Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I'm pretty sure phantom force will hit for less than shadow ball due to Dracolich's insane Spatk stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

That's because he's named after a real thing

On the one hand, yes.
On the other hand my phone's dictionary has most/all the Gen 1 pokemon in it. It doesn't suggest them as words until it's seen them at least once but it does recognize them as correct.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Black Robe posted:

...why does Bisharp mega evolve into a centaur? That has absolutely nothing to do with its typing, ability or design :psyduck:

Because it goes from a pawn, to a Bishop, to a Knight.

Regular bisharp gets the same design change when it Mega Evolves.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Black Robe posted:

Makes sense. Objection withdrawn. Though visually it's still pretty :psyduck:

The way they have it rearing up makes it look like the legs are just kind of coming out of the middle of the horse-part's chest.

Non-Delta Mega Bisharp isn't exactly my favorite design but it doesn't look nearly as bad.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Speaking of new deltas, I'd love to see you mess around with Delta Shinx for a while, since Shinx/Luxray is Awesome.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

One thing to note about Foundry, the two pokemon that have it as their mega abilities learn stealth rock.

Fire type Stealth Rock is a separate thing from normal Stealth Rock.

If a Ice/Bug type pokemon were to swap in to dual rocks they would instantly die.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Golux posted:

It should just ignore the ghost immunity to those types and compare the attack normally against its other types?

According to the wiki, it's this.

e:\/ I can't begrudge people not wanting to look at the wiki, considering how easy it is to spoil yourself on upcoming deltas/megas.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 17, 2019

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I love the "Namehere" Joke, also Mega Typhlosion looks fine enough to me, it's definitely not the dumbest looking Delta or Mega in this game.

The main problem with him is that he's a one trick pony. Typhlosion just does not have Special Coverage moves and Insurgence did not give it to him. You can breed Extrasensory onto him but... yeah.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

It dealt crappy damage to everything. One of the early trainerson the route has an Azumarill and even hitting for super effective, it dealt less than the equally super effective Flash Cannon. It's just Magnolia's terrible attack stat showing its face in a physical move.

Upside though, Petal Dance is special, and magnolia learns that.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, it's Nathan Typhlosion time.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Remember how I went on a rant a few pages back about how (Mega-)Typhlosion has basically zero coverage moves to back up it's insane special attack stat? Our new friend Nathan does not have that problem.
Shadow Ball, Energy ball, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam just to name a few.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Qrr posted:

The helicopter tail is also pretty awesome.

The Insurgence Pokedex posted:

When preparing for lift-off, it winds up its tail dozens of times. When it releases its tail, it experiences a tremendous burst of speed and soars into the air.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I don't get the Rhydon pun

Right-on?

ChrisBTY posted:

Mew, Bulbasaur, Arceus and Rhydon all have claim to being the 1st pokemon for different reasons.

To clarify. Mew was called the First pokemon in generation 1, Bulbasaur is the first pokemon in the pokedex. Rhydon was the first pokemon created for the games. And Arceus supposedly created the universe and thus all pokemon.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I want to say Ice and Flying.

Fire, Bug, Steel, and Ice.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fairy also suffers from the "you're a special typing so you can have exactly one physical move but it needs a misd chance" problem like psychic does.

Geostomp posted:

Nah. It’ll be Rock/Ghost with three pair of ghostly arms and one pair of normal arms that are constantly crossed.

Because they are in a straight jacket.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The Golux posted:

Does Nathan get Flash Cannon? That would have worked well on Kyurem (and also any fairies you might have trouble with).

Yes, it did.

At level 48?

:psyduck:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Galick posted:

son of a bitch

Catch it and name it Raspberry Pi.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Galick posted:

That was the Audino trainer's :v:

Curse the Audino trainer, ruining my perfect serviceable joke.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

iospace posted:

Also Reborn would have given a field that would have totally hosed you in this battle, no matter how you prepared.

I'm sure if Insurgence asked nicely it could borrow one of Reborn's.

There's several that aren't even implemented in the game yet.

