they're blatantly overpowered it's just too tedious to bring them up right especially while thinking about EVs and Natures.

The Audino trainer makes it totally viable to level up a wall, and they give HP EVs anyway - and there's an EV trainer right there in the base too who sends out a team of three level 1 Pokemon that give specific EVs based on what you ask for. It took me all of 45 minutes to fully EV train my entire team thanks to the Power items being on sale in Helios, and Delta Snorlax was good to go from that point onwards. I didn't EV train up until I was going back to the Darkrai base too, but I definitely had a full specialized team at this point which helped a ton!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Delta Snorlax is such a god drat beast. And I dealt with the final plot battle with, you guessed it, Flinchakiss.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

I had roughly as many issues with the Nyx fight, but I eventually killed that loving Kangaskhan with a big fat Shadow Ball from my Gengar. After that, it was all between Gengar and Togekiss to sweep the rest, because nothing was outright resistant to their moves, basically! This is one of the few fights where Delta Snorlax was almost worthless, because notice something about Nyx's team? All of the big threats are physical sweepers. Exeggutor is a joke and an opportunity to heal, and Aurorus is a rude thing at the start of the fight but you can just swap your starting Pokemon to something that can oneshot it. Garchomp, Kangaskhan, and Breloom all hit fast as hell and hard as a truck. I actually just oneshot Greninja with an Air Slash so I didn't get to see him with any real threat :v:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Satan Giratina is shockingly toothless, honestly. It can't really kill anyone itself, to be honest, and the hard part was just figuring out what actually worked with that broken rear end ability to whittle it down enough to catch without one shotting it.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Yeah, this entire area was really tonally jarring compared to the rest. I just used Surf to bypass all the trainers on the last part, because gently caress it, I had enough money and they weren't worth enough experience compared to Audino trainer to put up with their bullshit.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

I'm pretty sure the E4 are all custom sprite jobs based on the Insurgence devs, and all of them look like garbage.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

HIlariously, I had a pretty matching team against Rekura? I didn't look up anything he had, I just went in. We had mostly the same setup minus a few things that I couldn't have at that point, of course:

We both had a Delta Haxorus
Armored Tyranitar
Mega Flygon

I couldn't have Delta Volcarona or his legendaries, of course, but what I did have were better:

Delta Snorlax was -immune- to his entire special sweeping team.
Flinchakiss delt with his Haxorus pretty easily.
And finally, I had either my Gengar or my Delta Hydregion to put in some punches of my own. I can't remember who I brought in with me. I know I eventually benched Mega Flygon permanently in the postgame for whichever one I -didn't- have though, mostly because I found the Gengarite partway through the post-game by accident. Could've had it loooong before that though.

But yeah! Everything in this game super heavily favors offense on the enemy side, and if you have a beefy enough wall like Delta Snorlax (or any of the others - you could probably have a Blissey at this point too!) you can pretty easily stall them out without even using items. The only exception I ever found with my Delta Snorlax was an equivalently leveled normal Snorlax at some point, and that was purely due to it having Rest and negating my gimmick.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Let's go dunk Taen. That one's a one and done, we'll be in the new region for like 8 updates.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

After this point, I basically envisioned Professor Maple as Professor Crocker and it all made way more sense.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Delta or just normal Mawile! Favorite Pokemon in general. :3:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

So that armor stuff - do all of them change the pokemon's appearence? I'm surprised you haven't tried any of them out yet.

They do! They all actually look pretty good!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Let's get Relic Song out of the way. I've always loved Meloetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

senrath posted:

It is, but shouldn't it be possible to use the same method used to get rare candies to get master balls?

Double Negative probably doesn't have a save anywhere reasonably close to Delta Melo.