I have no idea why Amethyst picked Fields as her hill to die on but she sure as poo poo loving did.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I don't recall if it happened yet, but I'll be disappointed but not surprised if Ultra Beasts from Sun and Moon were shoved into the story somehow.

In Insurgence? No, nothing from SuMo has shown up, and the developers straight up said they're not adding in any more pokemon because everyone and their brother has their pet delta that they want to put in.

In Reborn? Who the hell knows.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Don't think I didn't catch that Bioshock reference.

Look at this nerd that doesn't have a table trapdoor.

It's basically just Arceus' ability.

Except it doesn't work with Arceus' plates and Silvally's drives don't buff the strength of moves of their type by 20% like the plates do.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well she has an awesome battle theme, that's an accomplishment.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

: A dream sequence? How cliched can you get? Are we really doing this? And it's basically the nightmare realm, too. Everything's black and red, it's so edgy.
Percy continues to be the absolute worst person

quote:

This however is a very good boy, the middle head on dodrio just looks so happy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So the Nopeatina?

quote:

Omnitype is an ability exclusive to Pokémon Insurgence. It is the signature Ability of Primal Giratina.
Effect

All moves used against the target will factor in the weaknesses and resistances of every type.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

We should Hunt down Ovan and see what he knows about Tri-Edge

I mean let's go get a giant pile of Deltas

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

All of the Deltas.

Does dividing by zero actually let you catch the Missingno?

Yes. Dividing by zero causes the glitches that allow you to s̓̔̒̔҉̞͍̞̖́u̦̙̯̱̫͚͒̓̌ͅm͙̹̖̅ͯ̋͑̏̈m̷̂ͩ͛̓̉̍̐̅̚͏̶̤̫̘̤̹̣̱o̶̡̥͈͙̗͓͈ͤͮ̿ͩ̍̈̅̚nͩͣ҉̨̞̬̰͎ ̴̶̣̗̼̙̬͉͓̿͛͑ͭ̚S̵̼̱͎͙̭̯̺ͮͣ̔̊̉̏̇ͅk̦̰̰͛͒ͤͥͮ͗͂ͣ̽e̶̗͓͚̭̙͈̋̏̍ͤ͌́̀ị̛̮̝͓̹̙̪̌̐̒͋͢t̵̩̥͕̝̼̲͓ͩͥ̓̆̎̓͝h͔̱̪͍ͧ find glitch city and the Missing No within.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

If we wait to beat up Taen until later we can beat him up with all of the other pokemon that we're so much better at using than him.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Reukra and the Taen
Reukra and the Taen
One is a genius, the other's inane.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

No, Yes, Yes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Miss posted:

show me the torchic

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

One of it's abilities makes every poison it inflicts toxic poison.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

the wiki implies that you can change back to eevee and between forms. As it has Hyper voice and giga impact labeled as things that turn you back into base form mega eevee.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

a bag with a No symbol on it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Someone's probably doing another round of spine donations I guess.

But they're also removing people's gang tags in the process... so...

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Like that flat earth show that accidentally proved the earth was round.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I wouldn't mind seeing Delta Lucario get some work, particularly if there's someone you can trigger defiant on.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I love the fact that there's an ace trainer with a Metagross named New Meta.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Kinda redundant, given the purpose of Venomous.

Of course, so is Venomous, given access to a Toxic TM. Which is probably why it's stuck near the end of the game.

What you're actually supposed to do with it is use it with a poison-inflicting damaging move. Probably Sludge Bomb.

But that's kind of lame.

Poison gas isn't 100% accuracy, I think his point is "If you're going for a 'will poison the enemy pokemon' move why not go with the more accurate one."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

In some city previously there was a woman just casually mentioning her fiancée, too. I specifically remember that one because Reborn was several updates deep into the suicide lesbian saga at the time, so it was a nice contrast to that.

TBF (Suicide lesbians aside) Most english speakers don't realize that fiancée and fiancé are in fact, gendered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Relic Song then Save Damien. Taen can wallow in his failure for a while longer.